Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Gay Dragons??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I don't breed most of my dragons because they're G1s, but with my few G2s+ I just breed them to each other willy-nilly. If there's a specific reason I can't see a dragon breeding (like a trans dragon who I don't think would be comfortable with it in lore) I just don't breed them. I don't really see dragons as monogamous when it comes to breeding -- sure, some have mates, but mine don't usually breed exclusively, even if their relationships are romantically exclusive.
I don't breed most of my dragons because they're G1s, but with my few G2s+ I just breed them to each other willy-nilly. If there's a specific reason I can't see a dragon breeding (like a trans dragon who I don't think would be comfortable with it in lore) I just don't breed them. I don't really see dragons as monogamous when it comes to breeding -- sure, some have mates, but mine don't usually breed exclusively, even if their relationships are romantically exclusive.
iphegenia_romulus.png
iphegenia
any pronouns
22, fr+1
I don't have any queer dragons right now but even if i will breeding is still separate from lore for me.
For example even if i have two dragons what are in fact siblings because they was hatched from same nest it doesn't mean what they will even be related in my own lore
I don't have any queer dragons right now but even if i will breeding is still separate from lore for me.
For example even if i have two dragons what are in fact siblings because they was hatched from same nest it doesn't mean what they will even be related in my own lore
Ab4m6.gifMXGSN.gift77iH.gifRVcwM.gife4m9m.gif
The standard for me is I ignore the Offspring List. It Does Not Exist. Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200, I Did Not Hatch Her I Did Not.
The standard for me is I ignore the Offspring List. It Does Not Exist. Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200, I Did Not Hatch Her I Did Not.
A pixel lantern adopt made by Celeana, #368748. Link to current dragon avatar.
This lair focuses on collecting auraboas and aberrations. Honorable shoutout to ridgebacks and spirals, my first loves.
In my lore, beauty is absolutely vital. Dragons love beauty and making beautiful offspring. And considering that dragon reproduction is entirely magical in nature, there's no reason for them to be weirded out by mating with a dragon of a different gender, even if they're only interested in pair-bonding with dragons of the same gender.

Some gay dragons don't want to breed but there are a few who do. Other dragons who I want to be paired with others of the same gender but still want to breed or who already had offspring lists I just make them bi with a preference for their own gender.

Edit: I just realised I already answered this back in 2020 omg this thread is older than I thought
Oh well I'm not deleting this
In my lore, beauty is absolutely vital. Dragons love beauty and making beautiful offspring. And considering that dragon reproduction is entirely magical in nature, there's no reason for them to be weirded out by mating with a dragon of a different gender, even if they're only interested in pair-bonding with dragons of the same gender.

Some gay dragons don't want to breed but there are a few who do. Other dragons who I want to be paired with others of the same gender but still want to breed or who already had offspring lists I just make them bi with a preference for their own gender.

Edit: I just realised I already answered this back in 2020 omg this thread is older than I thought
Oh well I'm not deleting this
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
Honestly breeding is totally ignored in my lore and clan unless it is the firstborn with their actual claimed mate/ or I say so and make them canon lol, (I like breeding for pretty colors what can say) however I have some dynamics that are confusing… Zhao, Mauve, and Daiyu (if you read daiyu’s lore you’ll know why) But before reading any of my lore I’d go to my clan profile and scroll down xD
Honestly breeding is totally ignored in my lore and clan unless it is the firstborn with their actual claimed mate/ or I say so and make them canon lol, (I like breeding for pretty colors what can say) however I have some dynamics that are confusing… Zhao, Mauve, and Daiyu (if you read daiyu’s lore you’ll know why) But before reading any of my lore I’d go to my clan profile and scroll down xD
unknown.png
My clan leaders, Lapis and Peridot, are afab lesbians [in lore and site biology]. In terms of site mechanics, their children are hatchlings that I got by breeding Lapis with other dragons. How this works in terms of lore is following the idea that dragon eggs are made by combining magic, so it's the dragon equivalent of sperm donation. Peri's magic is also added into the mix, so their hatchlings have aspects of her appearance as well. [not all of Lapis' offspring are canonically she and Peri's adopted kids tho, only the ones that i like the look of lmao]
My clan leaders, Lapis and Peridot, are afab lesbians [in lore and site biology]. In terms of site mechanics, their children are hatchlings that I got by breeding Lapis with other dragons. How this works in terms of lore is following the idea that dragon eggs are made by combining magic, so it's the dragon equivalent of sperm donation. Peri's magic is also added into the mix, so their hatchlings have aspects of her appearance as well. [not all of Lapis' offspring are canonically she and Peri's adopted kids tho, only the ones that i like the look of lmao]
!! signature under construction !!
My dragons are all gay and they only breed as friends for the express purpose of making babies ;P
My dragons are all gay and they only breed as friends for the express purpose of making babies ;P
Breeding isn't "canon" to my lore, so none of my lore dragons have actually had children, whether they have an offspring list or not. I only really care about offspring lists when it's a case of me collecting a certain thing that's not lore-related (eg. I don't breed my G1s, and they don't have any lore or character beyond their themes for the most part).

If I did want to have "canon" children I think I would just use a Silhouette Scroll to give a breeding pair the appearance of being m/m or f/f. But honestly, a lot of the time I don't really pay attention to the dragon's poses when I'm deciding their gender anyway.

The only exception is my star-themed dragons, but they're completely separate from FR lore. They're more like representations of stars that are gods/demigods/eldrich beings/whatever, and their offspring are other "stars" like them, but they're all genderless and sexless.

Actually thinking about how breeding supposedly works in FR (dragons combine their magical energy to create eggs, it's not really procreation as we think of it IIRC?) I wonder how that translates to how they see it culturally? Is it still an intimate thing for them, or is it on the same level as casting any other kind of magic?
Breeding isn't "canon" to my lore, so none of my lore dragons have actually had children, whether they have an offspring list or not. I only really care about offspring lists when it's a case of me collecting a certain thing that's not lore-related (eg. I don't breed my G1s, and they don't have any lore or character beyond their themes for the most part).

If I did want to have "canon" children I think I would just use a Silhouette Scroll to give a breeding pair the appearance of being m/m or f/f. But honestly, a lot of the time I don't really pay attention to the dragon's poses when I'm deciding their gender anyway.

The only exception is my star-themed dragons, but they're completely separate from FR lore. They're more like representations of stars that are gods/demigods/eldrich beings/whatever, and their offspring are other "stars" like them, but they're all genderless and sexless.

Actually thinking about how breeding supposedly works in FR (dragons combine their magical energy to create eggs, it's not really procreation as we think of it IIRC?) I wonder how that translates to how they see it culturally? Is it still an intimate thing for them, or is it on the same level as casting any other kind of magic?
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I simply refuse to breed anyone, it's up to them what they decide to do in their bedrooms irl, I am just here to make them gay. I think only three people in my desert village are parents and one of them is my Mum.
I simply refuse to breed anyone, it's up to them what they decide to do in their bedrooms irl, I am just here to make them gay. I think only three people in my desert village are parents and one of them is my Mum.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
if the hatchling isn't in a lore tab it isn't in my cannon. plus most of my dragons even the straight ones aren't interested in having hatchlings
if the hatchling isn't in a lore tab it isn't in my cannon. plus most of my dragons even the straight ones aren't interested in having hatchlings
sxrFjUf.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9