Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share and discuss your lore with me?
1 2 3 4 5 6
i'm still figuring out my lore!! i have some descriptions over my lair tabs, but i might change them... i know i want garula heights and eigaon both, but i'm not sure if i should keep them related or not!

garula heights i'm actually having a little trouble figuring out. either they're harboring eigaon, and thus have dark secrets, or they're just a friendly wind clan. friendly is nice and all but i want mystery!! intrigue!!

eigaon, whether it exists under garula heights or not, is a haphazard group of morally ambiguous dragons who do dangerous magical experiments, especially involving anything shade-touched. now that i say that i'm thinking maybe it should be its own separate thing, so they can travel sornieth looking for shade-touched dragons and artifacts.

so yeah i guess i'll separate them!! but what do i do with garula heights???
i'm still figuring out my lore!! i have some descriptions over my lair tabs, but i might change them... i know i want garula heights and eigaon both, but i'm not sure if i should keep them related or not!

garula heights i'm actually having a little trouble figuring out. either they're harboring eigaon, and thus have dark secrets, or they're just a friendly wind clan. friendly is nice and all but i want mystery!! intrigue!!

eigaon, whether it exists under garula heights or not, is a haphazard group of morally ambiguous dragons who do dangerous magical experiments, especially involving anything shade-touched. now that i say that i'm thinking maybe it should be its own separate thing, so they can travel sornieth looking for shade-touched dragons and artifacts.

so yeah i guess i'll separate them!! but what do i do with garula heights???
6CVIki1.pngZboxFhF.jpgA66ZzQp.pngBPsg2u8.jpgeiy6Bo2.png
You can read my lair lore here. Also, I have lore for a few of my dragons. Soe's lore is one of my favorites!

Each tab also has some form of lore to help explain all the things that are going on in my lair. So, enjoy reading!
You can read my lair lore here. Also, I have lore for a few of my dragons. Soe's lore is one of my favorites!

Each tab also has some form of lore to help explain all the things that are going on in my lair. So, enjoy reading!
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
I know the feeling. I tried doing a pinkerlocke a long while ago, but I became so detached from every dragon except for one so I scrapped them. I yeeted them all to the hibden and decided to start over with a bunch of Gaolers.

More of them don’t have full lore yet, just snippets of things and WIP stories. I think everyone from Fortis to Rhyosymedre has lore? Anyways, basically all of my dragons are connected to “The Gaoler Caravan” in some way. In short, it’s a traveling band of Seekers that act as temporary prison guards and builders for any clan that hires them. Interrogation comes free with their services. Most have a role traditional to Gaoler society, like Sentry or even Sentinel, but there are also roles accustomed to their lifestyle like Priest, Mediator, and Cook. They much more lax than a typical Gaoler society, and accept Gaolers of all elements, backgrounds, and roles (even roleless ones) into their society. Even Gaolers who reject the Icewarden. Sure, they don’t fully trust Fire dragons (obvious reasons), or Gaolers whose parents weren’t Gaolers previously (because I headcannkn that Gaolers wish for their species not to be “corrupted” by others), but they’ll still accept them into the Caravan. They do not accept Shade-touched creatures though, since that would go against everything they stand for.

