Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore]Flight Funerary Rituals?
1 2 3 4 5
bury them in the snow one last time
bury them in the snow one last time
Uq1cq4S.png
My clan would probably burn them and use their ashes to grow a flower bed of their favorite color/bury them and plant a tree over them.
My clan would probably burn them and use their ashes to grow a flower bed of their favorite color/bury them and plant a tree over them.
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
[quote name="@Turboblaze" date="2018-11-06 15:04:22" ] eat em gotta survive somehow [/quote] [color=indigo]please tell me you at least seasoned them first you barbarians
@Turboblaze wrote on 2018-11-06 15:04:22:
eat em
gotta survive somehow
please tell me you at least seasoned them first you barbarians
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
[color=7930b5]I haven't really thought about that... Though if my clan were to do something involving funerary rituals, it would probably involve cremation and an upbeat memorial. [quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-11-06 14:57:10" ] I think something like this might be different for each flight! I believe that in Shadow flight, dragons are buried in small graves near the clan's home and are allowed to decompose with the aid of all the local fungi. A shrine may be built near the grave site and decorated with items relevant to the clan and its fallen as a way of honouring them, and clanmates or other dragons may visit this shrine to remember the dead and lay more decorations and offerings. [/quote] [color=7930b5]That is really sweet, and a lovely thought!
I haven't really thought about that... Though if my clan were to do something involving funerary rituals, it would probably involve cremation and an upbeat memorial.

Zhukov wrote on 2018-11-06 14:57:10:
I think something like this might be different for each flight!

I believe that in Shadow flight, dragons are buried in small graves near the clan's home and are allowed to decompose with the aid of all the local fungi. A shrine may be built near the grave site and decorated with items relevant to the clan and its fallen as a way of honouring them, and clanmates or other dragons may visit this shrine to remember the dead and lay more decorations and offerings.
That is really sweet, and a lovely thought!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
I think that my lair would let the dragon or a relative of the dragon choose, like real life. Since my lair is pretty small, they would defiantly have a large thing for one dragon. If a dragon didn't choose or doesn't have any relitives in the lair, they would just burn them and let the wind take them on their "final adventure" either around the shifting expanse or if possible, around all of Sornieth.
I think that my lair would let the dragon or a relative of the dragon choose, like real life. Since my lair is pretty small, they would defiantly have a large thing for one dragon. If a dragon didn't choose or doesn't have any relitives in the lair, they would just burn them and let the wind take them on their "final adventure" either around the shifting expanse or if possible, around all of Sornieth.
vista_wc1.png vista_wc1.png
My Clan would leave them in the sun under a preservation spell for a day to feel the light one last time. After that, rites depend on a dragon's own preferences. Imperials, of course, have their own rites practiced among themselves. Pearlcatchers tend to be more focused on the fate of their pearls than their bodies, and Pearlcatcher families will often have buildings in "graveyards" holding the pearls going back generations. Wind and Fire dragons tend to elect to be cremated, with Wind dragons especially wanting their ashes scattered to the wind. Guardians will often choose to be buried with their Charge if it's an inanimate object or their Charge passed away before them, and many Charges who pass after their Guardian will elect to be buried with them as well.
My Clan would leave them in the sun under a preservation spell for a day to feel the light one last time. After that, rites depend on a dragon's own preferences. Imperials, of course, have their own rites practiced among themselves. Pearlcatchers tend to be more focused on the fate of their pearls than their bodies, and Pearlcatcher families will often have buildings in "graveyards" holding the pearls going back generations. Wind and Fire dragons tend to elect to be cremated, with Wind dragons especially wanting their ashes scattered to the wind. Guardians will often choose to be buried with their Charge if it's an inanimate object or their Charge passed away before them, and many Charges who pass after their Guardian will elect to be buried with them as well.
wq9PoXA.png
I agree with flight specific rites. I'd imagine in Earth we'd lay stone cairns.
I agree with flight specific rites. I'd imagine in Earth we'd lay stone cairns.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
yeeted into space

okay so you know how rocks whoosh upwards in the focal point? lasso the corpse to one of them rocks and bid them adieu
yeeted into space

okay so you know how rocks whoosh upwards in the focal point? lasso the corpse to one of them rocks and bid them adieu
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
[quote name="Macchi" date="2018-11-07 17:02:23" ] yeeted into space okay so you know how rocks whoosh upwards in the focal point? lasso the corpse to one of them rocks and bid them adieu [/quote] I love this omg
Macchi wrote on 2018-11-07 17:02:23:
yeeted into space

I love this omg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bailey
she/her
+0 fr time
x4QiZEg.png
Bc my lair lives in dragonmade-caves embedded into the Carrion Canyon cliffs, I’d say that they lay the body on their nest in their cave and then refill the cave with dirt
Not canon for me but just my idea for my clan burials
Bc my lair lives in dragonmade-caves embedded into the Carrion Canyon cliffs, I’d say that they lay the body on their nest in their cave and then refill the cave with dirt
Not canon for me but just my idea for my clan burials
pa4j.gif _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

Nci3i99.png _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

49zn.gif _ _______________
skye
any pronouns