Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593
EDIT: @Kaepora @Mutron @Akiri, happy Starfall! Are you aware of the problem and working on it? I ask because I don't see anything on the Dev tracker, Twitter, or Tumblr. Thanks for reading; I know you're very busy and appreciate it. No, Edge is vulnerable, too. The site keeps trying to run some script that Edge keeps blocking. The numbers went up at the rate of...I'd say a hundred exceptions in a minute? And when I turned on my Mini's ad blocker, it would block, say, 7 ads upon loading, then jump to 14, then 15, 17, 35...ads rising. That's with the "Acceptable Ads" setting on, which allows some ads through. [quote name="nuttysaladtree originally" date="2019-09-25 20:15:50" ] Got the McAfee ads on the upper right on Windows 10 and Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit). Got redirected but didn't manage to nab the URLs. Noticed that I didn't recall any problems on Opera Mini Version 44.1.2254.143214 on a Samsung S4 (running LineageOS [please feel free to email/PM me for the version] and Android 7.1.2). So far, not a single McAfee ad has appeared on Microsoft Edge 44.18362.329.0 on my Windows 10, not even on the sidebars where they're allowed to be. I'm also wondering if this has anything to do with the CDNs? But I don't have enough skills to test that. [/quote]
EDIT: @Kaepora @Mutron @Akiri, happy Starfall! Are you aware of the problem and working on it? I ask because I don't see anything on the Dev tracker, Twitter, or Tumblr. Thanks for reading; I know you're very busy and appreciate it.

No, Edge is vulnerable, too. The site keeps trying to run some script that Edge keeps blocking. The numbers went up at the rate of...I'd say a hundred exceptions in a minute?

And when I turned on my Mini's ad blocker, it would block, say, 7 ads upon loading, then jump to 14, then 15, 17, 35...ads rising. That's with the "Acceptable Ads" setting on, which allows some ads through.
nuttysaladtree originally wrote on 2019-09-25 20:15:50:
Got the McAfee ads on the upper right on Windows 10 and Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit). Got redirected but didn't manage to nab the URLs.

Noticed that I didn't recall any problems on Opera Mini Version 44.1.2254.143214 on a Samsung S4 (running LineageOS [please feel free to email/PM me for the version] and Android 7.1.2).

So far, not a single McAfee ad has appeared on Microsoft Edge 44.18362.329.0 on my Windows 10, not even on the sidebars where they're allowed to be.

I'm also wondering if this has anything to do with the CDNs? But I don't have enough skills to test that.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
I play about 50/50 on my laptop and my phone; over the last month or so I've had a couple of instances when Gathering on my phone where I received notifications of pop-ups being blocked(about 20-30 at a time). Just now, when I clicked on a front page dragon, I was greeted with this when the page loaded: [img]https://i.imgur.com/hgdAHzm.png[/img] Some technical details: the phone is running Android version 9, and my web browser is the Chrome App version 77
I play about 50/50 on my laptop and my phone; over the last month or so I've had a couple of instances when Gathering on my phone where I received notifications of pop-ups being blocked(about 20-30 at a time). Just now, when I clicked on a front page dragon, I was greeted with this when the page loaded:
hgdAHzm.png

Some technical details: the phone is running Android version 9, and my web browser is the Chrome App version 77
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
I keep getting a pop up from Mcafee telling me my software is expiring but I've never owned that virus protection. If I even click in the vicinity of the ad I get taken to another webpage telling me to buy malware protection. It reads 'ads by WGX' on the pop up. The url it goes to is reimageplus.com

I keep getting a pop up from Mcafee telling me my software is expiring but I've never owned that virus protection. If I even click in the vicinity of the ad I get taken to another webpage telling me to buy malware protection. It reads 'ads by WGX' on the pop up. The url it goes to is reimageplus.com

Now I'm also getting those 'dear google user' redirects from this site and only this site, the browser url was also that "luckyguys" one, android with google chrome, and I checked my settings and it says it should be blocking popups and yet I'm getting these. I had two FR tabs open as always, I got it on one, closed it, reopened that second tab again, and then switched to the other tab to check something else, it popped up on that one and when I hit the tab view I could see that both tabs of FR had been redirected so I closed out of FR completely for a few hours until now.

The other comments seem to point to it being something going wrong with the site, possibly a breach, so I'm planning on visiting the site a lot less, and I hope/highly suggest the FR team makes an announcement once this issue is resolved so people know when the problem should be taken care of
Now I'm also getting those 'dear google user' redirects from this site and only this site, the browser url was also that "luckyguys" one, android with google chrome, and I checked my settings and it says it should be blocking popups and yet I'm getting these. I had two FR tabs open as always, I got it on one, closed it, reopened that second tab again, and then switched to the other tab to check something else, it popped up on that one and when I hit the tab view I could see that both tabs of FR had been redirected so I closed out of FR completely for a few hours until now.

The other comments seem to point to it being something going wrong with the site, possibly a breach, so I'm planning on visiting the site a lot less, and I hope/highly suggest the FR team makes an announcement once this issue is resolved so people know when the problem should be taken care of
jKNxJDc.png 93911947.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
Linux Fedora user here, using Opera as the web browser. I like to whitelist FR on my adblocker, but I had to turn the adblock back on today... I ran into the following:

First, there was a small pop-up ad in the top right corner of the screen. I hit the X in the corner of the ad to get rid of it, and it went away, and I didn't see any more of that particular kind.

Secondly, this same thing happened twice. I went to click on a FR feature - the first time I was trying to select a new familiar for one of my dragons, and the second time I hit the "play again" button in Higher or Lower. But instead of selecting that familiar/showing a new guessing card, I got redirected to a new browser window that was attempting to display an ad of some kind. I killed the window both times before it got around to loading.

Not really sure what's going on, but it seems highly unusual.
Linux Fedora user here, using Opera as the web browser. I like to whitelist FR on my adblocker, but I had to turn the adblock back on today... I ran into the following:

First, there was a small pop-up ad in the top right corner of the screen. I hit the X in the corner of the ad to get rid of it, and it went away, and I didn't see any more of that particular kind.

Secondly, this same thing happened twice. I went to click on a FR feature - the first time I was trying to select a new familiar for one of my dragons, and the second time I hit the "play again" button in Higher or Lower. But instead of selecting that familiar/showing a new guessing card, I got redirected to a new browser window that was attempting to display an ad of some kind. I killed the window both times before it got around to loading.

Not really sure what's going on, but it seems highly unusual.
Oh hey I figured out how to put something here!
Got a pop-up in the corner (right under the logo) about Russian mail-order brides or something along those lines that forcibly opened a new tab. Now, I've only been on Flight Rising for a little while, but that strikes me as probably not something that was intended to be on the family-friendly dragon game.
Got a pop-up in the corner (right under the logo) about Russian mail-order brides or something along those lines that forcibly opened a new tab. Now, I've only been on Flight Rising for a little while, but that strikes me as probably not something that was intended to be on the family-friendly dragon game.
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
Screenshot_2019-09-26-08-36-37.png

Incredibly annoying and keeps happening. Clicking anywhere on the page redirects you to another site. I close it immediately so Im not sure what it is. Making the site unusable during a festival of all things :/
Screenshot_2019-09-26-08-36-37.png

Incredibly annoying and keeps happening. Clicking anywhere on the page redirects you to another site. I close it immediately so Im not sure what it is. Making the site unusable during a festival of all things :/
eWROVV6.png
I got this floating in the upper right corner of my screen, and soon after my browser blocked 25 pop-ups in the course of 3 seconds. [img]https://i.imgur.com/qMeAPjd.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jW2L9WR.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hCEBfxU.png[/img]
I got this floating in the upper right corner of my screen, and soon after my browser blocked 25 pop-ups in the course of 3 seconds.

qMeAPjd.png

jW2L9WR.png

hCEBfxU.png
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416828508879454218/626789809016406030/Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-37-04-1.png[/img] tho it didn't seem to come with a top-right corner ad too? clicking anywhere redirected me to local-ad-page, tho the page i was directed to said 'session expired' or smth? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416828508879454218/626789809016406026/Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-38-09-1.png[/img] e/ [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416828508879454218/626793072394764289/Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-51-30-1.png[/img]
Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-37-04-1.png
tho it didn't seem to come with a top-right corner ad too?

clicking anywhere redirected me to local-ad-page, tho the page i was directed to said 'session expired' or smth?
Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-38-09-1.png

e/
Screenshot_2019-09-26-07-51-30-1.png
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
I'm getting that Mcafee ad in the top right corner pop up, clicking on anything on the page, not even near the ad, it opens another tab.
I'm getting that Mcafee ad in the top right corner pop up, clicking on anything on the page, not even near the ad, it opens another tab.
He/Him
1 2 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593