Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What does your clan do to celebrate?
1 2 3
All these lore questions posts have me intrigued.

My clan throws masquerades during each festival where they don previous festival skins. At NotN they build floats made of lights and have a river-light parade to celebrate mimics going back into hiding for another year. During the FR anniversary (which lorewise is new years in my headcanon) the clan releases hundreds of flying lanterns into the sky.

There are other holidays they celebrate and also sometimes they throw parties just because.

What do your dragons do?
All these lore questions posts have me intrigued.

My clan throws masquerades during each festival where they don previous festival skins. At NotN they build floats made of lights and have a river-light parade to celebrate mimics going back into hiding for another year. During the FR anniversary (which lorewise is new years in my headcanon) the clan releases hundreds of flying lanterns into the sky.

There are other holidays they celebrate and also sometimes they throw parties just because.

What do your dragons do?
XriSV9h.gif
normally they just have a fire
they haven't since they moved to Wind and are excited to resume the celebration
basically they start the fire, then after an hour they send the hatchlings to bed and celebrate with just the adults
needless to say, the hatchlings love the first hour and hate the rest. growing up and staying all night at your first fire is a BIG deal
normally they just have a fire
they haven't since they moved to Wind and are excited to resume the celebration
basically they start the fire, then after an hour they send the hatchlings to bed and celebrate with just the adults
needless to say, the hatchlings love the first hour and hate the rest. growing up and staying all night at your first fire is a BIG deal
+2 FR time
he/they
Party!! Each one is themed based on each festival, and everyone works together to plan everything. We love to invite other clans and just celebrate, spend a great time together and celebrate the diversity between all the dragons form all the elements :)

In fact, our clan also celebrates everyone's birthdays. They're usually great parties where everyone is celebrating the individual in question, and the dragon gets to wear a birthday crown made of seashells, flowers and other neato things thanks to the power of magic all day :D

Overall, the clan throws parties whenever we have a neat occasion. Sometimes its more casual dancing n board games parties (more like giant clan hangouts) but can be epic dress up banquet + all the extravagances type celebrations. In any case, everyone loves the excuse to just have fun together like a great big family ;)
Party!! Each one is themed based on each festival, and everyone works together to plan everything. We love to invite other clans and just celebrate, spend a great time together and celebrate the diversity between all the dragons form all the elements :)

In fact, our clan also celebrates everyone's birthdays. They're usually great parties where everyone is celebrating the individual in question, and the dragon gets to wear a birthday crown made of seashells, flowers and other neato things thanks to the power of magic all day :D

Overall, the clan throws parties whenever we have a neat occasion. Sometimes its more casual dancing n board games parties (more like giant clan hangouts) but can be epic dress up banquet + all the extravagances type celebrations. In any case, everyone loves the excuse to just have fun together like a great big family ;)
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
A festival of lights, dancing, music, food, and overall good feelings. A marketplace selling holiday goodies is set up, stalls decorated with lanterns and fabrics colored for whatever holiday it is. Dragons sometimes stay up all night celebrating.

I'd imagine the more somber holidays would have a lot more ceremony to them. No marketplace and festival, but ritual singing and clothes instead.

I haven't really thought about this, so now I have to flesh it out. Thanks for the question!
A festival of lights, dancing, music, food, and overall good feelings. A marketplace selling holiday goodies is set up, stalls decorated with lanterns and fabrics colored for whatever holiday it is. Dragons sometimes stay up all night celebrating.

I'd imagine the more somber holidays would have a lot more ceremony to them. No marketplace and festival, but ritual singing and clothes instead.

I haven't really thought about this, so now I have to flesh it out. Thanks for the question!
Aspen/Hoku || 27 || +3 FRT || they/he
HdmxfuE.pngACOZFAh.png9hqcHsy.pngmtHAEL4.pngFvSLVNv.png6Dq3jOp.pngWn6vGC1.pngQYpIXaH.png6Cw2S3h.pngtqGkHih.pngbYt72YT.png6YousWl.pngyvMj9jM.pngyZFrBUC.pngQQYyU47.pngjbMLSIO.pngYJYmFy0.pngu7OYglJ.png
They more or less ignore festivals
The introverts get overwhelmed and the extroverts don't like parties
They more or less ignore festivals
The introverts get overwhelmed and the extroverts don't like parties
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
oh? nice festivities and joy? how about occult gatherings to worship the GateKeeper? (aka Naomi)
basically it's just illuminating the pitch-black grove my kids live in with a giant blue/green bonfire and praying for luck and guidance
then the rest of the clan who aren't involved with the Black Grove kinda sit out with their own fun or visit other clans
oh? nice festivities and joy? how about occult gatherings to worship the GateKeeper? (aka Naomi)
basically it's just illuminating the pitch-black grove my kids live in with a giant blue/green bonfire and praying for luck and guidance
then the rest of the clan who aren't involved with the Black Grove kinda sit out with their own fun or visit other clans
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
my clan is... kinda salty lol. There are many dragons who were born in other flights and ended up in plague for one reason or another (I buy a lot of dragons on the ah shh) and those individuals might get together and have a small celebration in honor of their birth-flight. There is no official clan-wide celebration of other flight's holidays, however. Despite having many members from other clans, the matriarch's official stance is that no other clan can be trusted, allied with, or traded with. I know it's hypocritical. It's a character flaw. She's an... interesting leader. Mostly, the big celebrations are victories in battle/Plague dominance.

