Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I already have feelings of inferiority
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
You're definitely not the only one who feels like that; they may just do something about it in the future.

I don't personally have a problem with likes. I think they're pretty cute, for what they are. I do kinda wish we had a page of dragons that we liked. Dragons who have a lot of likes, though, are not better than other dragons. It just shows which dragons are paraded around on Dragon Share the most. People giving likes out like candy.

I don't actually think much has changed in the long run. I remember getting threads every now and again with someone pouting how their dragons weren't liked enough or asking whether their dragon is cool or posting a thread praising their dragon and being disappointed when no one else commented. The advice for then is the same for now.

Do you like your dragon? Yes? Good. That's all that matters.
You're definitely not the only one who feels like that; they may just do something about it in the future.

I don't personally have a problem with likes. I think they're pretty cute, for what they are. I do kinda wish we had a page of dragons that we liked. Dragons who have a lot of likes, though, are not better than other dragons. It just shows which dragons are paraded around on Dragon Share the most. People giving likes out like candy.

I don't actually think much has changed in the long run. I remember getting threads every now and again with someone pouting how their dragons weren't liked enough or asking whether their dragon is cool or posting a thread praising their dragon and being disappointed when no one else commented. The advice for then is the same for now.

Do you like your dragon? Yes? Good. That's all that matters.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Most likes on a dragon I have is 2. Don't feel bad; don't care about them.
Most likes on a dragon I have is 2. Don't feel bad; don't care about them.
[quote name="BaldwinBogsneak" date="2020-06-10 17:51:00" ] I want an option to toggle them off because I want to encourage people to speak to me directly. Why comment on someone's page telling them you like their dragon when there's a handy-dandy button on the page to do it for you? I feel like a feature intended to encourage more interaction will only encourage less. Comments about my dragons always make my day, but I worry that they'll become more scarce when there's an easy, mindless alternative. [/quote] Thank you for summing up my thoughts perfectly. ^^ I really value each and every comment on my page. To me, they feel a lot more meaningful than an anonymous like. I understand that the anonymity is also where the benefit to the like button lies for some people, especially those with social anxiety. As someone who has struggled with anxiety for quite a while, there are definitely days where I'd much rather press a button and be done with it over thinking of a nicely worded compliment to give to a complete stranger. In the end, I think a toggle would be great; I really can't see a negative to implementing one. Adding a toggle would mean that people who enjoy the like feature can continue to enjoy it, and those who are hurt by or uncomfortable with it wouldn't be forced to interact with it.
BaldwinBogsneak wrote on 2020-06-10 17:51:00:
I want an option to toggle them off because I want to encourage people to speak to me directly. Why comment on someone's page telling them you like their dragon when there's a handy-dandy button on the page to do it for you?

I feel like a feature intended to encourage more interaction will only encourage less. Comments about my dragons always make my day, but I worry that they'll become more scarce when there's an easy, mindless alternative.

Thank you for summing up my thoughts perfectly. ^^

I really value each and every comment on my page. To me, they feel a lot more meaningful than an anonymous like. I understand that the anonymity is also where the benefit to the like button lies for some people, especially those with social anxiety. As someone who has struggled with anxiety for quite a while, there are definitely days where I'd much rather press a button and be done with it over thinking of a nicely worded compliment to give to a complete stranger.

In the end, I think a toggle would be great; I really can't see a negative to implementing one. Adding a toggle would mean that people who enjoy the like feature can continue to enjoy it, and those who are hurt by or uncomfortable with it wouldn't be forced to interact with it.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
The suggestions forum has a huge thread asking for the ability to turn this feature off.

Honestly, the number of likes on a dragon means nothing except that the owner is rich (since I've already seen people on the items for sale group buying likes for their dragons).

My own theory is that this was the devs idea for a treasure sink and they anticipated that there were people out there who would pay to appear to be popular.
The suggestions forum has a huge thread asking for the ability to turn this feature off.

Honestly, the number of likes on a dragon means nothing except that the owner is rich (since I've already seen people on the items for sale group buying likes for their dragons).

My own theory is that this was the devs idea for a treasure sink and they anticipated that there were people out there who would pay to appear to be popular.
posting on dragon share will probably help! i haven't been on dragon share in a while, which is probably why only my avatar dragon has 1 like lol

i've had a lot of issues with likes and social media in the past and i'd rather turn the feature off as well ;; i'm not actively seeking out likes, and my monkey brain is rational enough to know i can't expect hoards of people to randomly storm my lair and like all my dragons, so i'm not too bothered by it yet. but i know it's already creating a lot of bad feelings for people :(
posting on dragon share will probably help! i haven't been on dragon share in a while, which is probably why only my avatar dragon has 1 like lol

i've had a lot of issues with likes and social media in the past and i'd rather turn the feature off as well ;; i'm not actively seeking out likes, and my monkey brain is rational enough to know i can't expect hoards of people to randomly storm my lair and like all my dragons, so i'm not too bothered by it yet. but i know it's already creating a lot of bad feelings for people :(
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
Use inspect element to block yourself from seeing the like button.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Jxckal
Unfortunately I'm stranded to mobile for awhile so this isn't an option..
@Jxckal
Unfortunately I'm stranded to mobile for awhile so this isn't an option..
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
@Supremacy Ah, that complicates things. I'm sorry I can't really think of other ways to help in that case.
@Supremacy Ah, that complicates things. I'm sorry I can't really think of other ways to help in that case.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
As far as I know I've 0 likes and that's just fine. I don't make and design dragons for other people, I do it for myself. If you're playing to please everyone but yourself and stressing out over it then you're doing it wrong.
As far as I know I've 0 likes and that's just fine. I don't make and design dragons for other people, I do it for myself. If you're playing to please everyone but yourself and stressing out over it then you're doing it wrong.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
[quote name="@Jxckal" date="2020-06-10 18:59:53" ] Use inspect element to block yourself from seeing the like button. [/quote] i'm a noob, how do i do that? and will that be permanent across the site?
@Jxckal wrote on 2020-06-10 18:59:53:

i'm a noob, how do i do that? and will that be permanent across the site?
DmRdZYl.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13