Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Work Place Hazards
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I just thought of something.

I assume that building a reactor on a Ley lines, is what caused there to be a magical surge. Assuming that Ley Lines are basically rivers of magic, and lightning effectively dammed one up.

If that's the case, then when the Magisters travel to investigate the desert, they will almost certainly need to pass though The Windswept Plateau. Which had its winds completely disappear for about a month. This kind of gives lightning at least a month to freely build this reactor, and even that's assuming that traveling though fire won't also cause delays. What with a rebellion happening, I can't imagine it would be easy to travel.(Plus they potentially would be interested in this sudden energy surge and demand to know why they weren't told. )

The other route they can take is though Plague and Water, two elements which have not had a story yet.

I assume that building a reactor on a Ley lines, is what caused there to be a magical surge. Assuming that Ley Lines are basically rivers of magic, and lightning effectively dammed one up.

If that's the case, then when the Magisters travel to investigate the desert, they will almost certainly need to pass though The Windswept Plateau. Which had its winds completely disappear for about a month. This kind of gives lightning at least a month to freely build this reactor, and even that's assuming that traveling though fire won't also cause delays. What with a rebellion happening, I can't imagine it would be easy to travel.(Plus they potentially would be interested in this sudden energy surge and demand to know why they weren't told. )

The other route they can take is though Plague and Water, two elements which have not had a story yet.
I really love how similar Lightning and Fire are, except Fire's lore had the workers getting mad. But they're my two favorite Flights, and I've always imagined that if they didn't get along, they'd have a kind of rivalry, so every similarity between the two is a treasure to me <3
I really love how similar Lightning and Fire are, except Fire's lore had the workers getting mad. But they're my two favorite Flights, and I've always imagined that if they didn't get along, they'd have a kind of rivalry, so every similarity between the two is a treasure to me <3
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
[quote name="IronPen" date="2018-03-12 14:25:59" ] Er, it was years back on the History channel or something, it was one of those series they did about dinosaurs. The plates on a Stegosaurus had to evolve for something so it was speculating on what they could be used for, body heat and cooling was one theory along with mating but I distinctly remember in the show it had a mockup of a Stego getting cornered by predator and it mentioned how another function could be that the veins in the plates between the skin and bone could go red as a threat/warding sign when scared or angry for predators and rivals.....found an article: https://www.thoughtco.com/stegosaurus-plates-on-its-back-1092008 I thought since Snapper wings were vestigial they either have no function other then some body language but then I imagined what if they evolved to work like the plates and Snappers could pump blood into the wings for temp regulation and threat displays. It's only a headcanon but I thought it was cool and the first thought when you mentioned how complex blushing actually is was that instead of the face it was the wings that went red. If his wings were dark colored then it might explain why he's hoping no one notices cause the blood would be less noticeable then if he had pale wings. [/quote] @catgame21234 page 3
IronPen wrote on 2018-03-12 14:25:59:
Er, it was years back on the History channel or something, it was one of those series they did about dinosaurs. The plates on a Stegosaurus had to evolve for something so it was speculating on what they could be used for, body heat and cooling was one theory along with mating but I distinctly remember in the show it had a mockup of a Stego getting cornered by predator and it mentioned how another function could be that the veins in the plates between the skin and bone could go red as a threat/warding sign when scared or angry for predators and rivals.....found an article:
https://www.thoughtco.com/stegosaurus-plates-on-its-back-1092008

I thought since Snapper wings were vestigial they either have no function other then some body language but then I imagined what if they evolved to work like the plates and Snappers could pump blood into the wings for temp regulation and threat displays. It's only a headcanon but I thought it was cool and the first thought when you mentioned how complex blushing actually is was that instead of the face it was the wings that went red. If his wings were dark colored then it might explain why he's hoping no one notices cause the blood would be less noticeable then if he had pale wings.
@catgame21234
page 3
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[quote name="IronPen" date="2018-03-12 14:25:59" ] Er, it was years back on the History channel or something, it was one of those series they did about dinosaurs. The plates on a Stegosaurus had to evolve for something so it was speculating on what they could be used for, body heat and cooling was one theory along with mating but I distinctly remember in the show it had a mockup of a Stego getting cornered by predator and it mentioned how another function could be that the veins in the plates between the skin and bone could go red as a threat/warding sign when scared or angry for predators and rivals.....found an article: https://www.thoughtco.com/stegosaurus-plates-on-its-back-1092008 I thought since Snapper wings were vestigial they either have no function other then some body language but then I imagined what if they evolved to work like the plates and Snappers could pump blood into the wings for temp regulation and threat displays. It's only a headcanon but I thought it was cool and the first thought when you mentioned how complex blushing actually is was that instead of the face it was the wings that went red. If his wings were dark colored then it might explain why he's hoping no one notices cause the blood would be less noticeable then if he had pale wings. [/quote] @catgame21234 page 3
IronPen wrote on 2018-03-12 14:25:59:
Er, it was years back on the History channel or something, it was one of those series they did about dinosaurs. The plates on a Stegosaurus had to evolve for something so it was speculating on what they could be used for, body heat and cooling was one theory along with mating but I distinctly remember in the show it had a mockup of a Stego getting cornered by predator and it mentioned how another function could be that the veins in the plates between the skin and bone could go red as a threat/warding sign when scared or angry for predators and rivals.....found an article:
https://www.thoughtco.com/stegosaurus-plates-on-its-back-1092008

I thought since Snapper wings were vestigial they either have no function other then some body language but then I imagined what if they evolved to work like the plates and Snappers could pump blood into the wings for temp regulation and threat displays. It's only a headcanon but I thought it was cool and the first thought when you mentioned how complex blushing actually is was that instead of the face it was the wings that went red. If his wings were dark colored then it might explain why he's hoping no one notices cause the blood would be less noticeable then if he had pale wings.
@catgame21234
page 3
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[quote name="catgame21234" date="2018-03-12 12:18:09" ] [quote] Chasem’s eye widened[/quote] Eye language is in a [s]bae's[/s] FAEs library of body language[/quote] Chasem is the Snapper, right? (Apologies if this was already mentioned, I'm trying to multitask... ^^")
catgame21234 wrote on 2018-03-12 12:18:09:
Quote:
Chasem’s eye widened
Eye language is in a bae's FAEs library of body language

Chasem is the Snapper, right? (Apologies if this was already mentioned, I'm trying to multitask... ^^")
FooterAds.gif
oops! thank you

lot of C names in this i got them mixed up!
oops! thank you

lot of C names in this i got them mixed up!
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="Kaegro" date="2018-03-12 19:08:02" ] I really love how similar Lightning and Fire are, except Fire's lore had the workers getting mad. But they're my two favorite Flights, and I've always imagined that if they didn't get along, they'd have a kind of rivalry, so every similarity between the two is a treasure to me <3 [/quote]
Kaegro wrote on 2018-03-12 19:08:02:
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
So this is why the elements are rampant...They built a reactor on a magical magic line, and after it exploded, which shook mountains or whatever, magic was released everywhere. Cool. