Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Water Flight Aesthetic and Jokes Vent
1 2 3 4 5
I have Thalassophobia to some degree (yes, I'm still in Water) so my clan is located in the Mire, at the border of plague and Water.
I love water, I'm just a lot more into non-ocean stuff. I love ponds, streams & swamps.
I feel like this is one often forgotten fact too. Water is not only the ocean.
I have Thalassophobia to some degree (yes, I'm still in Water) so my clan is located in the Mire, at the border of plague and Water.
I love water, I'm just a lot more into non-ocean stuff. I love ponds, streams & swamps.
I feel like this is one often forgotten fact too. Water is not only the ocean.
xxx E V Oxfr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.pngxx[German • FR+9]

[ Sales ]x [ Accents ]
xxx RvBwoyc.png
[quote name="cabinetman" date="2019-10-06 21:13:45" ] at least you guys have jokes, not a lot of people like to talk about Fire :( [/quote] That is the joke. Or [s]Lameforger's[/s]
cabinetman wrote on 2019-10-06 21:13:45:
at least you guys have jokes, not a lot of people like to talk about Fire :(

That is the joke.

Or Lameforger's
B6-D49277-C650-41-E8-A1-CF-116-C1-B71-F845.png
NASA trains underwater to mimic space, because actually going to space requires some training. I can definitely see a partnership there. Also, a whoooole lot of people think the scrying workshop is in Arcane (I used to.. whoops).

It's sad FRD doesn't do the D part more often. I don't get the things like the ankle thread at all, it hasn't got a thing to do with FR. Atleast the farmer thing was funny and creative. Never mind this whole people declaring themselves deities, that's just weird. Azimyth made sense, what they did was uncanny, but others declared them a deity.. so that's different.
NASA trains underwater to mimic space, because actually going to space requires some training. I can definitely see a partnership there. Also, a whoooole lot of people think the scrying workshop is in Arcane (I used to.. whoops).

It's sad FRD doesn't do the D part more often. I don't get the things like the ankle thread at all, it hasn't got a thing to do with FR. Atleast the farmer thing was funny and creative. Never mind this whole people declaring themselves deities, that's just weird. Azimyth made sense, what they did was uncanny, but others declared them a deity.. so that's different.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="cabinetman" date="2019-10-06 21:13:45" ] at least you guys have jokes, not a lot of people like to talk about Fire :( [/quote] Besides the small reference of Lameforger's around our holiday we're as forgotten as the Water Flight.
cabinetman wrote on 2019-10-06 21:13:45:
at least you guys have jokes, not a lot of people like to talk about Fire :(
Besides the small reference of Lameforger's around our holiday we're as forgotten as the Water Flight.
part of the reason why i left water lol... that and the april fools jokes got real annoying real fast
part of the reason why i left water lol... that and the april fools jokes got real annoying real fast
Vorvomon_vpet_pen.gif Dorumon_vpet_dm.gif Ryudamon_vpet_pen.gif
[quote name="Nyllei" date="2019-10-06 18:27:29" ] [quote name="DragonDawn" date="2019-10-06 17:58:48" ] [quote name="Arukadia" date="2019-10-06 17:29:52" ] Honestly yeah. Wind's is literally fart jokes, for another example. [/quote] asejhdgkjahesla it frustrates me so much when people make that joke specifically. It's so gross... I love the wind flight's green aesthetic. The last thing I want to think about is... Well, that. [/quote] Hard same. I love the wind, nothing to do with the soft green aesthetic (though that's lovely too), and just hearing all of those jokes...squicks me a bit? I don't know, I don't like it. [B]The thing is though, people have tried to make interesting lore/flight philosophy discussion threads, and they all die. Only the jokes repeated over and over again ever seem to get any traction. It's sad, but it's true.[/b] People just don't want to think to deeply about the lore; joking about a stereotype is much less effort. I could cite so, so many threads that have interesting or thoughtful lore topics that are incredibly interesting, but die after a page or two because no one ever answers. It's sad, but it happens a lot more often than I think a lot of people realize. [/quote] That part I bolded Yes After several observations, I can firmly agree that people (not all) prefer the "ecks dee so funny" than a serious well-thought thread in which the owner is struggling to keep relevant and show more content, fighting to not get buried in thousands of threads such as the classic fae necky, "I found the tidepod" or a phoatlshop duplicate. I guess people favor a 1-second-thought jokethread over a deep, detailed dive into lore or thought (don't get me wrong, I know some people don't care about lore). Honestly I wish Flight jokes would be more clever than copypastas such as "tidepod gone", "water doesn't exist", "Thanks Arcanist" and "Wind flight fart flight lol". [quote name="SCB" date="2019-10-07 04:37:35" ] Never mind this whole people declaring themselves deities, that's just weird. Azimyth made sense, what they did was uncanny, but others declared them a deity.. so that's different. [/quote] As Admin of the Deity Discord, I'd like to point out something after a few experiences: The people that joined in the Deity Hub and are still active are looking forward in expanding their lore with their 'deity dragons' (think about the fan-made flights with lore). We also noticed that some people did that solely for their 15 minutes of fame, and didn't do anything else other than saying so, which is why we aren't counting them in. Azimyth and Anklebiter, for example, are going to expand their lore. In the end, we want this 'deity' thing to be more like lore discussion than active attention-seeking as some people are saying.
Nyllei wrote on 2019-10-06 18:27:29:
DragonDawn wrote on 2019-10-06 17:58:48:
Arukadia wrote on 2019-10-06 17:29:52:
Honestly yeah. Wind's is literally fart jokes, for another example.

