Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me about NotN?
Talk to me about it. I’m not sure if I’ll like it. I mean, I don’t dislike the coli, but even switching venues gets boring after a while, I can only go for about a half hour at a time. Brewing would be great if I didn’t need to check on every two hours. I’m seriously considering just selling everything I get for profit. I’m not really sure if I’ll like it, especially with what I’ve heard about chests being mostly familiars.

What’s your favorite part about NotN? Why do you like it, and what are you excited for? For those that do just sell stuff (or maybe a bit of both), how much do you make? Is there something else other than coli and brewing that can be fun? I might consider selling NotN-themed adopts for Strange Chests, if I change my mind, do those sell well?

Edit: also, is brewing chests worth it? I’d probably get more selling the mats required if they become valuable for that reason
Talk to me about it. I’m not sure if I’ll like it. I mean, I don’t dislike the coli, but even switching venues gets boring after a while, I can only go for about a half hour at a time. Brewing would be great if I didn’t need to check on every two hours. I’m seriously considering just selling everything I get for profit. I’m not really sure if I’ll like it, especially with what I’ve heard about chests being mostly familiars.

What’s your favorite part about NotN? Why do you like it, and what are you excited for? For those that do just sell stuff (or maybe a bit of both), how much do you make? Is there something else other than coli and brewing that can be fun? I might consider selling NotN-themed adopts for Strange Chests, if I change my mind, do those sell well?

Edit: also, is brewing chests worth it? I’d probably get more selling the mats required if they become valuable for that reason
Personally I love the familiars lol. And the general Hallow-mas aesthetic of the event. I'm not big on Coli either, so I usually do a challenge of some sort - e.g. get ten chests in each venue before moving on to the next one. I also usually multi-task while I Coli. I always have a Youtube video or something open on the side. But once I get at least one of each new familiar and apparel item (usually a bunch of swap threads pop up where I can trade dupes), I'm satisfied, and I sell/gift all but a few of my Strange Chests. By that time I've often gotten a couple Nocturne eggs, which are nice to have around. Strange Chests can be found via gathering as well, and there are also Swipp trades for them, but the trades involve items that need to be gotten from Coli. Apart from Coli and brewing, there's no method of getting Strange Chests that I would necessarily call ""fun"", but like with a lot of festivals, there will probably be some neat user-run events in the forums.

As for the chests being mostly familiars, that's,,, kind of true? But not really. The reason they're mostly familiars is because there's a lot of familiars to get. There's also some really cool apparel (and recolors of that apparel show up in Baldwin and both treasure and gem MP's), including the items that I see you have in your avatar image. And there are a few vistas available, and the rare chance of getting a Nocturne egg or breed-change scroll. The vistas tend to be the least desirable items, actually.
Personally I love the familiars lol. And the general Hallow-mas aesthetic of the event. I'm not big on Coli either, so I usually do a challenge of some sort - e.g. get ten chests in each venue before moving on to the next one. I also usually multi-task while I Coli. I always have a Youtube video or something open on the side. But once I get at least one of each new familiar and apparel item (usually a bunch of swap threads pop up where I can trade dupes), I'm satisfied, and I sell/gift all but a few of my Strange Chests. By that time I've often gotten a couple Nocturne eggs, which are nice to have around. Strange Chests can be found via gathering as well, and there are also Swipp trades for them, but the trades involve items that need to be gotten from Coli. Apart from Coli and brewing, there's no method of getting Strange Chests that I would necessarily call ""fun"", but like with a lot of festivals, there will probably be some neat user-run events in the forums.

As for the chests being mostly familiars, that's,,, kind of true? But not really. The reason they're mostly familiars is because there's a lot of familiars to get. There's also some really cool apparel (and recolors of that apparel show up in Baldwin and both treasure and gem MP's), including the items that I see you have in your avatar image. And there are a few vistas available, and the rare chance of getting a Nocturne egg or breed-change scroll. The vistas tend to be the least desirable items, actually.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
brew as much material as possible to make MAD bank

i loveloevlvoe notn bc of the absolutely amazing apparel--its so fricking cool!! grasps are so nice

i know that if you hoard nocturne eggs and then steadily sell them like 3+ months after, you get a lot of money too!! plus like i said before, baldwin mats sell quickly and they rise in price very easily and are steady sellers.

all the new apparel is super fun to mess around with plus theres cute familiars !! :]
brew as much material as possible to make MAD bank

i loveloevlvoe notn bc of the absolutely amazing apparel--its so fricking cool!! grasps are so nice

i know that if you hoard nocturne eggs and then steadily sell them like 3+ months after, you get a lot of money too!! plus like i said before, baldwin mats sell quickly and they rise in price very easily and are steady sellers.

all the new apparel is super fun to mess around with plus theres cute familiars !! :]
Uq1cq4S.png
@leopardmask
I completely forgot my av was wearing those. I must’ve participated last year and forgot? I took a long hiatus, so I wouldn’t remember buying them either. Huh.

So what do you do with the vistas if they’re only needed once and they’re not sell-worthy? Are they hoardsellable? I hope so.

