Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's the Deal With Unhatched Eggs?
1 2 3
[quote name="Valemora" date="2019-08-20 09:05:50" ] Selling is way more profitable, really. Even doubles go for slightly higher than the egg price, and the chances of getting one aren't very high (around 1%?..), with XYX being much less desirable. Most of the XYZs end up as fodder eventually. Though there is a certain appeal in hatching eggs, it's like a lottery :D I basically do the same with scatterscrolls for my oldies. [/quote] Saw an xxy sold for 25kg the other day.. made me do a double take. Not sure why it sold for so much, it was bright friggin red lol Lucky hatch for someone though. Me, I don't get lucky, I make my own fortune.
Valemora wrote on 2019-08-20 09:05:50:
Selling is way more profitable, really. Even doubles go for slightly higher than the egg price, and the chances of getting one aren't very high (around 1%?..), with XYX being much less desirable. Most of the XYZs end up as fodder eventually.

Though there is a certain appeal in hatching eggs, it's like a lottery :D I basically do the same with scatterscrolls for my oldies.
Saw an xxy sold for 25kg the other day.. made me do a double take. Not sure why it sold for so much, it was bright friggin red lol

Lucky hatch for someone though.

Me, I don't get lucky, I make my own fortune.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
The no parents thing is a big part of the aesthetic.

Plus with the fact all of the unhatched eggs give you a triple basic with completely randomized colors. A lot of people consider making gen 1s look pretty to be a sign of extreme dedication and wealth. You can't just breed them for good colors, so good colored gen 1s are highly sought after! Especially if it's a double or a triple.

And there's always the hibernal den too lol
The no parents thing is a big part of the aesthetic.

Plus with the fact all of the unhatched eggs give you a triple basic with completely randomized colors. A lot of people consider making gen 1s look pretty to be a sign of extreme dedication and wealth. You can't just breed them for good colors, so good colored gen 1s are highly sought after! Especially if it's a double or a triple.

And there's always the hibernal den too lol
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I would say that I can’t see the appeal, but I’ve hatched a good few eggs before. I find it a bit like a “you know what? Why not?” kind of thing, and to see what happens. I don’t have and mostly likely will never have a very heavily G1 lair, but the ones I do have I love like any other dragon, just a little more expensive. Generally I’m actually more willing to hatch an egg than to buy a G1 off the AH (if I do, it’ll most likely have a specific necessity to be a G1) because if they’re a mess, at least they’re MY mess, and oftentimes I’ll just sell them off as fodder if I got unlucky. For bought G1s, unless they’re very specific ones I’m looking for then it just seems pointlessly expensive - I could breed that dragon for a good amount less than regeneing them from scratch.

Basically, eggs are fun when you feel like indulging, and G1s gotta be special. Don’t sink too much money in them if you aren’t 10000% sure you won’t regret it.
I would say that I can’t see the appeal, but I’ve hatched a good few eggs before. I find it a bit like a “you know what? Why not?” kind of thing, and to see what happens. I don’t have and mostly likely will never have a very heavily G1 lair, but the ones I do have I love like any other dragon, just a little more expensive. Generally I’m actually more willing to hatch an egg than to buy a G1 off the AH (if I do, it’ll most likely have a specific necessity to be a G1) because if they’re a mess, at least they’re MY mess, and oftentimes I’ll just sell them off as fodder if I got unlucky. For bought G1s, unless they’re very specific ones I’m looking for then it just seems pointlessly expensive - I could breed that dragon for a good amount less than regeneing them from scratch.

Basically, eggs are fun when you feel like indulging, and G1s gotta be special. Don’t sink too much money in them if you aren’t 10000% sure you won’t regret it.
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
I love that I read the title in a Jerry Seinfeld voice
I love that I read the title in a Jerry Seinfeld voice
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
1 2 3