asejhdgkjahesla it frustrates me so much when people make that joke specifically. It's so gross... I love the wind flight's green aesthetic. The last thing I want to think about is... Well, that.

Hard same. I love the wind, nothing to do with the soft green aesthetic (though that's lovely too), and just hearing all of those jokes...squicks me a bit? I don't know, I don't like it.

The thing is though, people have tried to make interesting lore/flight philosophy discussion threads, and they all die. Only the jokes repeated over and over again ever seem to get any traction. It's sad, but it's true. People just don't want to think to deeply about the lore; joking about a stereotype is much less effort.

I could cite so, so many threads that have interesting or thoughtful lore topics that are incredibly interesting, but die after a page or two because no one ever answers. It's sad, but it happens a lot more often than I think a lot of people realize.

That part I bolded
Yes
After several observations, I can firmly agree that people (not all) prefer the "ecks dee so funny" than a serious well-thought thread in which the owner is struggling to keep relevant and show more content, fighting to not get buried in thousands of threads such as the classic fae necky, "I found the tidepod" or a phoatlshop duplicate. I guess people favor a 1-second-thought jokethread over a deep, detailed dive into lore or thought (don't get me wrong, I know some people don't care about lore).

Honestly I wish Flight jokes would be more clever than copypastas such as "tidepod gone", "water doesn't exist", "Thanks Arcanist" and "Wind flight fart flight lol".
SCB wrote on 2019-10-07 04:37:35:

Never mind this whole people declaring themselves deities, that's just weird. Azimyth made sense, what they did was uncanny, but others declared them a deity.. so that's different.