@despairing
What materials do you find sells best? I know reds are needed for chests, somI imagine those. I don’t remember what are used for apparel
@leopardmask
I completely forgot my av was wearing those. I must’ve participated last year and forgot? I took a long hiatus, so I wouldn’t remember buying them either. Huh.

So what do you do with the vistas if they’re only needed once and they’re not sell-worthy? Are they hoardsellable? I hope so.

@despairing
What materials do you find sells best? I know reds are needed for chests, somI imagine those. I don’t remember what are used for apparel
I participate in NoTN mainly for the familiars and apparel. Especially the apparel. I'm a bit of a hoarder and I like collecting everything, and near the end of the event I like swapping for familiars and apparel I don't already have, and selling extras to folks who need them!

I also just really, REALLY like mass opening chests. Especially Strange Chests.
I participate in NoTN mainly for the familiars and apparel. Especially the apparel. I'm a bit of a hoarder and I like collecting everything, and near the end of the event I like swapping for familiars and apparel I don't already have, and selling extras to folks who need them!

I also just really, REALLY like mass opening chests. Especially Strange Chests.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
'Tis a night full of light, an evening of festivities. Chests reign from the spoils of the fallen and the treasures kept within are quite profitable and enjoyable, apparel a plenty; eggs a dozen; familiars play around both hauntingly silly. New vistas reign supreme, a new addition every night.

'Tis a night full of light, an evening of festivities. Chests reign from the spoils of the fallen and the treasures kept within are quite profitable and enjoyable, apparel a plenty; eggs a dozen; familiars play around both hauntingly silly. New vistas reign supreme, a new addition every night.

All NotN chest stuff is hoardsellable, I believe :D I know the vistas are, and I'm pretty sure the apparel and familiars are too (although for apparel and familiars Baldwin is also an option).
All NotN chest stuff is hoardsellable, I believe :D I know the vistas are, and I'm pretty sure the apparel and familiars are too (although for apparel and familiars Baldwin is also an option).
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I tend to brew and mass sell chests/baldwin mats. Grinding in the coli while binging shows some of the time, and also mass purchasing eggs cheap so I can resell later when they go back up in price.

Honestly, I'm a sucker for g1s too, so I tend to snatch quite a few when everyone is hatching all the noc eggs.

Baldwin is def my primary venue for NotN tho
I tend to brew and mass sell chests/baldwin mats. Grinding in the coli while binging shows some of the time, and also mass purchasing eggs cheap so I can resell later when they go back up in price.

Honestly, I'm a sucker for g1s too, so I tend to snatch quite a few when everyone is hatching all the noc eggs.

Baldwin is def my primary venue for NotN tho
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
NotN is Black Friday and Easter egg hunts blended with ChrGiftmas, but there's enough for everyone and no one gets trampled. I love it a lot.
NotN is Black Friday and Easter egg hunts blended with ChrGiftmas, but there's enough for everyone and no one gets trampled. I love it a lot.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I am NotN-aholic. Love it all because it combines the things I love to do most and that’s eggs and opening chest.
If you can handle the read I have a guide all about NotN in my signature that goes over what it is, prep, and what to do for both those that like to coli and those that don’t/can’t.Overall I just love it.
I find those that really gripe about NotN don’t understand the real odds and set unrealistic goals and expectations.
I have tested the stats for chest every year and besides the first it’s stayed pretty consistent. You have the main categories: ~9% for eggs, ~1% for noct scroll, ~4% for gene, ~5% for vista, ~27% for apparel, and ~54% familiars.
Once you get the category your chance of which familiar/vista/apparel you get is another percentage thing with the newer it is the more likely you are to get over past years, having the first year things being the lowest percentage.
With the coli it’s all about how you use your time, your team set up, and venue selection. But I could write pages worth of info on that one, so won’t go there unless really want to know. I like to do all sorts of challenges to make things interesting and fun.

If you are looking at just profit margins, selling chest/trading will net you more especially the first few days when prices are at their highest. Brewing chest is a toss up whether or not more profit from selling the main mats and brew apparel/familiars instead.
I am NotN-aholic. Love it all because it combines the things I love to do most and that’s eggs and opening chest.
If you can handle the read I have a guide all about NotN in my signature that goes over what it is, prep, and what to do for both those that like to coli and those that don’t/can’t.Overall I just love it.
I find those that really gripe about NotN don’t understand the real odds and set unrealistic goals and expectations.
I have tested the stats for chest every year and besides the first it’s stayed pretty consistent. You have the main categories: ~9% for eggs, ~1% for noct scroll, ~4% for gene, ~5% for vista, ~27% for apparel, and ~54% familiars.
Once you get the category your chance of which familiar/vista/apparel you get is another percentage thing with the newer it is the more likely you are to get over past years, having the first year things being the lowest percentage.
With the coli it’s all about how you use your time, your team set up, and venue selection. But I could write pages worth of info on that one, so won’t go there unless really want to know. I like to do all sorts of challenges to make things interesting and fun.

If you are looking at just profit margins, selling chest/trading will net you more especially the first few days when prices are at their highest. Brewing chest is a toss up whether or not more profit from selling the main mats and brew apparel/familiars instead.
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png