Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Wing Thing (featuring Slime/Sludge)
1 2
[quote name="Veradana" date="2019-09-13 18:42:54" ] it's called foreshortening [/quote] Yeah but that isnt how foreshortening works though. The wing in front is neither tilted towards of away from the viewer in those cases. Since the wing is staged horizontal to the viewer the wing facing us should be slightly bigger than the one behind it, instead of the opposite. So yeah the wings on these dragons are kinda messed up, much like the perspective problem on the tail of Male spirals.
Veradana wrote on 2019-09-13 18:42:54:
it's called foreshortening

Yeah but that isnt how foreshortening works though. The wing in front is neither tilted towards of away from the viewer in those cases.

Since the wing is staged horizontal to the viewer the wing facing us should be slightly bigger than the one behind it, instead of the opposite. So yeah the wings on these dragons are kinda messed up, much like the perspective problem on the tail of Male spirals.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
@KitalphaHart @PopatoPips @Wowzers @DancingHare @Veradana Made an edit to explain what I mean in the first post. Also this: [quote name="Sorel" date="2019-09-13 18:55:27" ] [quote name="Veradana" date="2019-09-13 18:42:54" ] it's called foreshortening [/quote] Yeah but that isnt how foreshortening works though. The wing in front is neither tilted towards of away from the viewer in those cases. Since the wing is staged horizontal to the viewer the wing facing us should be slightly bigger than the one behind it, instead of the opposite. So yeah the wings on these dragons are kinda messed up, much like the perspective problem on the tail of Male spirals. [/quote]
@KitalphaHart @PopatoPips @Wowzers @DancingHare @Veradana

Made an edit to explain what I mean in the first post.

Also this:
Sorel wrote on 2019-09-13 18:55:27:
Veradana wrote on 2019-09-13 18:42:54:
it's called foreshortening

Yeah but that isnt how foreshortening works though. The wing in front is neither tilted towards of away from the viewer in those cases.

Since the wing is staged horizontal to the viewer the wing facing us should be slightly bigger than the one behind it, instead of the opposite. So yeah the wings on these dragons are kinda messed up, much like the perspective problem on the tail of Male spirals.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Yeah, that's due to the artist having to fit the wings in the "box" of the 350 X 350 PNG margin. I personally think it's a little interesting.

If it bothers you, may I suggest the combos of Slime/Shimmer and Slime/Alloy? Maybe that might interest you?
Yeah, that's due to the artist having to fit the wings in the "box" of the 350 X 350 PNG margin. I personally think it's a little interesting.

If it bothers you, may I suggest the combos of Slime/Shimmer and Slime/Alloy? Maybe that might interest you?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
[quote name="Dragonfruiteen" date="2019-09-13 16:55:45" ] I mean, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but...yikes you're right [/quote]
Dragonfruiteen wrote on 2019-09-13 16:55:45:
I mean, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but...yikes you're right
I don't see anything really wrong, but for some reason the more you look, the weirder it is lol
I don't see anything really wrong, but for some reason the more you look, the weirder it is lol
imageedit_1_7297660177.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Would You Rather? (click to play!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Looking for Modern Veined gene brewers!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Used to be ShadeytheDragon
Yeah, the front male PC wing is basically the equivalent of Nemo's special fin. X:
Yeah, the front male PC wing is basically the equivalent of Nemo's special fin. X:
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
I vaguely remember staff or someone mentioning that it's due to the image size restrictions. In reality, both wings are meant to be the larger size, but for presentation purposes they portray the nearer wing smaller
I vaguely remember staff or someone mentioning that it's due to the image size restrictions. In reality, both wings are meant to be the larger size, but for presentation purposes they portray the nearer wing smaller
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
[quote name="Exlann" date="2019-09-13 19:40:32" ] I vaguely remember staff or someone mentioning that it's due to the image size restrictions. In reality, both wings are meant to be the larger size, but for presentation purposes they portray the nearer wing smaller [/quote] so why wouldn't they just... keep both wings small? i understand the concept but execution is like a 6.8/10 and now i'm severely bothered by this fact i never noticed before today
Exlann wrote on 2019-09-13 19:40:32:
so why wouldn't they just... keep both wings small?

i understand the concept but execution is like a 6.8/10 and now i'm severely bothered by this fact i never noticed before today
~Purple~
she/they/fae
ENFP
Pisces
Shadow
BWGQXgh.png 0 FFaGQFw.png
rabies banner: gutweed
0 BWGQXgh.png
pings are ok!
1 2