As Admin of the Deity Discord, I'd like to point out something after a few experiences:
The people that joined in the Deity Hub and are still active are looking forward in expanding their lore with their 'deity dragons' (think about the fan-made flights with lore). We also noticed that some people did that solely for their 15 minutes of fame, and didn't do anything else other than saying so, which is why we aren't counting them in. Azimyth and Anklebiter, for example, are going to expand their lore. In the end, we want this 'deity' thing to be more like lore discussion than active attention-seeking as some people are saying.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-10-07 07:08:18" ] [quote name="Nyllei" date="2019-10-06 18:27:29" ] [quote name="DragonDawn" date="2019-10-06 17:58:48" ] [quote name="Arukadia" date="2019-10-06 17:29:52" ] Honestly yeah. Wind's is literally fart jokes, for another example. [/quote] asejhdgkjahesla it frustrates me so much when people make that joke specifically. It's so gross... I love the wind flight's green aesthetic. The last thing I want to think about is... Well, that. [/quote] Hard same. I love the wind, nothing to do with the soft green aesthetic (though that's lovely too), and just hearing all of those jokes...squicks me a bit? I don't know, I don't like it. [B]The thing is though, people have tried to make interesting lore/flight philosophy discussion threads, and they all die. Only the jokes repeated over and over again ever seem to get any traction. It's sad, but it's true.[/b] People just don't want to think to deeply about the lore; joking about a stereotype is much less effort. I could cite so, so many threads that have interesting or thoughtful lore topics that are incredibly interesting, but die after a page or two because no one ever answers. It's sad, but it happens a lot more often than I think a lot of people realize. [/quote] That part I bolded Yes After several observations, I can firmly agree that people (not all) prefer the "ecks dee so funny" than a serious well-thought thread in which the owner is struggling to keep relevant and show more content, fighting to not get buried in thousands of threads such as the classic fae necky, "I found the tidepod" or a phoatlshop duplicate. I guess people favor a 1-second-thought jokethread over a deep, detailed dive into lore or thought (don't get me wrong, I know some people don't care about lore). Honestly I wish Flight jokes would be more clever than copypastas such as "tidepod gone", "water doesn't exist", "Thanks Arcanist" and "Wind flight fart flight lol". [/quote] this quote chain is gonna get wack but ^ a lot of frd feels like ecks dee haha random repeats of late 2000s-early 2010s 'lol tacos! roflcopter! i made u a cookie but i ated it' culture and i'm aware that this is probably because FR's playerbase is probably mostly kids, but like..... come on. be a little more serious sometimes? [s]the 'new deities' and 'consume ankle' stuff got old and unfunny QUICKLY[/s]
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-10-07 07:08:18:
Nyllei wrote on 2019-10-06 18:27:29:
DragonDawn wrote on 2019-10-06 17:58:48:
Arukadia wrote on 2019-10-06 17:29:52:
Honestly yeah. Wind's is literally fart jokes, for another example.

asejhdgkjahesla it frustrates me so much when people make that joke specifically. It's so gross... I love the wind flight's green aesthetic. The last thing I want to think about is... Well, that.

Hard same. I love the wind, nothing to do with the soft green aesthetic (though that's lovely too), and just hearing all of those jokes...squicks me a bit? I don't know, I don't like it.

The thing is though, people have tried to make interesting lore/flight philosophy discussion threads, and they all die. Only the jokes repeated over and over again ever seem to get any traction. It's sad, but it's true. People just don't want to think to deeply about the lore; joking about a stereotype is much less effort.

I could cite so, so many threads that have interesting or thoughtful lore topics that are incredibly interesting, but die after a page or two because no one ever answers. It's sad, but it happens a lot more often than I think a lot of people realize.

That part I bolded
Yes
After several observations, I can firmly agree that people (not all) prefer the "ecks dee so funny" than a serious well-thought thread in which the owner is struggling to keep relevant and show more content, fighting to not get buried in thousands of threads such as the classic fae necky, "I found the tidepod" or a phoatlshop duplicate. I guess people favor a 1-second-thought jokethread over a deep, detailed dive into lore or thought (don't get me wrong, I know some people don't care about lore).

