Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | pronunciation
1 2 3
Yep Gah-oh-ler it is, too late to correct me now. Besides, I dislike the idea of naming a breed after a job, so not gonna say it that way for more than one reason. XD
Yep Gah-oh-ler it is, too late to correct me now. Besides, I dislike the idea of naming a breed after a job, so not gonna say it that way for more than one reason. XD
I started out saying Go-ahl-er, but knew I was switching the A and the O around, so actively tried to switch to Gay-owe-ler. Only to now find out it's JAILER. So now I'm just saying Gail-er because my brain definitely doesn't read the G as a J. [center][emoji=gaoler confused size=2][/center]
I started out saying Go-ahl-er, but knew I was switching the A and the O around, so actively tried to switch to Gay-owe-ler. Only to now find out it's JAILER. So now I'm just saying Gail-er because my brain definitely doesn't read the G as a J.
dclp0zi-21bfdc8c-3865-4801-86ba-7acf107399cc-1.png -- - Tru
- She / Her
- Dragon Lover

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
luckily my masters degree is in criminology, so i’ve been exposed to the word gaol a lot before now. guess it fits the whole ancient theme pretty well since gaol is just an archaic word for jail. plus i love these new babies *A*
luckily my masters degree is in criminology, so i’ve been exposed to the word gaol a lot before now. guess it fits the whole ancient theme pretty well since gaol is just an archaic word for jail. plus i love these new babies *A*
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmwupsoW1qiwi8o_75sq.gif
tumblr_inline_nswmwy13CV1qiwi8o_75sq.gif
iCh9nTU.gifclan stardreamywv50PG.gif
w0IsqjS.gif
lyrium - late 20s - east usa
pillowfort @gloom
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o2_100.gif
I flit between different versions! I always read it as Gai-oh-ler, but I've been trying to hold back from saying gay-o-ler all day
I flit between different versions! I always read it as Gai-oh-ler, but I've been trying to hold back from saying gay-o-ler all day
5C5FJH0.gif

Fuzzy
He/him
FR+3

AAaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaA
I keep reading/pronouncing it as Gow-ler (kinda like cow-ler??)
I keep reading/pronouncing it as Gow-ler (kinda like cow-ler??)
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
Gah-ow-ler

English is the worst.
Gah-ow-ler

English is the worst.
Im back
It's been literally years since I learned how to properly pronounce this word and still my brain refuses.
It's been literally years since I learned how to properly pronounce this word and still my brain refuses.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
i get that jail was spelled as gaol back in the day and thus the pronunciation, but i too pronounce it gow-ler it's where the word 'gallows' comes from [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OO3HC8l4xEw/UlJsMcuHNDI/AAAAAAAAM7o/UaXybR7wOSc/s1600/2013-10-03+01.22.57.jpg[/img] [img]https://salemwitchmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Salem-Jail-Sign-800x800.jpg[/img]
i get that jail was spelled as gaol back in the day and thus the pronunciation, but i too pronounce it gow-ler

it's where the word 'gallows' comes from

2013-10-03+01.22.57.jpg

Salem-Jail-Sign-800x800.jpg
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
Then there's me with 'Gayler' just because someone in the discord server said it and now it's just in my brain.
Then there's me with 'Gayler' just because someone in the discord server said it and now it's just in my brain.
Every time I read it, my brain spits out "gow-ler." I don't think I'll ever get the hang of pronouncing it as "jail-er"
Every time I read it, my brain spits out "gow-ler." I don't think I'll ever get the hang of pronouncing it as "jail-er"
FTuaU7Y.png
1 2 3