I had a lot of fun making up my own ideas for Gaoler society. For one, I came up with a naming system. It’s kind of unoriginal, but I like it. Traditional Gaolers give their hatchlings pretty basic names when they hatch. As the Gaoler gets older, they receive their Order, and a name which describes them as well. The name can be a representation of a physical or mental trait, and is meant to signify their transfer into adulthood. A Gaoler without a role is considered a child, half a dragon, and they will never receive a true name from the society they were born in. Surnames are passed down by family, and which surname the hatchlings of a pair will receive depends on the Order. When two Gaolers are of the same Order, they will choose who’s name to keep. When they are of a different Order, the Gaoler of the Order which is higher on the hierarchy (Sentinels being the top) will have their surname passed down. Very rarely, if there is not much of a power difference in Orders on the hierarchy, two Gaolers of different Orders can merge their last names instead. However, this is very uncommon, and generally looked down upon. Sentinels even have their own way of naming, and have a secretive “Truename”. It is to be guarded just as much as the Icewarden and his Pillar Fragment. If a Gaoler’s Truename is revealed, then they are considered a failure and an outcast from society. They will be booted from the Order and forced to leave. Only the leader of the Sentinel, and a very close Andy trusted mate that is also a Sentinel, can know a Gaoler’s Truename. On a lighter note, Gaolers that don’t come from a traditional society usually don’t follow these rules. Trust me, they don’t mind it one bit— there’s an ongoing joke that named Gaolers lose their hair more due to stress.

As for the Caravan itself, it was started by Fortis, leading alongside his friends Duelist and Current. They mostly stayed in one place, and never built a prison, choosing only to kill monsters wrangle escapees and bring them back to the place they escaped from, but never staying anywhere. Basically glorified bounty hunters. They allowed a few more to join them, but only if they were of high rank like Sentinel or Overseer, or previous friends or family of Duelist, Current, and Fortis. But then there was an accident, and Fortis was killed. He was reborn (with spectral wings that allow him to fly and a halo for no reason at all) and had the amazing epiphany that he should run a traveling service instead. He went back to his friends who nearly died upon seeing him alive, told them his idea, and they loved it. Now they travel Sornieth, building prisons, catching bandits and other bad guys, and killing Horrorbeasts. Thanks to his newfound life, Fortis has become much more lax, and excepts any and all Gaolers into his Caravan as long as they do not harm any other Gaolers.

Modern breeds have a much harder time joining because they’re small.

Edit: It’s also called “The Gaoler Caravan” because they literally pull carts behind them. Most of them are pulled by elephant, hippo, or rhino based Familiars, but a few of the Gaolers who’s roles are not put into use during traveling also pull the carts. Sometimes while other Gaolers are sleeping inside. It’s pretty tough work, but they all take their turn.
I know the feeling. I tried doing a pinkerlocke a long while ago, but I became so detached from every dragon except for one so I scrapped them. I yeeted them all to the hibden and decided to start over with a bunch of Gaolers.

More of them don’t have full lore yet, just snippets of things and WIP stories. I think everyone from Fortis to Rhyosymedre has lore? Anyways, basically all of my dragons are connected to “The Gaoler Caravan” in some way. In short, it’s a traveling band of Seekers that act as temporary prison guards and builders for any clan that hires them. Interrogation comes free with their services. Most have a role traditional to Gaoler society, like Sentry or even Sentinel, but there are also roles accustomed to their lifestyle like Priest, Mediator, and Cook. They much more lax than a typical Gaoler society, and accept Gaolers of all elements, backgrounds, and roles (even roleless ones) into their society. Even Gaolers who reject the Icewarden. Sure, they don’t fully trust Fire dragons (obvious reasons), or Gaolers whose parents weren’t Gaolers previously (because I headcannkn that Gaolers wish for their species not to be “corrupted” by others), but they’ll still accept them into the Caravan. They do not accept Shade-touched creatures though, since that would go against everything they stand for.

I had a lot of fun making up my own ideas for Gaoler society. For one, I came up with a naming system. It’s kind of unoriginal, but I like it. Traditional Gaolers give their hatchlings pretty basic names when they hatch. As the Gaoler gets older, they receive their Order, and a name which describes them as well. The name can be a representation of a physical or mental trait, and is meant to signify their transfer into adulthood. A Gaoler without a role is considered a child, half a dragon, and they will never receive a true name from the society they were born in. Surnames are passed down by family, and which surname the hatchlings of a pair will receive depends on the Order. When two Gaolers are of the same Order, they will choose who’s name to keep. When they are of a different Order, the Gaoler of the Order which is higher on the hierarchy (Sentinels being the top) will have their surname passed down. Very rarely, if there is not much of a power difference in Orders on the hierarchy, two Gaolers of different Orders can merge their last names instead. However, this is very uncommon, and generally looked down upon. Sentinels even have their own way of naming, and have a secretive “Truename”. It is to be guarded just as much as the Icewarden and his Pillar Fragment. If a Gaoler’s Truename is revealed, then they are considered a failure and an outcast from society. They will be booted from the Order and forced to leave. Only the leader of the Sentinel, and a very close Andy trusted mate that is also a Sentinel, can know a Gaoler’s Truename. On a lighter note, Gaolers that don’t come from a traditional society usually don’t follow these rules. Trust me, they don’t mind it one bit— there’s an ongoing joke that named Gaolers lose their hair more due to stress.

As for the Caravan itself, it was started by Fortis, leading alongside his friends Duelist and Current. They mostly stayed in one place, and never built a prison, choosing only to kill monsters wrangle escapees and bring them back to the place they escaped from, but never staying anywhere. Basically glorified bounty hunters. They allowed a few more to join them, but only if they were of high rank like Sentinel or Overseer, or previous friends or family of Duelist, Current, and Fortis. But then there was an accident, and Fortis was killed. He was reborn (with spectral wings that allow him to fly and a halo for no reason at all) and had the amazing epiphany that he should run a traveling service instead. He went back to his friends who nearly died upon seeing him alive, told them his idea, and they loved it. Now they travel Sornieth, building prisons, catching bandits and other bad guys, and killing Horrorbeasts. Thanks to his newfound life, Fortis has become much more lax, and excepts any and all Gaolers into his Caravan as long as they do not harm any other Gaolers.

Modern breeds have a much harder time joining because they’re small.

Edit: It’s also called “The Gaoler Caravan” because they literally pull carts behind them. Most of them are pulled by elephant, hippo, or rhino based Familiars, but a few of the Gaolers who’s roles are not put into use during traveling also pull the carts. Sometimes while other Gaolers are sleeping inside. It’s pretty tough work, but they all take their turn.
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
I'm not very good at writing stories, but I will probably do some of that eventually. For now, I have small dragon bios and the beginning of a lore thread.

My custom progen is a guardian, and her Charge is a place. When she finds it, she stays there to defend it, and other dragons join her. I've planned many details up until the clan has twelve members, but then I'm going to do a time skip to when there are many more members than that, and this larger clan is what you'll see in the lore thread. If you want to read dragon bios, you can start with Telperion and then use the right arrow; fifteen dragons in a row have content in their bios.
I'm not very good at writing stories, but I will probably do some of that eventually. For now, I have small dragon bios and the beginning of a lore thread.

My custom progen is a guardian, and her Charge is a place. When she finds it, she stays there to defend it, and other dragons join her. I've planned many details up until the clan has twelve members, but then I'm going to do a time skip to when there are many more members than that, and this larger clan is what you'll see in the lore thread. If you want to read dragon bios, you can start with Telperion and then use the right arrow; fifteen dragons in a row have content in their bios.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
@GalacticExplorer
To summarize, the concept of time doesn't really exist, it is a human and mortal construct. Time is a tool created by us to be able to measure the passing of events in an at least understandable and comprehensive manner because we are unable to understand how they work. Reality is just a complex network of events onto which we project sequences of past, present and future. Our perception of its flow doesn’t correspond to physical reality. ‘Forward in time’ is the direction in which entropy increases, and in which we gain information. In a nutshell, "Time" is another word for Entropy, but has it's concepts simplified for our understanding. An example of that is a campfire, Entropy increases as the wood burns out, eventually resulting in the loss of energy and the expiration of the fire. A more ambitious example is a blackhole, which constantly shrinks and eventually loses energy, dying out. So, rather than saying "when", it is best to say "where".
Enjoying the talk about time 'n stuff, Entropy is something that I am itchy to write lore for.
However, I congratulate you on making a flight that people are interested in.

Is there an explanation of why the clan is moving between realms? Btw show me more lore sauce, if you have, I must c o n s u m e.

@Varjoaika

Hmmm
Write
Fight procrastination

@Zlhzlh
Sure!
@GalacticExplorer
To summarize, the concept of time doesn't really exist, it is a human and mortal construct. Time is a tool created by us to be able to measure the passing of events in an at least understandable and comprehensive manner because we are unable to understand how they work. Reality is just a complex network of events onto which we project sequences of past, present and future. Our perception of its flow doesn’t correspond to physical reality. ‘Forward in time’ is the direction in which entropy increases, and in which we gain information. In a nutshell, "Time" is another word for Entropy, but has it's concepts simplified for our understanding. An example of that is a campfire, Entropy increases as the wood burns out, eventually resulting in the loss of energy and the expiration of the fire. A more ambitious example is a blackhole, which constantly shrinks and eventually loses energy, dying out. So, rather than saying "when", it is best to say "where".
Enjoying the talk about time 'n stuff, Entropy is something that I am itchy to write lore for.
However, I congratulate you on making a flight that people are interested in.

Is there an explanation of why the clan is moving between realms? Btw show me more lore sauce, if you have, I must c o n s u m e.

@Varjoaika

Hmmm
Write
Fight procrastination

@Zlhzlh
Sure!
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
@SolifugeSpace thank you! Entropy and Time are definitely something my clan will probably argue about in the future. Timebender hasn't made it to the clan yet at this point in lore, but in the future there's definitely going to be a clan-wide argument on whether Time really exists and whether or not Time Flight is an official Flight or an imposter created by the Shade. (It's actually a pretty good idea, I should go write it down before I forget...)
@SolifugeSpace thank you! Entropy and Time are definitely something my clan will probably argue about in the future. Timebender hasn't made it to the clan yet at this point in lore, but in the future there's definitely going to be a clan-wide argument on whether Time really exists and whether or not Time Flight is an official Flight or an imposter created by the Shade. (It's actually a pretty good idea, I should go write it down before I forget...)
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
@SolifugeSpace
ohh, you've asked for it now.

alright, just to clear things up this is based off an au of my favourite game series, so a brief overview tends to follow similar points to the games. it's a 4-game series, each following the story of two characters. the games leave a lot of gaps between them in terms of connecting together.

so, let's start our little story some thousand years ago, when a powerful entity created two servants and protectors for it, two coatls. all's well until an accident leaves the two stranded in some other world- a dark and shadowy realm of negativity and hate. while helpless and waiting to be rescued, they argue about serving their patron, until the female leaves her brother, disappearing into the darkness and swearing revenge, to return and destroy the entity she feels controlled her. and when she does, a shade-corrupted horror appearing in the sky, her brother and an incredibly powerful psychic fae that had taken up duty as protector both almost die just to weaken her, enough to keep the malevolence at bay for a few thousand years. it's a little-known myth, often disregarded by dragons as being no more than a campfire tale.

fast-forward a couple thousand years to a small clan being battered by frigid gales in the southern icefield, praying to the icewarden for safety, but getting only a few arrogant dragons who charge into the blizzards and never return. the prayers slow down, and hatred sets in amongst the dragons, until any traveller who appears with offers to help is bluntly shoved into the snowstorm, seen as mockery from the icewarden. confusion sets in, however, when a young coatl appears at the clan gates, as surely this child cannot be sent by the gods to stop the blizzards. while the elders and the priests argue, he gets taken in by a family of ridgebacks. after a week, the young coatl is thrown from the clan into the frozen wastes, and after a long trek, finds himself facing a monstrous imperial, the cause of the storm and the killer of those who had tried before him. despite the coatl's best efforts, he barely wounds the imperial, and just as he prepares for a death blow, a spiney body pushes him into a ditch. the eldest of the ridgeback children, whom he'd made good friends with, had followed him out and saved him. together, the two slowly fought the monster, and eventually, by sheer luck, managed to slay it.

however, the storms just picked up. determined to find the cause and stop it, whatever the cost, the ridgeback presses onwards towards the tallest of the nearby mountains, followed by his friend. despite the rations stolen from the clan (maybe half their food supply) and the two's best efforts, hunger, hypothermia and frostbite had almost overcome them both by the time they'd climbed the summit, and it was with the last of their power that they held off the ice-encrusted shadebeast summoning the blizzards- yet, with the coatl's final strike, the icy shell was shattered and the fading monster created one last blizzard, strong enough to freeze solid everything for miles around- before the gale died away forever. although this story, too, is a myth, many plucky adventurers search for the frozen ruins of the lost clan, believing the story to be true.

let's go to more in the present, maybe just a few years ago now. a gaoler and a guardian go on a similar trek through a frozen field, weary from years of running from a threat that never slows down. they can still hear the accusations ringing through the market, see the bogsneak's triumphant smile as dragons start to charge. they're being hunted, hunted because of a single dragon's lies, and are still looking for a way to prove their innocence. hearing shouts grow louder, they dart into a cave, but turn to see the most esteemed rescue team of the time follow them in. an old imperial, looking sadly at them, with a menacing ridgeback and a powerful guardian flanking him. behind the trio, more teams flood in, a skydancer and her companions, a snapper with his grunts. the two fugitives, cornered, wait, determined to go out fighting. instead, a blue blur launches in from the cave mouth, pulling the guardian into the crowd behind him, and a red figure hurtles into the imperial, sending him scrambling. as the new arrivals cause chaos in the crowd, the fugities run for their lives, not stopping until a red nocturne soars above them, laughing, and lands in the snow in front of them, a blue coatl right behind. the fugitives start to stammer their thanks, but are stopped, the nocturne hands them both bags full of supplies, wishes them luck, and the two are gone, with just the sound of laughter lingering on the cold breeze.

...alright, that's not all of the whole thing, but my fingers are tired. i'll maybe write out the rest later. all of these have continuations, as such, so if you particularily want to hear one of those, just say.
@SolifugeSpace
ohh, you've asked for it now.

alright, just to clear things up this is based off an au of my favourite game series, so a brief overview tends to follow similar points to the games. it's a 4-game series, each following the story of two characters. the games leave a lot of gaps between them in terms of connecting together.

so, let's start our little story some thousand years ago, when a powerful entity created two servants and protectors for it, two coatls. all's well until an accident leaves the two stranded in some other world- a dark and shadowy realm of negativity and hate. while helpless and waiting to be rescued, they argue about serving their patron, until the female leaves her brother, disappearing into the darkness and swearing revenge, to return and destroy the entity she feels controlled her. and when she does, a shade-corrupted horror appearing in the sky, her brother and an incredibly powerful psychic fae that had taken up duty as protector both almost die just to weaken her, enough to keep the malevolence at bay for a few thousand years. it's a little-known myth, often disregarded by dragons as being no more than a campfire tale.

fast-forward a couple thousand years to a small clan being battered by frigid gales in the southern icefield, praying to the icewarden for safety, but getting only a few arrogant dragons who charge into the blizzards and never return. the prayers slow down, and hatred sets in amongst the dragons, until any traveller who appears with offers to help is bluntly shoved into the snowstorm, seen as mockery from the icewarden. confusion sets in, however, when a young coatl appears at the clan gates, as surely this child cannot be sent by the gods to stop the blizzards. while the elders and the priests argue, he gets taken in by a family of ridgebacks. after a week, the young coatl is thrown from the clan into the frozen wastes, and after a long trek, finds himself facing a monstrous imperial, the cause of the storm and the killer of those who had tried before him. despite the coatl's best efforts, he barely wounds the imperial, and just as he prepares for a death blow, a spiney body pushes him into a ditch. the eldest of the ridgeback children, whom he'd made good friends with, had followed him out and saved him. together, the two slowly fought the monster, and eventually, by sheer luck, managed to slay it.

