Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clan Names?
1 2 3 4 5
originally i just called it 'the bungalow' because hehe username match but now i'm thinking more like:
The Lost BalloonsTM
because i always seen my lair as made of bamboo and attached to a couple giant air balloons or something similar (like the ones you see in the world map for wind) and the lair is almost always aimlessly drifting somewhere
also because i see my dragons as outcasts/rejects/wanderers or very lost dragons who find themselves wandering from place to place until they somehow wind up here
originally i just called it 'the bungalow' because hehe username match but now i'm thinking more like:
The Lost BalloonsTM
because i always seen my lair as made of bamboo and attached to a couple giant air balloons or something similar (like the ones you see in the world map for wind) and the lair is almost always aimlessly drifting somewhere
also because i see my dragons as outcasts/rejects/wanderers or very lost dragons who find themselves wandering from place to place until they somehow wind up here
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
G?nsh?ng, or Ganshang, is Chinese for ' Goo ' (pronounced G-An-shAIng) is the name if my soon to be Shadow clan.
G?nsh?ng, or Ganshang, is Chinese for ' Goo ' (pronounced G-An-shAIng) is the name if my soon to be Shadow clan.
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
I didn't have a name for clan for quite a while, but with BotE my clan had lost their home and had been forced to move. I like white sand beaches and found out about the glowing beaches of Maldives, so I decided to name my clan Silver Shore.
I didn't have a name for clan for quite a while, but with BotE my clan had lost their home and had been forced to move. I like white sand beaches and found out about the glowing beaches of Maldives, so I decided to name my clan Silver Shore.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
sunlit shore

because my clan's on shores of light, next to the ocean. it was just that simple for me. i don't have lore really lol. i like the alliteration, too.
sunlit shore

because my clan's on shores of light, next to the ocean. it was just that simple for me. i don't have lore really lol. i like the alliteration, too.
yzUX307.png
my clan is the seafire clan
mostly because that's the leaders name and I was torn weather i should pledge alligence to the flamecaller or the tidelord

my clan is the seafire clan
mostly because that's the leaders name and I was torn weather i should pledge alligence to the flamecaller or the tidelord

It's PhEOnix404 not PhOEnix404

RM5UN.gif
It's literally just Shade's Clan. Because Shade is my custom progen's name, who is the founder of the clan!
It's literally just Shade's Clan. Because Shade is my custom progen's name, who is the founder of the clan!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I didn't have a name for my clan until I hatched a Nature egg and kept the G1, eventually I decided to name my clan after her [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24588132] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/245882/24588132.png[/img] [/url]
I didn't have a name for my clan until I hatched a Nature egg and kept the G1, eventually I decided to name my clan after her
24588132.png
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
[size=2]After moving from Arcane to Ice, I picked the clan name [i]Petrified Winds[/i] and it just stuck! c: But honestly I haven't really put much thought into it beyond "this sounds cool!" hahah I suppose because the clan resides near the Fortress of Ends, they might have named themselves after the freezing winds that could petrify dragons not equipped to live so high up in the mountains (i.e. it's a common phenomenon that a dragon's wings and limbs will become frozen/literally petrified if they are exposed to the elements for too long). The name could also imply that dragons who run into the clan will initially become petrified from fear or astonishment, which is a bit self indulgent/egoistic but aligns with Morana's (clan leader) attitude about how highly she thinks of her clan. Symbolically, wind represents power, unpredictability, and the vital breath of life, and evidently in some cases, wind serve as a messenger of the gods and can indicate the presence of divinity. Again aligning with Morana's high standards for her clan that revolves around power/strength/and forging their own paths that may not align with the paths created by fate/Gods. So putting that all together, the title [i]Petrified Winds[/i] could symbolically stand for the clan's objective of stopping/ending/changing/being in control of their own fates, which makes sense as many of the members were on paths of self-destruction/discovery/running away from their fates and were enlightened by the strength of self reliance/resistance that Morana portrayed... I rambled on a bit, but this have totally put me in the mood of writing out more about my clan's values and beliefs! [emoji=guardian star]
After moving from Arcane to Ice, I picked the clan name Petrified Winds and it just stuck! c: But honestly I haven't really put much thought into it beyond "this sounds cool!" hahah

I suppose because the clan resides near the Fortress of Ends, they might have named themselves after the freezing winds that could petrify dragons not equipped to live so high up in the mountains (i.e. it's a common phenomenon that a dragon's wings and limbs will become frozen/literally petrified if they are exposed to the elements for too long).

The name could also imply that dragons who run into the clan will initially become petrified from fear or astonishment, which is a bit self indulgent/egoistic but aligns with Morana's (clan leader) attitude about how highly she thinks of her clan. Symbolically, wind represents power, unpredictability, and the vital breath of life, and evidently in some cases, wind serve as a messenger of the gods and can indicate the presence of divinity. Again aligning with Morana's high standards for her clan that revolves around power/strength/and forging their own paths that may not align with the paths created by fate/Gods.

So putting that all together, the title Petrified Winds could symbolically stand for the clan's objective of stopping/ending/changing/being in control of their own fates, which makes sense as many of the members were on paths of self-destruction/discovery/running away from their fates and were enlightened by the strength of self reliance/resistance that Morana portrayed...

I rambled on a bit, but this have totally put me in the mood of writing out more about my clan's values and beliefs!
sleepytroll.gif
Mine is Realm of Brine-Flecked Spires.
Pretty self explanatory.
Mine is Realm of Brine-Flecked Spires.
Pretty self explanatory.
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
Dreamscape Heights.

Although my clan has a variety of members, we're on a giant floating rock and the majority of everyone is a dreamer, since this clan was created in Arcane.
Dreamscape Heights.

Although my clan has a variety of members, we're on a giant floating rock and the majority of everyone is a dreamer, since this clan was created in Arcane.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 3 4 5