Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you put exalting into your lore?
1 2 3 4
Well, this is what my profile says: exalting is part of my lore
Quote:
My Tundra progens were not suitable for each other so they found new mates and now all four of them lead Clan Dovah. The Four are kind-hearted souls that make sure every dragon that joins the clan are happy for the length of the time that they stay. Some dragons stay forever and some stay long enough for Belvahney and Belevgir or Summer and Autumn to give them the training they need to serve Gladekeeper well.

No matter how long they stay in Clan Dovah, they will always smell like a friendship.
Well, this is what my profile says: exalting is part of my lore
Quote:
My Tundra progens were not suitable for each other so they found new mates and now all four of them lead Clan Dovah. The Four are kind-hearted souls that make sure every dragon that joins the clan are happy for the length of the time that they stay. Some dragons stay forever and some stay long enough for Belvahney and Belevgir or Summer and Autumn to give them the training they need to serve Gladekeeper well.

No matter how long they stay in Clan Dovah, they will always smell like a friendship.
They mysteriously disappear and the clan counts them as dead. It's less of an honor/sacrifice in our clan and more a word to describe mysterious disappearances.
They mysteriously disappear and the clan counts them as dead. It's less of an honor/sacrifice in our clan and more a word to describe mysterious disappearances.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
A fair amount of my dragons are religious, so they'll serve Glittermama of their own accord or because they were raised to think that serving the Lightweaver is the highest honor.

One of my dragons is hurt by it in particular, but that was his best friend leaving, so it's understandable. He's coping, though.
A fair amount of my dragons are religious, so they'll serve Glittermama of their own accord or because they were raised to think that serving the Lightweaver is the highest honor.

One of my dragons is hurt by it in particular, but that was his best friend leaving, so it's understandable. He's coping, though.
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
My progen Yarrow's kids were exalted. I use them in lore as rivals who were the downfall of one another. One disappeared, while the other was killed. Not really to do with exalting, but. y'know
My progen Yarrow's kids were exalted. I use them in lore as rivals who were the downfall of one another. One disappeared, while the other was killed. Not really to do with exalting, but. y'know
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
It honestly depends for my clan. Sometimes, the dragon in question is leaving to make their own clan, which, due to the background of my own clan's origins, is seen as being as honorable as exaltation (hence why they appear on the pedestal). I like this one a lot personally because I've seen other players exalt one of their progens, then purchase a more suitable mate from the AH when they get the treasure for it, so it just makes me feel like this is (theoretically) a valid headcanon, and I feel less guilty about exalting them in the process, even though they obviously don't go to another player. Most of the time, however, the dragon in question is written off as having been killed (for angst reasons, like with a mate), or simply disappearing and running away from my clan for whatever reason. [Edit]: However, there are some exceptions that I just realized as I clicked submit. When it comes to offspring, I chalk their exaltation as either going straight to the deity in question, or as 'adopted' nests. This is purely for lore, since I have some dragons that I breed for the sake of having fodder, but don't headcanon them as successful parents as a result. Since my clan's nests are guarded and taken care off by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=29503&tab=dragon&did=647802]Zillo, my clan's Broodmother,[/url] I like to headcanon that the parents made the eggs for whatever reason (either for them to be exalted for the glory of their deity, or just so that they can spread their genes/lineage), and the hatchlings are then taken care of by her until they reach maturity. It's a constant, almost neverending job, but she loves doing it with all of her motherly heart. [emoji=ridgeback laughing]
It honestly depends for my clan. Sometimes, the dragon in question is leaving to make their own clan, which, due to the background of my own clan's origins, is seen as being as honorable as exaltation (hence why they appear on the pedestal). I like this one a lot personally because I've seen other players exalt one of their progens, then purchase a more suitable mate from the AH when they get the treasure for it, so it just makes me feel like this is (theoretically) a valid headcanon, and I feel less guilty about exalting them in the process, even though they obviously don't go to another player.

Most of the time, however, the dragon in question is written off as having been killed (for angst reasons, like with a mate), or simply disappearing and running away from my clan for whatever reason.