Honestly I wish Flight jokes would be more clever than copypastas such as "tidepod gone", "water doesn't exist", "Thanks Arcanist" and "Wind flight fart flight lol".
this quote chain is gonna get wack but ^
a lot of frd feels like ecks dee haha random repeats of late 2000s-early 2010s 'lol tacos! roflcopter! i made u a cookie but i ated it' culture
and i'm aware that this is probably because FR's playerbase is probably mostly kids, but like..... come on. be a little more serious sometimes? the 'new deities' and 'consume ankle' stuff got old and unfunny QUICKLY
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
[quote name="Azimyth" date="2019-10-07 08:07:27" ] I very much wish we had more lore based opportunities. Jokes, on their own, are funny. They’re a cute way to spice up the forums and keep people happy. But then, not naming anyone, don’t assume it’s you lol you’re probably just fine, there are toxic jokesters. People who encourage ARGs, multiaccounters, spam, etc by rapidly bumping these threads and calling them harmless fun. It isn’t harmless. The first time, alright, someone broke the rules, but we got a good laugh out of it. Now, there’s a new one every week. And there’s people encouraging it. But it shouldn’t be. Nothing needs to be absolutely strict, but some of this stuff is getting out of hand. I’ve gone from being tolerant to reporting these things on sight. It just kinda sucks, y’know? I wanna make more lore ideas, and inspiration would be awesome, but so many threads get drowned out so easily... [/quote] Oh gosh the Args. I forgot about those tbh, but yeah i concur with this. I saw someone getting attacked because they didn't realize someone was an Arg and was just trying to help them with the game. And it wasn't they were quoting them, they pinged them everytime too. "Wow you must be so fun at parties lol" "It's just a joke, stop being such a kill joy" And so on and more personal attacks i won't list. It's genuinely awful to see this, and makes me realize that if you break their mindless "ecks dee LOL so rando rawr memey" 'fun' that's essentially spam, you're suddenly the bad person, and it's why i stay far away from those threads. This probably doesn't make sense (yay writing first thing in the morning) but i like seeing actual [i]discussion[/i] even if it's just a handful of people doing it, and i feel this is a topic that needs to be touched on.
Azimyth wrote on 2019-10-07 08:07:27:
I very much wish we had more lore based opportunities. Jokes, on their own, are funny. They’re a cute way to spice up the forums and keep people happy. But then, not naming anyone, don’t assume it’s you lol you’re probably just fine, there are toxic jokesters. People who encourage ARGs, multiaccounters, spam, etc by rapidly bumping these threads and calling them harmless fun. It isn’t harmless. The first time, alright, someone broke the rules, but we got a good laugh out of it. Now, there’s a new one every week. And there’s people encouraging it. But it shouldn’t be. Nothing needs to be absolutely strict, but some of this stuff is getting out of hand. I’ve gone from being tolerant to reporting these things on sight. It just kinda sucks, y’know? I wanna make more lore ideas, and inspiration would be awesome, but so many threads get drowned out so easily...
Oh gosh the Args. I forgot about those tbh, but yeah i concur with this. I saw someone getting attacked because they didn't realize someone was an Arg and was just trying to help them with the game. And it wasn't they were quoting them, they pinged them
everytime too.
"Wow you must be so fun at parties lol"
"It's just a joke, stop being such a kill joy"
And so on and more personal attacks i won't list. It's genuinely awful to see this, and makes me realize that if you break their mindless "ecks dee LOL so rando rawr memey" 'fun' that's essentially spam, you're suddenly the bad person, and it's why i stay far away from those threads.

This probably doesn't make sense (yay writing first thing in the morning) but i like seeing actual discussion even if it's just a handful of people doing it, and i feel this is a topic that needs to be touched on.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I wanted to find waterflight themed assets/bios/graphics for one of my heavy water-themed gals and I found so little that fits her,,, it's motivated me to honestly make my own F2U graphics and assets just because like,,, nobody else has done anything that matches her aesthetic
(if you actually find something like i'm describing please @ / pm me!)

I don't want sailor, or beach, or whatever else. I just want some nice, soft blues with nothing else (like tropical fish). I'll even take some spooky deep sea stuff at this point even if it doesn't fit her personality. I did find stuff like that but I want her to have a bio layout that matches my 2 light permababies and her current one looks so strange and unfitting

I feel water is very, very underrated graphics wise from what I found and even smaller flights like fire and earth get far more of a look-in (no hate to them though, I love fire n earth!)
also like,,, isn't tidedad still here but he's just ghosting us?
I wanted to find waterflight themed assets/bios/graphics for one of my heavy water-themed gals and I found so little that fits her,,, it's motivated me to honestly make my own F2U graphics and assets just because like,,, nobody else has done anything that matches her aesthetic
(if you actually find something like i'm describing please @ / pm me!)

I don't want sailor, or beach, or whatever else. I just want some nice, soft blues with nothing else (like tropical fish). I'll even take some spooky deep sea stuff at this point even if it doesn't fit her personality. I did find stuff like that but I want her to have a bio layout that matches my 2 light permababies and her current one looks so strange and unfitting

I feel water is very, very underrated graphics wise from what I found and even smaller flights like fire and earth get far more of a look-in (no hate to them though, I love fire n earth!)
also like,,, isn't tidedad still here but he's just ghosting us?
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
I imagine my clan to be like the Eventide Island in BOTW. I want a sunny beach surrounded by nature!
I imagine my clan to be like the Eventide Island in BOTW. I want a sunny beach surrounded by nature!
tumblr_ozc9mxtgb51udi2fqo2_r1_500.png

Art by draconoblade
1 2 3 4 5