however, the storms just picked up. determined to find the cause and stop it, whatever the cost, the ridgeback presses onwards towards the tallest of the nearby mountains, followed by his friend. despite the rations stolen from the clan (maybe half their food supply) and the two's best efforts, hunger, hypothermia and frostbite had almost overcome them both by the time they'd climbed the summit, and it was with the last of their power that they held off the ice-encrusted shadebeast summoning the blizzards- yet, with the coatl's final strike, the icy shell was shattered and the fading monster created one last blizzard, strong enough to freeze solid everything for miles around- before the gale died away forever. although this story, too, is a myth, many plucky adventurers search for the frozen ruins of the lost clan, believing the story to be true.

let's go to more in the present, maybe just a few years ago now. a gaoler and a guardian go on a similar trek through a frozen field, weary from years of running from a threat that never slows down. they can still hear the accusations ringing through the market, see the bogsneak's triumphant smile as dragons start to charge. they're being hunted, hunted because of a single dragon's lies, and are still looking for a way to prove their innocence. hearing shouts grow louder, they dart into a cave, but turn to see the most esteemed rescue team of the time follow them in. an old imperial, looking sadly at them, with a menacing ridgeback and a powerful guardian flanking him. behind the trio, more teams flood in, a skydancer and her companions, a snapper with his grunts. the two fugitives, cornered, wait, determined to go out fighting. instead, a blue blur launches in from the cave mouth, pulling the guardian into the crowd behind him, and a red figure hurtles into the imperial, sending him scrambling. as the new arrivals cause chaos in the crowd, the fugities run for their lives, not stopping until a red nocturne soars above them, laughing, and lands in the snow in front of them, a blue coatl right behind. the fugitives start to stammer their thanks, but are stopped, the nocturne hands them both bags full of supplies, wishes them luck, and the two are gone, with just the sound of laughter lingering on the cold breeze.

...alright, that's not all of the whole thing, but my fingers are tired. i'll maybe write out the rest later. all of these have continuations, as such, so if you particularily want to hear one of those, just say.
there isn't much of solid lore tbh, if the dragons have any writing it's just a short points because i'm extremely self-critical of my own writing so instead of putting up a bad writing i just.. don't write lmao rip

the first tab is a traveling group, found family formed from all sorts of a weird bunch
second tab is creepy weirdos, doing creepy stuff
third tab is local edgelord who might or might not be gay for a courier from the first group

my lore is very detailed and very serious lmao
there isn't much of solid lore tbh, if the dragons have any writing it's just a short points because i'm extremely self-critical of my own writing so instead of putting up a bad writing i just.. don't write lmao rip

the first tab is a traveling group, found family formed from all sorts of a weird bunch
second tab is creepy weirdos, doing creepy stuff
third tab is local edgelord who might or might not be gay for a courier from the first group

my lore is very detailed and very serious lmao
Rusted Crown
@SolifugeSpace my lore is weird and I only written the first chapter.. You can read it here :

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2584691#post_36634633

I just wanted something different :D

I dont organize my dragon after my lore but after breeding cooldowns - it just makes sense to me
@SolifugeSpace my lore is weird and I only written the first chapter.. You can read it here :

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2584691#post_36634633

I just wanted something different :D

I dont organize my dragon after my lore but after breeding cooldowns - it just makes sense to me
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I don't have a complete lore for my clan yet, but I do have a few concepts!

I'm leaning towards a group of faes in the southern icefield with a tundra as their leader/caretaker or something.

I don't have a complete lore for my clan yet, but I do have a few concepts!

I'm leaning towards a group of faes in the southern icefield with a tundra as their leader/caretaker or something.

1 2 3 4 5 6