[Edit]: However, there are some exceptions that I just realized as I clicked submit. When it comes to offspring, I chalk their exaltation as either going straight to the deity in question, or as 'adopted' nests. This is purely for lore, since I have some dragons that I breed for the sake of having fodder, but don't headcanon them as successful parents as a result.

Since my clan's nests are guarded and taken care off by Zillo, my clan's Broodmother, I like to headcanon that the parents made the eggs for whatever reason (either for them to be exalted for the glory of their deity, or just so that they can spread their genes/lineage), and the hatchlings are then taken care of by her until they reach maturity. It's a constant, almost neverending job, but she loves doing it with all of her motherly heart.
w7Z8MA5.png
So far, all of my progens' kids were either exalted or put on Choose Your Egg. Dagger was exalted as well. Only one doesn't end up dying.
,,,one might be alive as well, i haven't decided.

Lilac went off to find Allein and Mayday after they went missing. She returned with only Mayday to prove it. She later tried to look for Allein, Mayday's son. She has never returned, and the clan presumes she died on the way. Sickness? Starvation? Battle? We'll never know.

Myste left on a hunting patrol. They were ambushed by a rival clan. Myste was the only one killed, and the rest were wounded.

Dagger was the only one that was canonically exalted. She was taught the history of the Arcanist, and was the only one of her siblings who wanted to serve the Arcanist when she grew older. When she was fully grown, she left by herself to serve her elemental god. She misses her sisters, but overall enjoys her life.

There's also another hatchling I exalted after auctions I held for her expired, and I was running out of space in my lair. I like to imagine she died young.

Citrine is extremely sad about losing her first set of kids. She's upset she couldn't do anything to help them, and wishes she went with her daughter or son. That way, at least she could say goodbye.

Tl;DR: sometimes they're dead, others they're actually exalted.
So far, all of my progens' kids were either exalted or put on Choose Your Egg. Dagger was exalted as well. Only one doesn't end up dying.
,,,one might be alive as well, i haven't decided.

Lilac went off to find Allein and Mayday after they went missing. She returned with only Mayday to prove it. She later tried to look for Allein, Mayday's son. She has never returned, and the clan presumes she died on the way. Sickness? Starvation? Battle? We'll never know.

Myste left on a hunting patrol. They were ambushed by a rival clan. Myste was the only one killed, and the rest were wounded.

Dagger was the only one that was canonically exalted. She was taught the history of the Arcanist, and was the only one of her siblings who wanted to serve the Arcanist when she grew older. When she was fully grown, she left by herself to serve her elemental god. She misses her sisters, but overall enjoys her life.

There's also another hatchling I exalted after auctions I held for her expired, and I was running out of space in my lair. I like to imagine she died young.

Citrine is extremely sad about losing her first set of kids. She's upset she couldn't do anything to help them, and wishes she went with her daughter or son. That way, at least she could say goodbye.

Tl;DR: sometimes they're dead, others they're actually exalted.
sh5xjiu.pnglYb2AyL.pngJvUa9ma.png
WI7lnRZ.pngYMPbu9R.png0TXmqsz.png
?89J86=party_oras.png
My dragons go to dragon Valhalla
That’s why I level them first, so that they can be worthy warriors >_<
My dragons go to dragon Valhalla
That’s why I level them first, so that they can be worthy warriors >_<
OjYCOIV.png BiXaltQ.gif
Exalting is like sending the dragons to war for me.

Like, you send them "to the service of the Shadowbinder", you get paid cash for sending your dragons to service said deities and exalting is mostly tied to dom battles which is measured by the dragons levels (skill) and the side with the overall best skill (with account for each element size to make it fair) wins the battle and gets the spoils (aka the gathering extra and deals)

I always assumed exalting was serving dragons off to battle and that was lore wised it? Surprised its not a common though.
And not like 'war' war battles, more like bragging rights and small amount of benefits of having the most devoted people. Do people not see the deities as real life overpowered dragons that exist in this realm?