That doesn't stop me from hoarding holiday items that I'll never use tho
my clan is... kinda salty lol. There are many dragons who were born in other flights and ended up in plague for one reason or another (I buy a lot of dragons on the ah shh) and those individuals might get together and have a small celebration in honor of their birth-flight. There is no official clan-wide celebration of other flight's holidays, however. Despite having many members from other clans, the matriarch's official stance is that no other clan can be trusted, allied with, or traded with. I know it's hypocritical. It's a character flaw. She's an... interesting leader. Mostly, the big celebrations are victories in battle/Plague dominance.

That doesn't stop me from hoarding holiday items that I'll never use tho
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
me: YOOO IT'S THE CRYSTALLINE GALA WE HAVE TO PARTYYY!
every dragon: lol nope
me: YOOO IT'S THE CRYSTALLINE GALA WE HAVE TO PARTYYY!
every dragon: lol nope
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
They have a large feast in the dining hall where everything is themed for that Flight/Celebration. Typically everyone dons the colors and clothes of the flight that's being celebrated and have foods themed around them, and occasionally invite allied clans from that flight over, or join them in their party.
They have a large feast in the dining hall where everything is themed for that Flight/Celebration. Typically everyone dons the colors and clothes of the flight that's being celebrated and have foods themed around them, and occasionally invite allied clans from that flight over, or join them in their party.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I haven't thought about my clan's lore in a while, since I'm still working on figuring out major logistic things (like who's even in my clan lol), but I like to imagine that they hold big feasts for each holiday. These parties would be mostly clan-exclusive.

My clan celebrates its elemental diversity, and encourages members of outside flights to share their cultural foods, songs, and traditions when their flight's festival comes around. Since Arcane is the clan's home flight and current place of residence, its festival is by far the largest party.

Flight holidays are also typically when apprentices of the Council of Eleven (flight reps) are chosen. It's an important ceremony that takes place at the end of the week. Very rarely, a new representative may be elected during their flight's festival as well.

NotN is a bit of an odd scenario, since I don't think my clan would like to celebrate the deception and trickery that comes with mimics. Perhaps they celebrate at the end of the two-week period, welcoming in new Nocturne hatchlings, expressing appreciation for the older Nocturne residents, and celebrating the return of mimics into hiding.

Other holidays, such as the clan's founding day, are celebrated in similar manners but maintain a focus on clan-formed culture and traditions rather than flight-based.

Idk, this is all subject to change but this is where I'm currently at.
I haven't thought about my clan's lore in a while, since I'm still working on figuring out major logistic things (like who's even in my clan lol), but I like to imagine that they hold big feasts for each holiday. These parties would be mostly clan-exclusive.

My clan celebrates its elemental diversity, and encourages members of outside flights to share their cultural foods, songs, and traditions when their flight's festival comes around. Since Arcane is the clan's home flight and current place of residence, its festival is by far the largest party.

Flight holidays are also typically when apprentices of the Council of Eleven (flight reps) are chosen. It's an important ceremony that takes place at the end of the week. Very rarely, a new representative may be elected during their flight's festival as well.

NotN is a bit of an odd scenario, since I don't think my clan would like to celebrate the deception and trickery that comes with mimics. Perhaps they celebrate at the end of the two-week period, welcoming in new Nocturne hatchlings, expressing appreciation for the older Nocturne residents, and celebrating the return of mimics into hiding.

Other holidays, such as the clan's founding day, are celebrated in similar manners but maintain a focus on clan-formed culture and traditions rather than flight-based.

Idk, this is all subject to change but this is where I'm currently at.
3 hours ahead of FR time
1 2 3