Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coli grinding podcasts?
1 2 3
i listen to And That's Why We Drink, mainly, which is a supernatural and true crime podcast hosted by two very adorable ladies. think Buzzfeed Unsolved, except two girls, the supernatural and true crime are in one episode instead of separated into seasons, and it's a podcast.

so basically the opposite of Buzzfeed Unsolved
i listen to And That's Why We Drink, mainly, which is a supernatural and true crime podcast hosted by two very adorable ladies. think Buzzfeed Unsolved, except two girls, the supernatural and true crime are in one episode instead of separated into seasons, and it's a podcast.

so basically the opposite of Buzzfeed Unsolved
I wonder whether Plague flight people are more likely to enjoy true crime... If I had more time, it might be really fun to do a genre-by-flight pie chart!
I wonder whether Plague flight people are more likely to enjoy true crime... If I had more time, it might be really fun to do a genre-by-flight pie chart!
Marsh, they/them
@FoxgloveFire
MBMBAM and Welcome to Night Vale are what I'm listening to recently but thanks for this thread bc I'm picking up on some that I should try!
MBMBAM and Welcome to Night Vale are what I'm listening to recently but thanks for this thread bc I'm picking up on some that I should try!
t.v. | she/her | fr+0 | pings very welcome!
i'm currently listening to King Falls AM! it's really good, i've been binging... i've been big into audio dramas this year - Night Vale, Magnus Archives, Penumbra/Second Citadel, and Wolf 359 are the ones i've listened to so far and i'm planning on starting a bunch of the ones Artorias mentioned at the top of the second page of this thread
i'm currently listening to King Falls AM! it's really good, i've been binging... i've been big into audio dramas this year - Night Vale, Magnus Archives, Penumbra/Second Citadel, and Wolf 359 are the ones i've listened to so far and i'm planning on starting a bunch of the ones Artorias mentioned at the top of the second page of this thread
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
I really enjoy Hardcore History. If you want 3-4 hours of extensively researched historical events, you'll enjoy HH. The only drawback is that it updates only like twice a year and a lot of the older episodes are available through purchase only. Still the current free episodes are great and will keep you busy for those times when your flight is pushing.

I'm currently listening through Writing Excuses atm. I've been hoping to get back into writing for the past year or two, so I've been trying to soak up as much information about, well, writing and storycraft. WE is great because most of their episodes are 15-20min long, so they're ideal for short sessions in the Coli.

The first few seasons are a bit rough (still great information though), so personally I'd recommend starting at the later seasons, or just using the search function to bring up a topic you're interested in. Season 10 is when the "master class" style podcasts begin, where the WE team starts structuring their podcasts as a year-long writing class based on specific topics. S10 was literally "how to write a book" so basically NaNoWriMo but stretched out over a year lol. S11 was about genres, S12 about story structure, S13 was character, and S14 was worldbuilding.

(Of course, starting at the later seasons does mean you sort of miss out on the continuity aspect of WE in relation to its main hosts. Dan Wells in particular was just starting to get published when the podcast began, and in many ways the podcast acts like record of his growing career as an author. That progress is really interesting and cool to see, or listen to I guess lol.)
I really enjoy Hardcore History. If you want 3-4 hours of extensively researched historical events, you'll enjoy HH. The only drawback is that it updates only like twice a year and a lot of the older episodes are available through purchase only. Still the current free episodes are great and will keep you busy for those times when your flight is pushing.

I'm currently listening through Writing Excuses atm. I've been hoping to get back into writing for the past year or two, so I've been trying to soak up as much information about, well, writing and storycraft. WE is great because most of their episodes are 15-20min long, so they're ideal for short sessions in the Coli.

The first few seasons are a bit rough (still great information though), so personally I'd recommend starting at the later seasons, or just using the search function to bring up a topic you're interested in. Season 10 is when the "master class" style podcasts begin, where the WE team starts structuring their podcasts as a year-long writing class based on specific topics. S10 was literally "how to write a book" so basically NaNoWriMo but stretched out over a year lol. S11 was about genres, S12 about story structure, S13 was character, and S14 was worldbuilding.

(Of course, starting at the later seasons does mean you sort of miss out on the continuity aspect of WE in relation to its main hosts. Dan Wells in particular was just starting to get published when the podcast began, and in many ways the podcast acts like record of his growing career as an author. That progress is really interesting and cool to see, or listen to I guess lol.)
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
SuperMegaCast and that’s it lmao
SuperMegaCast and that’s it lmao
Untitled_Artwork.png
1 2 3