Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the egg dilemma
1 2
@talyra [quote=talyra]The trouble is I have to look at my vault every time I put gems in there. My normal saving method is to deposit every round 50g, but once it gets to that magic 350g it's difficult not to just get it all out and try scattering again... [/quote] My suggestion is: don't deposit in increments of 50. If you see that you have exactly 350 gems, you're more inclined to buy the scatterscroll cause you're subliminally telling yourself that since you have that exact number of gems, then [i]technically[/i], it's just a scatterscroll. In other words, when you hit 350, your brain tells you that "Hey! The gems are basically already a scatterscroll right now" To beat this, I would suggest depositing in non-equivalent increments. 75 or 100 instead of 50, for example. Depositing this way makes it so that you never see the "magic 350", discouraging you from taking anything out. [sub]Disclaimer: I am no professional, this is just how I bit my habits
@talyra
talyra wrote:
The trouble is I have to look at my vault every time I put gems in there. My normal saving method is to deposit every round 50g, but once it gets to that magic 350g it's difficult not to just get it all out and try scattering again...

My suggestion is: don't deposit in increments of 50. If you see that you have exactly 350 gems, you're more inclined to buy the scatterscroll cause you're subliminally telling yourself that since you have that exact number of gems, then technically, it's just a scatterscroll. In other words, when you hit 350, your brain tells you that "Hey! The gems are basically already a scatterscroll right now"

To beat this, I would suggest depositing in non-equivalent increments. 75 or 100 instead of 50, for example. Depositing this way makes it so that you never see the "magic 350", discouraging you from taking anything out.

Disclaimer: I am no professional, this is just how I bit my habits
@Vibe Ooh, psychology. Good thought. The problem is that then I start doing maths. "Is that two Scatterscrolls yet?" Whereas if I invest in some apparel, I will forget about that like I forgot about the eggs. I may even forget it's there when it comes to getting ready to change flights...

On that note: Luminous halos are HOW MUCH now??!!??
@Vibe Ooh, psychology. Good thought. The problem is that then I start doing maths. "Is that two Scatterscrolls yet?" Whereas if I invest in some apparel, I will forget about that like I forgot about the eggs. I may even forget it's there when it comes to getting ready to change flights...

On that note: Luminous halos are HOW MUCH now??!!??
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
@Zavyt You're one of those people that yells "HATCH!" on every "hatch or sell" thread, aren't you? [emoji=spiral winking size=2] [emoji=fae laughing size=2]
@Zavyt You're one of those people that yells "HATCH!" on every "hatch or sell" thread, aren't you?
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
[quote name="talyra" date="2019-12-02 11:48:06" ] Scatterscrolling is better right now because instant results (I was gonna say "instant gratification" but not quite). Changing flights is better in the future because it's a big scary change, but it needs some forward planning if it's to be achieved! [/quote] I don't know what to tell you, man. If your heart is set on scatterscrolling, then you should do it, if you really want to. I'm not one to tell you what to do, it's against the rules. [quote name="talyra" date="2019-12-02 12:15:42" ] Zavyt You're one of those people that yells "HATCH!" on every "hatch or sell" thread, aren't you? [emoji=spiral winking size=2] [emoji=fae laughing size=2] [/quote] Sometimes yes, sometimes not. If it's the person's first time hatching, then yes, hatch it. Otherwise, if they've already had a few hatchlings, then no. Sell it for the money, my dude.
talyra wrote on 2019-12-02 11:48:06:
Scatterscrolling is better right now because instant results (I was gonna say "instant gratification" but not quite). Changing flights is better in the future because it's a big scary change, but it needs some forward planning if it's to be achieved!
I don't know what to tell you, man.

If your heart is set on scatterscrolling, then you should do it, if you really want to. I'm not one to tell you what to do, it's against the rules.
talyra wrote on 2019-12-02 12:15:42:
Zavyt You're one of those people that yells "HATCH!" on every "hatch or sell" thread, aren't you?

Sometimes yes, sometimes not. If it's the person's first time hatching, then yes, hatch it. Otherwise, if they've already had a few hatchlings, then no. Sell it for the money, my dude.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
@talyra

Admittedly, I used to a big spender. I never had more than 100 gems and 300k treasure. I was very impulsive and bought things on a whim. But then I started to prioritize. I realized that I had many dragons and items that I didn't really use, but also had no point to my money. I had no goal, nothing to save for. But now, I'm trying to save up to buy an item, and I've been able to collect over 20k gems in a few months, and make upwards of 100kt per day. But I haven't spent a single cent of it. Because I have that goal that I'm aiming towards. The best advice I can give you is: prioritize. It may sound like a squirrely answer, but that's all there is to it. Is scattering that dragon (who has a 80% likelihood to end up with colors that you don't like) now worth not having the possibility to change flights later? The answer may be yes, or no. But it's your answer. You have to decide what you want to do, and you have to keep yourself accountable. :)
@talyra

Admittedly, I used to a big spender. I never had more than 100 gems and 300k treasure. I was very impulsive and bought things on a whim. But then I started to prioritize. I realized that I had many dragons and items that I didn't really use, but also had no point to my money. I had no goal, nothing to save for. But now, I'm trying to save up to buy an item, and I've been able to collect over 20k gems in a few months, and make upwards of 100kt per day. But I haven't spent a single cent of it. Because I have that goal that I'm aiming towards. The best advice I can give you is: prioritize. It may sound like a squirrely answer, but that's all there is to it. Is scattering that dragon (who has a 80% likelihood to end up with colors that you don't like) now worth not having the possibility to change flights later? The answer may be yes, or no. But it's your answer. You have to decide what you want to do, and you have to keep yourself accountable. :)
1 2