Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 413 414 415 416 417 ... 592 593
[quote name="Meredith44" date=2018-01-03 11:32:04] I'm getting pop-ups. I think from a D&B Hoovers ad? As twice that has been the ad on the left when it happens. I'm on mobile, so excuse the poor screenshot. Edit: Maybe not that ad, as I just got the ad again without the pop-ups. Edit 2: Apparently they run multiple ads and it is only the one ad, as I got it again. Here is a screenshot with more of the ad showing. Granted it's blocked on my mobile (thankfully) but it is still annoying and I don't think ads are supposed to do that on FR. [/quote] I've been getting this lately too, it seems to come from this ad: https://imgur.com/a/g9oj2 because I've consistently seen the pop-ups happen with this ad and mostly only other webcomic ads on the side I'm on mobile using Samsung Internet Beta @LibraryWhale I had this issue with malware bytes a little while ago too, and it seems to be a type of image hosting site that malware bytes may be picking up as a false positive? I only got the message on one page and I have all ads blocked on my computer where I got the message, but someone's signature had some images in it that linked to that website.
Meredith44 wrote on 2018-01-03:
I'm getting pop-ups. I think from a D&B Hoovers ad? As twice that has been the ad on the left when it happens. I'm on mobile, so excuse the poor screenshot.

Edit: Maybe not that ad, as I just got the ad again without the pop-ups.

Edit 2: Apparently they run multiple ads and it is only the one ad, as I got it again. Here is a screenshot with more of the ad showing. Granted it's blocked on my mobile (thankfully) but it is still annoying and I don't think ads are supposed to do that on FR.

I've been getting this lately too, it seems to come from this ad: https://imgur.com/a/g9oj2 because I've consistently seen the pop-ups happen with this ad and mostly only other webcomic ads on the side
I'm on mobile using Samsung Internet Beta

@LibraryWhale
I had this issue with malware bytes a little while ago too, and it seems to be a type of image hosting site that malware bytes may be picking up as a false positive? I only got the message on one page and I have all ads blocked on my computer where I got the message, but someone's signature had some images in it that linked to that website.
@Zetonna

That's interesting.... I wonder if the error can be cleared up? (assuming it is one...)
@Zetonna

That's interesting.... I wonder if the error can be cleared up? (assuming it is one...)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
Hello, I don't know if this is an issue with just me or not, but on some adds I have been getting the popup "Rats! WebGL has hit a snag. Reload?". It has happened many times since yesterday, only on my PC. I'm on browser Google Chrome. I payed attention to when the popup came up, everything was fine until the adds loaded in. I payed attention some more, and noticed that its only the Staples add that has caused it so far.

I will keep watching to see which adds cause it for me, and maybe post a screenshot if I can.
Hello, I don't know if this is an issue with just me or not, but on some adds I have been getting the popup "Rats! WebGL has hit a snag. Reload?". It has happened many times since yesterday, only on my PC. I'm on browser Google Chrome. I payed attention to when the popup came up, everything was fine until the adds loaded in. I payed attention some more, and noticed that its only the Staples add that has caused it so far.

I will keep watching to see which adds cause it for me, and maybe post a screenshot if I can.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
Something keeps redirecting me on Samsung Google Chrome. I've been trying to figure out what's causing it, but my antivirus keeps blocking it so I'm not sure which of these redirects it might be. In the one or two cases that it got through, I had to close windows directing me to it multiple times in a row.
Something keeps redirecting me on Samsung Google Chrome. I've been trying to figure out what's causing it, but my antivirus keeps blocking it so I'm not sure which of these redirects it might be. In the one or two cases that it got through, I had to close windows directing me to it multiple times in a row.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
I keep getting prolific redirects on mobile, which take me to some “landingpage” url. It’s extremely disruptive and happens out of nowhere and is so fast I don’t even see FR load before it redirects me.

I was navigating in Baldwin’s.
I keep getting prolific redirects on mobile, which take me to some “landingpage” url. It’s extremely disruptive and happens out of nowhere and is so fast I don’t even see FR load before it redirects me.

I was navigating in Baldwin’s.
-AchievementGet-
I'm getting the same one that @traycon3 is getting. It was in my Nesting page trying to make a new nest of eggs when I got the "Congratulations AT&T user! You have won x amount of money!" and I closed the page. I usually don't try to screenshot because I don't want the page to load any further then it gets then that (Call me paranoid but I don't want them getting into my phone and info.) On an iPhone in the Safari app.
I'm getting the same one that @traycon3 is getting. It was in my Nesting page trying to make a new nest of eggs when I got the "Congratulations AT&T user! You have won x amount of money!" and I closed the page. I usually don't try to screenshot because I don't want the page to load any further then it gets then that (Call me paranoid but I don't want them getting into my phone and info.) On an iPhone in the Safari app.
My phone browser keeps having to stop pop-ups from well, popping up. I figure, after reading through the last few pages, it is likely a "You have won!" scam or perhaps the virus one. My browser may be stopping them but it is still worrisome and annoying. I don't know if this helps, but I felt like it might help.
My phone browser keeps having to stop pop-ups from well, popping up. I figure, after reading through the last few pages, it is likely a "You have won!" scam or perhaps the virus one. My browser may be stopping them but it is still worrisome and annoying. I don't know if this helps, but I felt like it might help.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Got forcefully redirected by a “normall.ss9696 dot com” popup to another “landingdisplay.page.user.jesi...” Congrats You Won scam. Again.

Could not tell what ad did it as it was likely the footer ad which was out of view on my mobile screen.
Got forcefully redirected by a “normall.ss9696 dot com” popup to another “landingdisplay.page.user.jesi...” Congrats You Won scam. Again.

Could not tell what ad did it as it was likely the footer ad which was out of view on my mobile screen.
-AchievementGet-
I get popup ads on my phone. I can't say which ones are bad though since the ads causing the popups are getting blocked by the browser.
I get popup ads on my phone. I can't say which ones are bad though since the ads causing the popups are getting blocked by the browser.
I do not expect anything to happen since it's not the normal kind of report but.

There is an add that plays what I assume is a movie add or something, I don't really look closely because the add shows a real fire and I have to use all my energy to not panic as this triggers my pyrophobia.

I have for the time being activated add block, to prevent any adds from appearing and thus negate the appearance of the add.
I usually have it deactivated as that's my only way to support the site but yeah, I thought I might as well try to see if there was any chance it could be removed or if I have to permanently have add block on when I come online?

(Really not expecting anything to happen since avoiding phobia triggers is all on me, I'm just sad that I can't keep AB deactivated anymore)
I do not expect anything to happen since it's not the normal kind of report but.

There is an add that plays what I assume is a movie add or something, I don't really look closely because the add shows a real fire and I have to use all my energy to not panic as this triggers my pyrophobia.

I have for the time being activated add block, to prevent any adds from appearing and thus negate the appearance of the add.
I usually have it deactivated as that's my only way to support the site but yeah, I thought I might as well try to see if there was any chance it could be removed or if I have to permanently have add block on when I come online?

(Really not expecting anything to happen since avoiding phobia triggers is all on me, I'm just sad that I can't keep AB deactivated anymore)
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
1 2 ... 413 414 415 416 417 ... 592 593