Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fae neck length
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="issuldra" date="2013-07-04 15:18:23" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=286265#295369"][quote name="Solar" date="2013-07-04 00:41:39" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=286265#286265"]I'm working on a drawing, and when I was reffing my friend's female Fae I noticed something odd. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VelWW5B.png[/IMG] Why does the female Fae have such a.. long neck? How does her head even bend like that?! D:[/quote] Can I just point out.... ....where the male Fae's tail-tip is in that picture. That bothered me MORE than any neck issue.[/quote] OKAY YUP THAT I CAN'T UNSEE
I'm working on a drawing, and when I was reffing my friend's female Fae I noticed something odd.

VelWW5B.png
Why does the female Fae have such a.. long neck? How does her head even bend like that?! D:

Can I just point out....
....where the male Fae's tail-tip is in that picture.

That bothered me MORE than any neck issue.

OKAY YUP THAT I CAN'T UNSEE
[No longer active, seeking to buy art with treasure and gems though!]
@adalein Ahhh, I see.

Weird seeing a dragon do that though. :'D
@adalein Ahhh, I see.

Weird seeing a dragon do that though. :'D
[quote name="Haiji" date="2013-07-04 15:21:01" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=286265#295422"]I don't think it's so much the neck as it is the angle of the head.[/quote] Yeah, I mean, maybe if the head were a little higher up, it would look less like it was completely detached. You guys are right. Cannot unsee. I'm OCD to a fault, this is going to BUG the heck out of me until I just get used to it.
I don't think it's so much the neck as it is the angle of the head.

Yeah, I mean, maybe if the head were a little higher up, it would look less like it was completely detached.

You guys are right. Cannot unsee. I'm OCD to a fault, this is going to BUG the heck out of me until I just get used to it.
My Lair: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/383 I loves da faes :3
My Pronouns: She/Her
"Be the Change you Wish to See in the World" ~ Mahatma Ghandi
I noticed this ages ago; I'm not sure why it bother's everyone so much. xD Spirals have freakishly long everything and no one complains. Fae's just have long necks. That's just one of their features.

The cowl thing is weird though. Seems like maybe whoever drew the art for it hadn't noticed the neck either. xD
I noticed this ages ago; I'm not sure why it bother's everyone so much. xD Spirals have freakishly long everything and no one complains. Fae's just have long necks. That's just one of their features.

The cowl thing is weird though. Seems like maybe whoever drew the art for it hadn't noticed the neck either. xD
9Crhd6q.png
I agree with @Haiji

Certainly they're both serpentine, but their necks are probably about the same length, the female just has her head at an angle where we can't see it.
I like the snake look on them though :3
I agree with @Haiji

Certainly they're both serpentine, but their necks are probably about the same length, the female just has her head at an angle where we can't see it.
I like the snake look on them though :3
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
what no stop i can't
what no stop i can't
JkOIB83.png
Males and females frequently have drastic differences in the real world.

Peacocks are super colorful, have super long tail feathers, their colors...
Then you got the small, brown peahens.

Then you get this one bird of paradise that can inflate their freaking feathers to look like an umbrella. Also male, and the female is plain and can't do that at all.

So if the female does indeed have a longer neck, that's fine with me.
. 3.
Males and females frequently have drastic differences in the real world.

Peacocks are super colorful, have super long tail feathers, their colors...
Then you got the small, brown peahens.

Then you get this one bird of paradise that can inflate their freaking feathers to look like an umbrella. Also male, and the female is plain and can't do that at all.

So if the female does indeed have a longer neck, that's fine with me.
. 3.
My Redbubble shop
why did I look at this thread ;_;
why did I look at this thread ;_;
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.pngF0xHRgQ.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
@strangeseraph
I'm sorry to have disturbed your OCD, but it disturbs mine too. xD

The general consensus is that Fae's have snake like heads.
I agree with this, I still think the female's head placement in her default breed picture is weird IN COMPARISON to the males!

This was a fun thread, ilu guys <3
@strangeseraph
I&#039;m sorry to have disturbed your OCD, but it disturbs mine too. xD

The general consensus is that Fae&#039;s have snake like heads.
I agree with this, I still think the female&#039;s head placement in her default breed picture is weird IN COMPARISON to the males!

This was a fun thread, ilu guys <3
BMUOo5n.png2Zkxrjl.pngoHEFya3.gif
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT

why would you do this

:(
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT

why would you do this

:(
( she/her )
~ undead trans pirate ~
1 2 3 4 5