Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the egg dilemma
1 2
...no, not that one.

I have eggs in hoard. Enough eggs to net me a flight change, or close to it, IF I sell them now.

I don't want to change flight till February (my FR anniversary), or until Tidelord returns (whichever is first... at this rate it'll be my anniversary for sure).

I am quite good at forgetting about eggs in my vault, but TERRIBLE at saving gems - even if they are vaulted. If I sell my eggs now I will very likely make a bad late-night decision and blow all the gems on scatterscrolls for my Water Primal (who keeps going green and orange) and then I won't have enough to switch.

BUT if I wait, the value of the eggs will drop after NoTN and when I sell them I won't have enough for a flight change any more.

I guess what I'm asking is: how do you exercise self-control over pretend money when you know the currency isn't real and there are no IRL consequences for spending it???
...no, not that one.

I have eggs in hoard. Enough eggs to net me a flight change, or close to it, IF I sell them now.

I don't want to change flight till February (my FR anniversary), or until Tidelord returns (whichever is first... at this rate it'll be my anniversary for sure).

I am quite good at forgetting about eggs in my vault, but TERRIBLE at saving gems - even if they are vaulted. If I sell my eggs now I will very likely make a bad late-night decision and blow all the gems on scatterscrolls for my Water Primal (who keeps going green and orange) and then I won't have enough to switch.

BUT if I wait, the value of the eggs will drop after NoTN and when I sell them I won't have enough for a flight change any more.

I guess what I'm asking is: how do you exercise self-control over pretend money when you know the currency isn't real and there are no IRL consequences for spending it???
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
[quote name="talyra" date="2019-12-02 09:48:20" ] I guess what I'm asking is: how do you exercise self-control over pretend money when you know the currency isn't real and there are no IRL consequences for spending it??? [/quote] You don't. But seriously, you should probably just sell the eggs at whatever pace you think is good. Maybe one or two a month, and use the money to scatter, then when your anniversary rolls around, sell the rest.
talyra wrote on 2019-12-02 09:48:20:
You don't.
But seriously, you should probably just sell the eggs at whatever pace you think is good. Maybe one or two a month, and use the money to scatter, then when your anniversary rolls around, sell the rest.
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

Buy a water primal with better colors for less than you're likely to spend on scatter scrolls?
Buy a water primal with better colors for less than you're likely to spend on scatter scrolls?
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Sell them and buy something else that won't go down in value after NotN but you won't want to keep, so you can sell that?
Sell them and buy something else that won't go down in value after NotN but you won't want to keep, so you can sell that?
tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png
How are you at staying out of your vault? I chuck all my gems in there and since I don't look at it often I don't spend them.
How are you at staying out of your vault? I chuck all my gems in there and since I don't look at it often I don't spend them.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.giff4c9992b-47ff-11e7-8b02-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif000653c0-4800-11e7-b454-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
Sell the eggs and buy something like gem genes that won't change price until you're ready to switch flights.
Sell the eggs and buy something like gem genes that won't change price until you're ready to switch flights.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@SwankiestGarbage I guess after NoTN I should have a few more eggs, which might make up the deficit? My problem is I'm not a "big" money earner, so anything expensive like a flight change has to be saved up for in advance. It will take quite a while to save up that many gems again if I sell bit by bit. @LordJeanliness But then it wouldn't be the dragon I hatched myself and the child of two of my beloved permas, would it? You are clearly a sensible, unsentimental person. I am not. [emoji=spiral laughing size=2]
@SwankiestGarbage I guess after NoTN I should have a few more eggs, which might make up the deficit? My problem is I'm not a "big" money earner, so anything expensive like a flight change has to be saved up for in advance. It will take quite a while to save up that many gems again if I sell bit by bit.

@LordJeanliness But then it wouldn't be the dragon I hatched myself and the child of two of my beloved permas, would it? You are clearly a sensible, unsentimental person. I am not.
If you can't figure it out on your own, just flip a coin. That's what I do.

Heads for selling the eggs and using your gems up.
Tails for saving them for a later date.

You gotta ask yourself, which one is better:
Scatterscrolling or changing flights?

If you still can't figure it out, flip another coin.

Heads for scatterscrolling.
Tails for changing flights.

If you can't figure it out on your own, just flip a coin. That's what I do.

Heads for selling the eggs and using your gems up.
Tails for saving them for a later date.

You gotta ask yourself, which one is better:
Scatterscrolling or changing flights?

If you still can't figure it out, flip another coin.

Heads for scatterscrolling.
Tails for changing flights.

18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I second the suggestion of swapping the eggs out for something that won't devalue and will still sell easily, like retired festival apparel. You can even use the apparel in the meantime!
I second the suggestion of swapping the eggs out for something that won't devalue and will still sell easily, like retired festival apparel. You can even use the apparel in the meantime!
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
@azureiris @Lonin @Kavryn You clever people, you. These are very sensible suggestions. Thank you. I think I'll go for the "buy something more stable" option.

@Zavyt Scatterscrolling is better right now because instant results (I was gonna say "instant gratification" but not quite). Changing flights is better in the future because it's a big scary change, but it needs some forward planning if it's to be achieved!

@Halsha The trouble is I have to look at my vault every time I put gems in there. My normal saving method is to deposit every round 50g, but once it gets to that magic 350g it's difficult not to just get it all out and try scattering again...
@azureiris @Lonin @Kavryn You clever people, you. These are very sensible suggestions. Thank you. I think I'll go for the "buy something more stable" option.

@Zavyt Scatterscrolling is better right now because instant results (I was gonna say "instant gratification" but not quite). Changing flights is better in the future because it's a big scary change, but it needs some forward planning if it's to be achieved!

@Halsha The trouble is I have to look at my vault every time I put gems in there. My normal saving method is to deposit every round 50g, but once it gets to that magic 350g it's difficult not to just get it all out and try scattering again...
1 2