Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Old vs New Common
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Muxie

Yea, they don't even look like light eyes anymore. Unfortunately none of the other eye options work. Glowing looks wonderful but doesn't fit her aesthetic. :/

I've noticed differences on some of my other dragons, too, one of which I hatched on my birthday and cannot be re-bred for more desirable eyes. Fortunately he still looks pretty good. Meanwhile Eclipse looks way different now. :P

@Muxie

Yea, they don't even look like light eyes anymore. Unfortunately none of the other eye options work. Glowing looks wonderful but doesn't fit her aesthetic. :/

I've noticed differences on some of my other dragons, too, one of which I hatched on my birthday and cannot be re-bred for more desirable eyes. Fortunately he still looks pretty good. Meanwhile Eclipse looks way different now. :P

at first glance I only noticed differences in plague and wind, looking at it closely (mind you, these are baby spirals), I see some kind of difference in everything except nature, earth and water, but in most breeds the differences on the others would be practically invisible, at least for me
at first glance I only noticed differences in plague and wind, looking at it closely (mind you, these are baby spirals), I see some kind of difference in everything except nature, earth and water, but in most breeds the differences on the others would be practically invisible, at least for me
unknown.png
I only notice two differences. The gradient in Plague eyes was flipped, and a very slight change to wind eyes in color.

Perks of having deficient color vision, I guess :d All the other eyes are the exact same shade for me.
I only notice two differences. The gradient in Plague eyes was flipped, and a very slight change to wind eyes in color.

Perks of having deficient color vision, I guess :d All the other eyes are the exact same shade for me.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
It is not just the colors nor is it fair to just comparisons on the baby spirals. There were other differences in the dragons. The lineart itself was changed. And in dressed adults or dragons with actual colors in their genes, it is pretty obvious. I saw it immediately in my lair as did several others. Just....no old pics to show on my end.
It is not just the colors nor is it fair to just comparisons on the baby spirals. There were other differences in the dragons. The lineart itself was changed. And in dressed adults or dragons with actual colors in their genes, it is pretty obvious. I saw it immediately in my lair as did several others. Just....no old pics to show on my end.
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
Here's my contribution: (Thanks to Muxie for the old pic) Old: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=18&wing=32&style=1&gender=1&ages=1&prig=21&secg=20&tert=31&elem=3&tertgene=17&spec=prev.png[/img] New: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=21&breed=1&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=22d6df87d219480be8e4d85c63fd9fd5c791c998&dummyext=prev.png[/img] It's not the shade difference that bugs me. (Though I understand why it bugs some) It's the fact that my dragon now no longer looks as though she has pupils giving her a lifeless/possessed look. This happened to a lot of dragons. If it was just a shade change I'd probably be here if the rest of you saying 'it's not that big of a deal'. As others have said though, the [b]lineart[/b] actually changed on some breeds, as well as how the eyes were actually colored (Tundras, I'm looking at you), not just the shade of the color. That [i]is [/i]a big deal.
Here's my contribution: (Thanks to Muxie for the old pic)

Old:
dragonpic2.php?body=18&wing=32&style=1&gender=1&ages=1&prig=21&secg=20&tert=31&elem=3&tertgene=17&spec=prev.png

New:
dragon?age=1&body=18&bodygene=21&breed=1&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=22d6df87d219480be8e4d85c63fd9fd5c791c998&dummyext=prev.png

It's not the shade difference that bugs me. (Though I understand why it bugs some) It's the fact that my dragon now no longer looks as though she has pupils giving her a lifeless/possessed look. This happened to a lot of dragons. If it was just a shade change I'd probably be here if the rest of you saying 'it's not that big of a deal'.

As others have said though, the lineart actually changed on some breeds, as well as how the eyes were actually colored (Tundras, I'm looking at you), not just the shade of the color. That is a big deal.
@tips18
Oh man, what?? Staff said they would NEVER change lineart! Do you have any images??
@tips18
Oh man, what?? Staff said they would NEVER change lineart! Do you have any images??
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
@Shadria See Ningyo's post on Page five. (emphasis added) [quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-11 10:57:45" ] [list][*]Guardians, Imperials, Ridgebacks, Nocturnes, and Bogsneaks (especially females) lost their eye shading, as well as the [b]lineart [/b]for their iris and pupil.[/list][/quote] And Then [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2456788/6#post_33625999]Muxie's[/url] post on page six to flip back and forth for yourself. You can also somewhat see it in my example.
@Shadria
See Ningyo's post on Page five. (emphasis added)
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-11 10:57:45:
  • Guardians, Imperials, Ridgebacks, Nocturnes, and Bogsneaks (especially females) lost their eye shading, as well as the lineart for their iris and pupil.

And Then Muxie's post on page six to flip back and forth for yourself. You can also somewhat see it in my example.
thanks!

thanks!

frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Oh, the new eyes are definitely different Old: [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZqNYxKi.png[/img] New: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5p3t4lW.png[/img] Ice eyes aren't pure white anymore, they got darker. While the change works with most of my ice dragons, I can't stand it on Nim.
Oh, the new eyes are definitely different

Old:
ZqNYxKi.png

New:
5p3t4lW.png

Ice eyes aren't pure white anymore, they got darker. While the change works with most of my ice dragons, I can't stand it on Nim.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
honestly the differences are pretty subtle. theyre definitely there but theyre small. i can understand not liking them or not wanting change but some people's comments that its completely ruined their dragons, i don't understand.
honestly the differences are pretty subtle. theyre definitely there but theyre small. i can understand not liking them or not wanting change but some people's comments that its completely ruined their dragons, i don't understand.
this is not a forum signature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9