Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weird ways to make income on FR?
1 2 3
Coli grind
Coli grind
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
If you want mindless and menial, Glimmer & Gloom is the way to go. That's 75kt every day, 4kt at a time.

Thanks to this YouTube guide, it takes me maybe... half an hour to get all the gold I can from G&G, now? I usually will listen to a podcast like The Adventure Zone or Last Podcast on the Left while I do it.

The routine for me now is just:

clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick, figure out the binary, check video, clickclickclickclickclickclickclick, check video again, clickclickclickclickclick, check again, clickclickclickclickclickclick and done, give me my shiny moneys, please. Repeat.

After I found this video, a game of G&G for me never lasts more than 2 1/2 minutes at a time. At 4k a pop, that's roughly 19 games, That's about ~45 minutes at the worst, but most of my games now are 1 1/2 minutes now that I'm used to it.

I mean, there are definitely other ways to supplement your income like everyone here is suggesting, but a lot of that involves peopling, and I've been on FR long enough that I don't particularly trust a lot of people to stay around, so building lasting connections is a whole lot of work. Coliseum grinding is a good source of income, but it can fluctuate. With G&G, you're guaranteed the same income, day to day, with no variation.
If you want mindless and menial, Glimmer & Gloom is the way to go. That's 75kt every day, 4kt at a time.

Thanks to this YouTube guide, it takes me maybe... half an hour to get all the gold I can from G&G, now? I usually will listen to a podcast like The Adventure Zone or Last Podcast on the Left while I do it.

The routine for me now is just:

clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick, figure out the binary, check video, clickclickclickclickclickclickclick, check video again, clickclickclickclickclick, check again, clickclickclickclickclickclick and done, give me my shiny moneys, please. Repeat.

After I found this video, a game of G&G for me never lasts more than 2 1/2 minutes at a time. At 4k a pop, that's roughly 19 games, That's about ~45 minutes at the worst, but most of my games now are 1 1/2 minutes now that I'm used to it.

I mean, there are definitely other ways to supplement your income like everyone here is suggesting, but a lot of that involves peopling, and I've been on FR long enough that I don't particularly trust a lot of people to stay around, so building lasting connections is a whole lot of work. Coliseum grinding is a good source of income, but it can fluctuate. With G&G, you're guaranteed the same income, day to day, with no variation.
1. Renting nests. Find a nest rental group/thread to advertise with, and ask for tips rather than a fee, plus offer to keep any unwanted hatchlings for naming+fodder selling/exalting. I don't recommend charging a fee because there's a large fee-free nest renting community already, but I'm constantly surprised by people's generosity in tipping.

2. As others have said, sell fodder. No coli required. Buy five common dragon pairs, open all five of your nests, and keep them rolling through. Sell at the bottom market price for hatchlings. Small change, but adds up nicely over time for minimal effort, just some nest incubating and auction house listing.

3. The Hibernal Lair unlock challenges has created weird market bubbles for previously useless materials. If you have 'em, sell 'em!

4. My biggest recommendation: sell Baldwin mats. Even common goops sell really well at times, especially during festivals when they contribute towards festival currency, and during events. You don't even need a high level cauldron if you're just selling mats. Throw something in every half hour, build some stock, AH.

1. Renting nests. Find a nest rental group/thread to advertise with, and ask for tips rather than a fee, plus offer to keep any unwanted hatchlings for naming+fodder selling/exalting. I don't recommend charging a fee because there's a large fee-free nest renting community already, but I'm constantly surprised by people's generosity in tipping.

2. As others have said, sell fodder. No coli required. Buy five common dragon pairs, open all five of your nests, and keep them rolling through. Sell at the bottom market price for hatchlings. Small change, but adds up nicely over time for minimal effort, just some nest incubating and auction house listing.

3. The Hibernal Lair unlock challenges has created weird market bubbles for previously useless materials. If you have 'em, sell 'em!

4. My biggest recommendation: sell Baldwin mats. Even common goops sell really well at times, especially during festivals when they contribute towards festival currency, and during events. You don't even need a high level cauldron if you're just selling mats. Throw something in every half hour, build some stock, AH.

How about: festival item speculation? Buy when the prices are lower and sell when they're higher.
How about: festival item speculation? Buy when the prices are lower and sell when they're higher.
DQLlbOg.png
Lair statistics, family trees and price tracking.

There's a few people who are curious and/or who want to keep track of how many of each breed/gene/level are in their lair but don't get curious until they end up with dozens of dragons so they never get around to this. Making up a spreadsheet for people to keep updated once you've caught up their data is definitely a niche service but also one that people would pay for.

There's a few different ways players are likely to want family trees done:

All ancestors of a dragon, all descendants of a dragon, full family tree of a dragon, any of the above with exalted/active/inactive lair marked.

Family trees to avoid inbreeding; tracking down the common ancestor of two dragons so the player knows how many further generations to breed out to combine lines.

Family tree software or templates are available for free online but filling them out is fairly painstaking for the average player. I've paid to have this done but both the players sort of quit without finishing for personal reasons.

