Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | realtalk: double posting on fr?
1 2 3
Despite FR not being my first forum experience by a long shot this was the first time I had heard about double posting. Hahaha. So in my experience it obviously has never been an issue.

I find that double posting can be good for keeping things organized, especially since there can be links between different posts. It's nice to make a table of contents that way. It can also add comedic timing or breaks between thoughts or ideas. I suppose there are other way to do that within a post, but two separate posts look really clean to me.

That being said it can look cluttered, be spammy, or be annoying to look at pretty often too. I think it all depends on the context of the situation.

I mostly edit instead of double posting because I find that to be easier. But I think the "edited at XX/XX/XX" tag bothers me as much as a double post. Hahaha. So I guess not that much but enough that I notice.
Despite FR not being my first forum experience by a long shot this was the first time I had heard about double posting. Hahaha. So in my experience it obviously has never been an issue.

I find that double posting can be good for keeping things organized, especially since there can be links between different posts. It's nice to make a table of contents that way. It can also add comedic timing or breaks between thoughts or ideas. I suppose there are other way to do that within a post, but two separate posts look really clean to me.

That being said it can look cluttered, be spammy, or be annoying to look at pretty often too. I think it all depends on the context of the situation.

I mostly edit instead of double posting because I find that to be easier. But I think the "edited at XX/XX/XX" tag bothers me as much as a double post. Hahaha. So I guess not that much but enough that I notice.
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
Man I double post a lot tbh. But I'm in the boat of being somewhat uncomfortable with it? FR is the first forum site that I have actively participated in. I used to be terrified of forums. They seemed strict and controlling while I was very out and open with everything. I get uncomfortable when I double post outside of bumps, but usually it happens because I'm trying to engage in a discussion thread with people. Even though I triple check before I post, someone tends to post right as I send my message. Because I don't like to just skip people I tend to post again. I'm trying to get into edits more but I also get anxious it makes other people seem like they're an afterthought? Sometimes my forum anxiety gets the best of me.
Man I double post a lot tbh. But I'm in the boat of being somewhat uncomfortable with it? FR is the first forum site that I have actively participated in. I used to be terrified of forums. They seemed strict and controlling while I was very out and open with everything. I get uncomfortable when I double post outside of bumps, but usually it happens because I'm trying to engage in a discussion thread with people. Even though I triple check before I post, someone tends to post right as I send my message. Because I don't like to just skip people I tend to post again. I'm trying to get into edits more but I also get anxious it makes other people seem like they're an afterthought? Sometimes my forum anxiety gets the best of me.
vDH0pGc.png
@vihuff yeah! what you're saying makes total sense and i get that :D your method is totally valid!

@ToxieToxie thank you so much! i just pinged mada since they were here in the thread before ^^; i appreciate the clarification! <3
@vihuff yeah! what you're saying makes total sense and i get that :D your method is totally valid!

@ToxieToxie thank you so much! i just pinged mada since they were here in the thread before ^^; i appreciate the clarification! <3
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
I didn't even know people getting ****** about double posting was a thing. Though, the only forums I've been on before this were the Neopets forums, and those were an experience all their own.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it? I think a big long post with a bunch of edit notes in it looks a lot clunkier than two posts responding to two different things, just in an organization sense.
I didn't even know people getting ****** about double posting was a thing. Though, the only forums I've been on before this were the Neopets forums, and those were an experience all their own.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it? I think a big long post with a bunch of edit notes in it looks a lot clunkier than two posts responding to two different things, just in an organization sense.
my first forum experience was on a site that didn't like double posts too. I rarely see the need to do them here, except for bumping. still felt weird to bump threads the first few times, that "don't you dare post again before 24 hours have gone by" mentality really stuck with me. (and that site was really strict with this rule, you could post after 23 hours, it would get deleted and you'd get a salty pm)
my first forum experience was on a site that didn't like double posts too. I rarely see the need to do them here, except for bumping. still felt weird to bump threads the first few times, that "don't you dare post again before 24 hours have gone by" mentality really stuck with me. (and that site was really strict with this rule, you could post after 23 hours, it would get deleted and you'd get a salty pm)
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
1 2 3