Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Memes You Like vs Those You Don't
1 2 3
I'm only really aware of more recent memes, didn't spend a lot of time on the forums until last year. Like: - [emoji=mirror] (and [emoji=snapper] "Wait. That's illegal.") - What's a Tidelord (I don't like it when people refuse to answer those who don't understand though, it's kinda troll-y) - Press [emoji=eliminate] to pay respects. Dislike: - "Hey Anyone" duplicates (my only problem with them is that they should be in Forum Games but they keep cropping up in FRD) - Licc for Luck
I'm only really aware of more recent memes, didn't spend a lot of time on the forums until last year.

Like:
- (and "Wait. That's illegal.")
- What's a Tidelord (I don't like it when people refuse to answer those who don't understand though, it's kinda troll-y)
- Press to pay respects.

Dislike:
- "Hey Anyone" duplicates (my only problem with them is that they should be in Forum Games but they keep cropping up in FRD)
- Licc for Luck
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
[quote name="Ern" date="2019-02-18 05:59:37" ] It's not FR specific, necessarily, but geez am I sick of the "press f to pay respects" meme. I have no idea why it's made such a resurgence, it's from that one Call of Duty game that released way back in like 2014 and it was a relatively niche meme until a couple months ago. Let dead memes die kids, please. I mostly don't mind the FR specific ones! It seems like they aren't spammed as much as more general memes are. It's helpful that they're generally confined to their own threads. [/quote] Pretty much this. More because it just ends up with threads being spammed with F or the Eliminate emoji and not... any sort of real other comments? Pretty much fine with all the others. [s]what is Water Flight is still my guilty favorite[/s]
Ern wrote on 2019-02-18 05:59:37:
It's not FR specific, necessarily, but geez am I sick of the "press f to pay respects" meme. I have no idea why it's made such a resurgence, it's from that one Call of Duty game that released way back in like 2014 and it was a relatively niche meme until a couple months ago. Let dead memes die kids, please.

I mostly don't mind the FR specific ones! It seems like they aren't spammed as much as more general memes are. It's helpful that they're generally confined to their own threads.

Pretty much this. More because it just ends up with threads being spammed with F or the Eliminate emoji and not... any sort of real other comments? Pretty much fine with all the others.

what is Water Flight is still my guilty favorite
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
I hate licc for luck... Everything else is fun!
I hate licc for luck... Everything else is fun!
an5nAto.png
[quote name="hedjeroo" date="2019-02-18 07:04:13" ] i enjoy any meme in principle; it's the execution that's important [/quote]
hedjeroo wrote on 2019-02-18 07:04:13:
i enjoy any meme in principle; it's the execution that's important
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
I don't really enjoy any of them, in my opinion I think that a majority of the 'fr memes' have been overused and some of them are even a bit spammy. Yet they are overlooked because 'it's a meme so it doesn't matter.' (I'm looking at you [emoji=eliminate].) I try to like them, but when they're used constantly it gets really irritating (which is a problem I have with most memes in general) and not amusing. [quote name="DriftingDream" date="2019-02-18 08:51:27" ] I feel like a lot of the meme threads are really just a way for everyone to boost their post count. [/quote]
I don't really enjoy any of them, in my opinion I think that a majority of the 'fr memes' have been overused and some of them are even a bit spammy. Yet they are overlooked because 'it's a meme so it doesn't matter.' (I'm looking at you .)

I try to like them, but when they're used constantly it gets really irritating (which is a problem I have with most memes in general) and not amusing.
DriftingDream wrote on 2019-02-18 08:51:27:
I feel like a lot of the meme threads are really just a way for everyone to boost their post count.

I dislike most of them, mainly because I find them a little too obnoxious. Many of them are a bit too "loud and randomz" to me and I tend to just faze it out as.. general noise. My brain just filters it away.
In general I dislike the 'licc'-threads, "hey guys I just noticed this...", "Here, hold my dragon" or other similar click-bait-y titled threads.

Most memes can get a chuckle out of me, but constant repetetion and copy-cat threads can remove the fun quickly for me, which is why I rarely interact with them.

I don't mind that other people like it - humor is very subjective - but I do wish some of them were centralized more, like the photalshop thread ^^
Or maybe I am just an old fart
I dislike most of them, mainly because I find them a little too obnoxious. Many of them are a bit too "loud and randomz" to me and I tend to just faze it out as.. general noise. My brain just filters it away.
In general I dislike the 'licc'-threads, "hey guys I just noticed this...", "Here, hold my dragon" or other similar click-bait-y titled threads.

Most memes can get a chuckle out of me, but constant repetetion and copy-cat threads can remove the fun quickly for me, which is why I rarely interact with them.

I don't mind that other people like it - humor is very subjective - but I do wish some of them were centralized more, like the photalshop thread ^^
Or maybe I am just an old fart
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
[quote name="hedjeroo" date="2019-02-18 07:04:13" ] i enjoy any meme in principle; it's the execution that's important [/quote]
:D
ZmzBHMQ.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 SVwGCMX.png
I'm with the people who hate the Fae necks thing, people have been "noticing" it since the beginning and it's not even that bad Some dragons just. have. long necks. Look at the male Ridgebacks, But [i]what if coatl had no leg[/i] (the original thread) is something I enjoyed a lot. I haven't been able to get into photoshop stuff since the original Coatl thread got locked but I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it. The only reason I even have my one Coatl is because of the memes, I don't like the breed much otherwise [emoji=Eliminate] F is also a guilty pleasure of mine but I can see how it would get annoying on a public message board. (sweats) I usually do it on Discord anyway, and I can do a quiet F emoji react instead of just Fs everywhere Edit: [quote name="hedjeroo" date="2019-02-18 07:04:13" ] i enjoy any meme in principle; it's the execution that's important [/quote] ...yeah this is good too
I'm with the people who hate the Fae necks thing, people have been "noticing" it since the beginning and it's not even that bad
Some dragons just. have. long necks. Look at the male Ridgebacks,

But what if coatl had no leg (the original thread) is something I enjoyed a lot. I haven't been able to get into photoshop stuff since the original Coatl thread got locked but I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it. The only reason I even have my one Coatl is because of the memes, I don't like the breed much otherwise

F is also a guilty pleasure of mine but I can see how it would get annoying on a public message board. (sweats)
I usually do it on Discord anyway, and I can do a quiet F emoji react instead of just Fs everywhere

Edit:

...yeah this is good too
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
1 2 3