Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you prefer to buy Unnamed or Named?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
If I buy a named dragon it's because I like the name they already have, if I don't I'll just get a scroll of renaming and change it but that's less likely. I mostly name them myself. I like both.
If I buy a named dragon it's because I like the name they already have, if I don't I'll just get a scroll of renaming and change it but that's less likely. I mostly name them myself. I like both.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
I prefer unnamed, I like to name my permas, but sometimes it’ll take me a long time to come up with a name and it gets annoying when I see the other name already there
I prefer unnamed, I like to name my permas, but sometimes it’ll take me a long time to come up with a name and it gets annoying when I see the other name already there
PJEKw3i.pngOgf6rFV.pngLpWn6Hu.png
If I'm looking for a breeder for something, then I couldn't care less whether or not it's named. Although if it doesn't have a name I'll give it one. If I'm looking for a project dragon, I prefer unnamed so I don't have to spend extra to change it. But if it has the right colors, I don't mind buying a renaming scroll.
If I'm looking for a breeder for something, then I couldn't care less whether or not it's named. Although if it doesn't have a name I'll give it one. If I'm looking for a project dragon, I prefer unnamed so I don't have to spend extra to change it. But if it has the right colors, I don't mind buying a renaming scroll.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[color=#800040]I don't really care. If I don't like the name I can always change it, after all. Often I'll even stick with the name, unless I really think that it doesn't fit. Spares me the ffort to come up with a name on my own [emoji=ridgeback tongue size=1] [/color]
I don't really care. If I don't like the name I can always change it, after all. Often I'll even stick with the name, unless I really think that it doesn't fit. Spares me the ffort to come up with a name on my own
iIrk1Wj.png
Named, but one of the better random names. Convenient for fodder, but also gives me somewhere to start from if I'm naming a perma.

Examples of names I've kept: Damascena, Benella, Maple, Ryan, Urthadar, Meijin, Selma, Hillside.

It just takes a few extra seconds to hit the generator a few extra times for a half-decent name.
Named, but one of the better random names. Convenient for fodder, but also gives me somewhere to start from if I'm naming a perma.

Examples of names I've kept: Damascena, Benella, Maple, Ryan, Urthadar, Meijin, Selma, Hillside.

It just takes a few extra seconds to hit the generator a few extra times for a half-decent name.
vSxK3u9.png
If I'm buying fodder: Named

If I'm searching for a new perma: Unnamed
If I'm buying fodder: Named

If I'm searching for a new perma: Unnamed
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
Named during Water dom battles, otherwise named fodder is a little more convenient, but I don't care either way. If I find a dragon I want to keep, I'll get a scroll for it if it's named.
Named during Water dom battles, otherwise named fodder is a little more convenient, but I don't care either way. If I find a dragon I want to keep, I'll get a scroll for it if it's named.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
I don't pay attention to the name at all when buying. Although afterwards it's sometimes nice to have a named dragon, so I don't have to spend time thinking about what to name it myself :P
I don't pay attention to the name at all when buying. Although afterwards it's sometimes nice to have a named dragon, so I don't have to spend time thinking about what to name it myself :P
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
For dragons I'd like to keep, it doesn't matter. I've kept the names of a few, I've renamed others, and I've given ones myself. It's all just a small 6kt away.

For fodder, though, I have a strong preference to named ones, since it saves time.
For dragons I'd like to keep, it doesn't matter. I've kept the names of a few, I've renamed others, and I've given ones myself. It's all just a small 6kt away.

For fodder, though, I have a strong preference to named ones, since it saves time.
Here's the most recent and comprehensive poll I could find, v good info!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2311997/1

On a personal note, I mostly buy fodder and project dergs, so names don't mean much to me. I will, however, refuse to keep and try really hard not to buy a dragon with a purposefully (if subjectively) terrible name, or one with unnamed parents. And really, only the latter is unfixable.
Here's the most recent and comprehensive poll I could find, v good info!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2311997/1

On a personal note, I mostly buy fodder and project dergs, so names don't mean much to me. I will, however, refuse to keep and try really hard not to buy a dragon with a purposefully (if subjectively) terrible name, or one with unnamed parents. And really, only the latter is unfixable.
9o5YF7O.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9