Like, you send them "to the service of the Shadowbinder", you get paid cash for sending your dragons to service said deities and exalting is mostly tied to dom battles which is measured by the dragons levels (skill) and the side with the overall best skill (with account for each element size to make it fair) wins the battle and gets the spoils (aka the gathering extra and deals)

I always assumed exalting was serving dragons off to battle and that was lore wised it? Surprised its not a common though.
And not like 'war' war battles, more like bragging rights and small amount of benefits of having the most devoted people. Do people not see the deities as real life overpowered dragons that exist in this realm?
Like most people on here it's a mix. If I send my own babies off to the Arcanist, it's to be one of his scholars (or warriors, depending on their personality, but mostly scholars). If I'm participating in a push, the lore is that my trainer seeks out lost dragons with no purpose in their lives and offers them a chance to become warriors for the Arcanist, leveling them up and then sending them off (very military recruiter-ish). My clan is then rewarded with cash for their trouble/service by the Arcanist's military leaders. Basically we're bringing them new blood as well as saving them some training.

Sometimes, they're dead. Usually that's if someone else exalts a baby without a name or if it just fits in the lore better. If I sell them as fodder to other people than I usually write them as having traveled/moved in with another clan and sometimes I don't even mention that they've been exalted, though I don't usually add that they write back often or something unless they look to be a permanent part of someone's clan. I have two dragons that it's canon that they ran off. So it's canon that no one knows what happened to them. (spoiler alert: they were exalted XD)
Like most people on here it's a mix. If I send my own babies off to the Arcanist, it's to be one of his scholars (or warriors, depending on their personality, but mostly scholars). If I'm participating in a push, the lore is that my trainer seeks out lost dragons with no purpose in their lives and offers them a chance to become warriors for the Arcanist, leveling them up and then sending them off (very military recruiter-ish). My clan is then rewarded with cash for their trouble/service by the Arcanist's military leaders. Basically we're bringing them new blood as well as saving them some training.

Sometimes, they're dead. Usually that's if someone else exalts a baby without a name or if it just fits in the lore better. If I sell them as fodder to other people than I usually write them as having traveled/moved in with another clan and sometimes I don't even mention that they've been exalted, though I don't usually add that they write back often or something unless they look to be a permanent part of someone's clan. I have two dragons that it's canon that they ran off. So it's canon that no one knows what happened to them. (spoiler alert: they were exalted XD)
B9_L2.pngiSuPyTT.pngo82-d4-Nrogara.pngm29-02-book.pngyK9tsxy.pngbibrHzP.pngo82-d3-Nrogara.pngB9_R2.pngm30-01-book.pngo82-d2-Nrogara.pnguisysIG.pngoKTlA9t.pngm29-04-book.pngT16.pngm30-02-book.pngWkyw2V9.png
they are sent to the war between the deities, however this has multiple meanings: A) they become energy to fuel their deity, so yes they die but its a voluntary choice (most of the time) to become an exaltee. This dragons are highly respected and honored (at least in my clan) B) they work under the deity, spreading messages to the clans, doing paperwork, preparing coffe ..etc [quote name="@chocomonster" date="2019-03-28 20:16:41" ] Exalting is like sending the dragons to war for me. Like, you send them "to the service of the Shadowbinder", you get paid cash for sending your dragons to service said deities and exalting is mostly tied to dom battles which is measured by the dragons levels (skill) and the side with the overall best skill (with account for each element size to make it fair) wins the battle and gets the spoils (aka the gathering extra and deals) [/quote] I really like this idea as well :0
they are sent to the war between the deities, however this has multiple meanings:

A) they become energy to fuel their deity, so yes they die but its a voluntary choice (most of the time) to become an exaltee. This dragons are highly respected and honored (at least in my clan)
B) they work under the deity, spreading messages to the clans, doing paperwork, preparing coffe ..etc
@chocomonster wrote on 2019-03-28 20:16:41:

I really like this idea as well :0
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
1 2 3 4