Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Old vs New Common
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have a beef with arcane and lightning eyes only because they both look like they have no gradient. The colors are so alike it doesn't loom like there's a change at all :/
I have a beef with arcane and lightning eyes only because they both look like they have no gradient. The colors are so alike it doesn't loom like there's a change at all :/
photofunky.gif
I'm assuming people's frustration comes from individual ability to recognize variations in color.

I have good color perception and to me, the differences are insignificant except for slight brightness changes.

To someone with tetrachromia, these differences could be extreme and warrant a different placement on the color spectrum
I'm assuming people's frustration comes from individual ability to recognize variations in color.

I have good color perception and to me, the differences are insignificant except for slight brightness changes.

To someone with tetrachromia, these differences could be extreme and warrant a different placement on the color spectrum
Lewyn_updated2.gif
*cough* [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/5df4c80360eaa4b5014eab1f2aa1142e/tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo2_75sq.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/30f17f34cef8ac0fb35131ae9d8d6319/tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo1_75sq.png[/img] (old on the left)
*cough*

tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo2_75sq.pngtumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo1_75sq.png

(old on the left)
tumblr_ouzwu17UiL1soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_ov1iodLFh81soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_p4pz9qCI0N1soddjgo1_100.gif LC9O2h1.png
I think people got all upset because there were inconsistencies with the old eyes and, as a result, grew used to how the eyes looked on different dragons (for example, Ice eyes may look more white on one breed and more blue on the other)

After day 1 I got over the common eye color deal. I don't get why they had to reverse the gradient for some of the eyes -- in those cases, the old eyes look leagues better -- but the others look fine.
I think people got all upset because there were inconsistencies with the old eyes and, as a result, grew used to how the eyes looked on different dragons (for example, Ice eyes may look more white on one breed and more blue on the other)

After day 1 I got over the common eye color deal. I don't get why they had to reverse the gradient for some of the eyes -- in those cases, the old eyes look leagues better -- but the others look fine.
3 hours ahead of FR time
I didn’t even notice they changed to be honest.
I didn’t even notice they changed to be honest.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
I can tell a difference with my Wind Spiral eyes. They do more closely match our banner now because it has hints of yellow in it, but I prefer the old eyes as they were straight up green.

The new eyes are pretty, they just aren't what I wanted when I started breeding metals and green dragons.
I can tell a difference with my Wind Spiral eyes. They do more closely match our banner now because it has hints of yellow in it, but I prefer the old eyes as they were straight up green.

The new eyes are pretty, they just aren't what I wanted when I started breeding metals and green dragons.
@Tangle

Just want to correct some misinformation. Tetrachromia does not show up on a computer screen as it does not provide the correct color information. It would only be a high sensitivity to color that allows someone to see the differences more obviously.. Tetrachromats aren't even guaranteed to have extra color perception because most people don't develop color perception to a point to activate it.
@Tangle

Just want to correct some misinformation. Tetrachromia does not show up on a computer screen as it does not provide the correct color information. It would only be a high sensitivity to color that allows someone to see the differences more obviously.. Tetrachromats aren't even guaranteed to have extra color perception because most people don't develop color perception to a point to activate it.
QOsn8Q8.pngFV7ubHf.png
I can see difference in all the eyes but ice isn't too different? On different breeds of different age the change can be pretty big, like in gilili's spiral girl.

I kinda got over the eye thing after spending all my scrolls just for different colored eyes on the ones that bugged me, but I think in the future it might be a problem?
I can see difference in all the eyes but ice isn't too different? On different breeds of different age the change can be pretty big, like in gilili's spiral girl.

I kinda got over the eye thing after spending all my scrolls just for different colored eyes on the ones that bugged me, but I think in the future it might be a problem?
Kino%20Maplestory.png dk Variant #246484 fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png
WISHLISTAVATAR
Mat | he/it | +0 FR Time
huhohhh dark-dragon-teenager-air-pixel.gif
[quote name="gilili" date="2018-06-11 09:16:01" ] *cough* [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/5df4c80360eaa4b5014eab1f2aa1142e/tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo2_75sq.png[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/30f17f34cef8ac0fb35131ae9d8d6319/tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo1_75sq.png[/img] (old on the left) [/quote] ^^^adult spirals have had a large, dramatic, noticeable change
gilili wrote on 2018-06-11 09:16:01:
*cough*

tumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo2_75sq.pngtumblr_pa62h05Cup1soddjgo1_75sq.png

(old on the left)
^^^adult spirals have had a large, dramatic, noticeable change
The thing is, the colors (as well as pupils, sclera, etc) were different on different breeds, thus it's kind of hard to compare them to the current ones. Baby spirals were hit less by the change than, say, baby mirrors or adult spirals for some colors.
The thing is, the colors (as well as pupils, sclera, etc) were different on different breeds, thus it's kind of hard to compare them to the current ones. Baby spirals were hit less by the change than, say, baby mirrors or adult spirals for some colors.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9