I would suggest either a per dragon added to the tree fee or an exponential rate increase per generation traced. Depending on the age and how frequently a dragon was bred this could be an easy project or something like this boy who I'd never sneak onto a "track down all offspring" thread.

For price tracking some players are looking for or selling extremely rare items and want to know how the price changes over time or would like a list of prices those things were sold at. This requires a lot of searching through sales threads and/or regular AH checks. Kickstarter items and other retired items generally fall under this.

edit: if you do open a family tree shop please ping me.
Lair statistics, family trees and price tracking.

There's a few people who are curious and/or who want to keep track of how many of each breed/gene/level are in their lair but don't get curious until they end up with dozens of dragons so they never get around to this. Making up a spreadsheet for people to keep updated once you've caught up their data is definitely a niche service but also one that people would pay for.

There's a few different ways players are likely to want family trees done:

All ancestors of a dragon, all descendants of a dragon, full family tree of a dragon, any of the above with exalted/active/inactive lair marked.

Family trees to avoid inbreeding; tracking down the common ancestor of two dragons so the player knows how many further generations to breed out to combine lines.

Family tree software or templates are available for free online but filling them out is fairly painstaking for the average player. I've paid to have this done but both the players sort of quit without finishing for personal reasons.

I would suggest either a per dragon added to the tree fee or an exponential rate increase per generation traced. Depending on the age and how frequently a dragon was bred this could be an easy project or something like this boy who I'd never sneak onto a "track down all offspring" thread.

For price tracking some players are looking for or selling extremely rare items and want to know how the price changes over time or would like a list of prices those things were sold at. This requires a lot of searching through sales threads and/or regular AH checks. Kickstarter items and other retired items generally fall under this.

edit: if you do open a family tree shop please ping me.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Regarding G&G: I recommend learning a couple of the games on the "special" levels (I can solve the hexagons and the light symbol, they seem to be the fastest), and when you get one you don't do, just restart the game. I get my fairground cash in about twenty to thirty minutes just doing the light symbol and the hexagons, it almost never takes over a minute and frequently takes less than 20 seconds, and it rewards 2K/game.

Also secondlng Baldwin mats. My daily income shot right up when I discovered that market!
Regarding G&G: I recommend learning a couple of the games on the "special" levels (I can solve the hexagons and the light symbol, they seem to be the fastest), and when you get one you don't do, just restart the game. I get my fairground cash in about twenty to thirty minutes just doing the light symbol and the hexagons, it almost never takes over a minute and frequently takes less than 20 seconds, and it rewards 2K/game.

Also secondlng Baldwin mats. My daily income shot right up when I discovered that market!
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
You could open cauldron renting for a fee. Especially if you have a high level, lots of people would be willing to pay for you to melt their stuff for them. G&G is also a good suggestion and doesn't take very long at all.
You could open cauldron renting for a fee. Especially if you have a high level, lots of people would be willing to pay for you to melt their stuff for them. G&G is also a good suggestion and doesn't take very long at all.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
OH ALSO, if you are trying to save up, putting as much of your cash into the vault as you can helps a LOT. When you can't make purchases because you have to go get the money from storage, you make far fewer impulse buys... not one for making money, but helps a good deal with saving it up [emoji=tundra laughing]
OH ALSO, if you are trying to save up, putting as much of your cash into the vault as you can helps a LOT. When you can't make purchases because you have to go get the money from storage, you make far fewer impulse buys... not one for making money, but helps a good deal with saving it up
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
selling newborns

edit: ok so being serious here, breed your own fodder. make them plentiful breeds so you dont have to wait long to breed them. once your fodder grows up (5-6 days) coli grind until theyre level 7 and exalt for around 11kt each.
this is a lot more easier if you have a lvl 25, so if you dont then you could sell your fodder on the ah en masse for fodder prices. the floor fluctuates but right now hatchlings are going for 6g which is higher than it has been for several months :)
selling newborns

edit: ok so being serious here, breed your own fodder. make them plentiful breeds so you dont have to wait long to breed them. once your fodder grows up (5-6 days) coli grind until theyre level 7 and exalt for around 11kt each.
this is a lot more easier if you have a lvl 25, so if you dont then you could sell your fodder on the ah en masse for fodder prices. the floor fluctuates but right now hatchlings are going for 6g which is higher than it has been for several months :)
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
It's not weird per se, but if you're willing to ride out the learning curve and the initial slow start, coli grinding/fodder training really is where it's at imo! It's the definition of menial too - coli is the singularly most monotonous thing to do on this website and if it didn't fund literally all of my projects I wouldn't touch it lol
It's not weird per se, but if you're willing to ride out the learning curve and the initial slow start, coli grinding/fodder training really is where it's at imo! It's the definition of menial too - coli is the singularly most monotonous thing to do on this website and if it didn't fund literally all of my projects I wouldn't touch it lol
tumblr_pm57dgUmg91x46ojxo8_250.png iii
calypso
she/her
fr +2
1 2 3