Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why and how did the portal open?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Katigura" date="2020-06-05 02:55:57" ] What if it wasnt opened from Sornieth's side but one of the ferberusses knocked something over, activating the portal on accident. [/quote] Alternate dimension dragon: Suzy, you know I'm working. Please get off my desk, you might accidentally press the Open Portal button, and you know that would be bad. [columns][item=ferberus][nextcol][list][left]it's free real estate *accidentally presses button*[/left][/list][/columns] Alternate dimension dragon: [i]oh no[/i]
Katigura wrote on 2020-06-05 02:55:57:
What if it wasnt opened from Sornieth's side but one of the ferberusses knocked something over, activating the portal on accident.

Alternate dimension dragon: Suzy, you know I'm working. Please get off my desk, you might accidentally press the Open Portal button, and you know that would be bad.
Ferberus
it's free real estate *accidentally presses button*
Alternate dimension dragon: oh no
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
The Arcanist decided to get back to work..

..and whoops, created another dimension. well, happens, i guess..
The Arcanist decided to get back to work..

..and whoops, created another dimension. well, happens, i guess..
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
[quote name="@HenryJekyll" date="2020-06-05 06:16:40" ] Clearly someone tried to open a portal to the Blind Eternities. And by someone I mean pink Nicol Bolas. The sheep are that dimension's (or Plane's) equivalent of Planeswalkers. Change my mind. [/quote] I like Arcanist a little more because of this comment. All hail the pink god-pharao [emoji=gold crown size=1]
@HenryJekyll wrote on 2020-06-05 06:16:40:
Clearly someone tried to open a portal to the Blind Eternities.

And by someone I mean pink Nicol Bolas.

The sheep are that dimension's (or Plane's) equivalent of Planeswalkers. Change my mind.

I like Arcanist a little more because of this comment. All hail the pink god-pharao
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
[quote name="ToxieToxie" date="2020-06-05 02:50:21" ] It would be very in character for our flight to reopen a portal to an eldritch dimension, lol. Someone just got a little too curious about that old stone arch, and then whoops! Suddenly overrun by terrifying monsters from beyond! [/quote] Todays News: Darkest Dungeon based lair sweats really hard about eldritch horrors being released on the world. I'm really excited about canonical horrific creatures beyond reality and other dimensions being canonical. [s]You want a canon way for lore fan dragons? You got a world portal right there.[/s]
ToxieToxie wrote on 2020-06-05 02:50:21:
It would be very in character for our flight to reopen a portal to an eldritch dimension, lol. Someone just got a little too curious about that old stone arch, and then whoops! Suddenly overrun by terrifying monsters from beyond!

Todays News: Darkest Dungeon based lair sweats really hard about eldritch horrors being released on the world.

I'm really excited about canonical horrific creatures beyond reality and other dimensions being canonical. You want a canon way for lore fan dragons? You got a world portal right there.
Eldritch abominations? On [i]my[/i] dragon petsite? Its more likely than you think Edit: [quote name="ToxieToxie" date="2020-06-05 02:50:21" ] It would be very in character for our flight to reopen a portal to an eldritch dimension, lol. Someone just got a little too curious about that old stone arch, and then whoops! Suddenly overrun by terrifying monsters from beyond! [/quote] "Whoops spilled the volatile chemical on this portal frame during an elemental resurgance"
Eldritch abominations? On my dragon petsite? Its more likely than you think

Edit:
ToxieToxie wrote on 2020-06-05 02:50:21:
It would be very in character for our flight to reopen a portal to an eldritch dimension, lol. Someone just got a little too curious about that old stone arch, and then whoops! Suddenly overrun by terrifying monsters from beyond!

"Whoops spilled the volatile chemical on this portal frame during an elemental resurgance"
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
I'm definitely blaming the Arcanist for this one.
I'm definitely blaming the Arcanist for this one.
jCVhFoZ.gif
... so I'm looking at the green lightning and portal and just thinking.
The Burning Legion?

So I'm actually not going to blame the Arcanist. Some cultist that might be Arcane, sure. Since the whole reality warping magic could get the attention of a thing that wants to use them, but it could also be any Flight that has interest in ancient relics that uncovered things and wanted to put it back together to see what the whole thing was..

So Arcane, Light, Earth, possibly Ice. Maybe even Water, in attempts to try and see the future, they used magic that put them in contact with something that made promises in return for opening the way.
... so I'm looking at the green lightning and portal and just thinking.
The Burning Legion?

So I'm actually not going to blame the Arcanist. Some cultist that might be Arcane, sure. Since the whole reality warping magic could get the attention of a thing that wants to use them, but it could also be any Flight that has interest in ancient relics that uncovered things and wanted to put it back together to see what the whole thing was..

So Arcane, Light, Earth, possibly Ice. Maybe even Water, in attempts to try and see the future, they used magic that put them in contact with something that made promises in return for opening the way.
4QFtgPW.png
Someone pointed out that there's a Beastclan rune on the portal, so maybe some Beastclans were able to open it? BotE might of helped with that.
Someone pointed out that there's a Beastclan rune on the portal, so maybe some Beastclans were able to open it? BotE might of helped with that.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Mental image of the Arcane Flight [img]https://i.postimg.cc/wBsPZPCd/BUTTIN.png[/img]
Mental image of the Arcane Flight

BUTTIN.png
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
I'm not sure, but this new venue is giving me major Oblivion vibes and those eyeball familiars look like Hermaeus Mora... I am in love!
I'm not sure, but this new venue is giving me major Oblivion vibes and those eyeball familiars look like Hermaeus Mora... I am in love!
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
1 2 3 4 5 6