Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Developer Stream Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 87 88
I really liked that dragon with the long hair!

This is just a personal thought, but I think they look better without wings than with - it lends itself to a spooky, swamp kelpie vibe that I really like! Besides, they’re ancients - who’s to say you can’t? It’s not like they’re bound by apparel restrictions, after all.

(If there is a reason you’d want to add wings to it, though, I understand - it’s not like I’m part of FR staff, after all.)
I really liked that dragon with the long hair!

This is just a personal thought, but I think they look better without wings than with - it lends itself to a spooky, swamp kelpie vibe that I really like! Besides, they’re ancients - who’s to say you can’t? It’s not like they’re bound by apparel restrictions, after all.

(If there is a reason you’d want to add wings to it, though, I understand - it’s not like I’m part of FR staff, after all.)
BcRJQQl.png
I think your cat is saying we need more cat like dragons, and I support them in this.
I think your cat is saying we need more cat like dragons, and I support them in this.
KWXnzZk.png
diaphanous wings...YES
diaphanous wings...YES
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2020-03-18 19:04:06" ] Some feedback on the stream- Would it be possible to have some background music/ambient noise when Undel isn't talking? It doesn't have to be loud, it's just jarring to go from dead silence to "Hello everybody!". I want to say there's public-domain stuff available (for instance, Kevin MacLeod's compositions) if you don't want to worry about licensing. That said, I love seeing the dragon sketches! Seconding those above me who say that Ancients maybe don't need to fly, but... the swamp dragon thing is super rad. I'd totally have a bunch in my lair (eventually). One thing I don't think I saw considered is flying-squirrel type gliding membrane wings, which could also look cool (though I'm not sure how it'd work on a semi-aquatic dragon?) and fit how Ancients can't wear apparel? [/quote] Yes please? The dead silence is kinda awkward.
Renaiwom wrote on 2020-03-18 19:04:06:
Some feedback on the stream-
Would it be possible to have some background music/ambient noise when Undel isn't talking? It doesn't have to be loud, it's just jarring to go from dead silence to "Hello everybody!". I want to say there's public-domain stuff available (for instance, Kevin MacLeod's compositions) if you don't want to worry about licensing.

That said, I love seeing the dragon sketches! Seconding those above me who say that Ancients maybe don't need to fly, but... the swamp dragon thing is super rad. I'd totally have a bunch in my lair (eventually). One thing I don't think I saw considered is flying-squirrel type gliding membrane wings, which could also look cool (though I'm not sure how it'd work on a semi-aquatic dragon?) and fit how Ancients can't wear apparel?
Yes please? The dead silence is kinda awkward.
lucifer.gif
Div.gifDiv.gif
FObX7rS.pngfDSaoY3.pngDmyubyt.png
Div.gifDiv.gif
[i][/i][quote name="Arkanjel" date="2020-03-18 18:24:55" ] [quote name="Kiryuuin" date="2020-03-18 18:22:57" ] [quote name="Arkanjel" date="2020-03-18 18:19:48" ] @/Dragonwyspr This is Frogfeet Mcstubbins [img]https://i.gyazo.com/072354e6053294295642c676a0deefb1.png[/img] It's absolutely adorable <3 [/quote] BABY [/quote] ikr, I would hoard these guys so fast [/quote] I don't care what anyone says, we need this. If not now, then one day. Come on, [b][i]winged horny toads[/i][/b]
Arkanjel wrote on 2020-03-18 18:24:55:
Kiryuuin wrote on 2020-03-18 18:22:57:
Arkanjel wrote on 2020-03-18 18:19:48:
@/Dragonwyspr
This is Frogfeet Mcstubbins
072354e6053294295642c676a0deefb1.png

It's absolutely adorable <3

BABY
ikr, I would hoard these guys so fast
I don't care what anyone says, we need this. If not now, then one day. Come on, winged horny toads
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Love the bug wings!
Tertiary concept: long, feathery moth antennae
Love the bug wings!
Tertiary concept: long, feathery moth antennae
7hN3sEu.png
Could be gayer.
Could be gayer.
I have many bad hot take. And that is on you.
[quote name="CryptidUni" date="2020-03-18 19:20:02" ] [quote name="Renaiwom" date="2020-03-18 19:04:06" ] Some feedback on the stream- Would it be possible to have some background music/ambient noise when Undel isn't talking? It doesn't have to be loud, it's just jarring to go from dead silence to "Hello everybody!". I want to say there's public-domain stuff available (for instance, Kevin MacLeod's compositions) if you don't want to worry about licensing. That said, I love seeing the dragon sketches! Seconding those above me who say that Ancients maybe don't need to fly, but... the swamp dragon thing is super rad. I'd totally have a bunch in my lair (eventually). One thing I don't think I saw considered is flying-squirrel type gliding membrane wings, which could also look cool (though I'm not sure how it'd work on a semi-aquatic dragon?) and fit how Ancients can't wear apparel? [/quote] Yes please? The dead silence is kinda awkward. [/quote] Yeah, I agree with this, just something chill and quiet for background noise would be nice :)
CryptidUni wrote on 2020-03-18 19:20:02:
Renaiwom wrote on 2020-03-18 19:04:06:
Some feedback on the stream-
Would it be possible to have some background music/ambient noise when Undel isn't talking? It doesn't have to be loud, it's just jarring to go from dead silence to "Hello everybody!". I want to say there's public-domain stuff available (for instance, Kevin MacLeod's compositions) if you don't want to worry about licensing.

That said, I love seeing the dragon sketches! Seconding those above me who say that Ancients maybe don't need to fly, but... the swamp dragon thing is super rad. I'd totally have a bunch in my lair (eventually). One thing I don't think I saw considered is flying-squirrel type gliding membrane wings, which could also look cool (though I'm not sure how it'd work on a semi-aquatic dragon?) and fit how Ancients can't wear apparel?
Yes please? The dead silence is kinda awkward.
Yeah, I agree with this, just something chill and quiet for background noise would be nice :)
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
Just a suggestion, the horns seem to blocky for that dragon. Maybe making the horns more elegant or making bug like antenna?

Thank you for the stream!
Just a suggestion, the horns seem to blocky for that dragon. Maybe making the horns more elegant or making bug like antenna?

Thank you for the stream!
nc2b4dJ.gif
My favourite design on the stream was this guy, at the very end: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Z69FgoL.jpg[/img] I'd really love to see some future designs that really break the mold and get out of the box. This guy has extra arms as wings and they are folded to the ground. That's great... but its kinda like a more serious Wildclaw or a Banescale that landed but has two more arms. I'm thinking of that old design of a seahorse dragon that people loved back in the day. Ancient breeds were brought in to speed up development on breed releases by removing the apparel aspect. This means they can break the mold, which you've done with the tertiary genes. I'd love to see that taken a step further by making dragons that aren't four legs and wings with spikes or manes... let see some based on ocean fish/mammals or hummingbirds or insects or the vast array of known dinosaurs. Dragons with fins instead of feet, or hooves or just wings and no legs at all, (omg they can't land what?!) Really new, super creative, outside the square ideas! EDIT: I just saw the second stream. I love the Kelpie look for a swampy shadow dragon! I enjoyed seeing the butterfly wings coming into play there as well. I'm not sure they totally worked though... maybe for a more Fae-like dragon, though the drawings at the end (with more Dragonfly wings) where it was really long and hovering made it look really small, and it worked better. There could be dragons with no wings... and a creative addition instead for secondary gene and colour placement as well... fins could work well to carry secondary genes/colours!
My favourite design on the stream was this guy, at the very end:
Z69FgoL.jpg

I'd really love to see some future designs that really break the mold and get out of the box. This guy has extra arms as wings and they are folded to the ground. That's great... but its kinda like a more serious Wildclaw or a Banescale that landed but has two more arms.

I'm thinking of that old design of a seahorse dragon that people loved back in the day.

Ancient breeds were brought in to speed up development on breed releases by removing the apparel aspect. This means they can break the mold, which you've done with the tertiary genes.

I'd love to see that taken a step further by making dragons that aren't four legs and wings with spikes or manes... let see some based on ocean fish/mammals or hummingbirds or insects or the vast array of known dinosaurs. Dragons with fins instead of feet, or hooves or just wings and no legs at all, (omg they can't land what?!) Really new, super creative, outside the square ideas!

EDIT: I just saw the second stream. I love the Kelpie look for a swampy shadow dragon! I enjoyed seeing the butterfly wings coming into play there as well. I'm not sure they totally worked though... maybe for a more Fae-like dragon, though the drawings at the end (with more Dragonfly wings) where it was really long and hovering made it look really small, and it worked better. There could be dragons with no wings... and a creative addition instead for secondary gene and colour placement as well... fins could work well to carry secondary genes/colours!
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 87 88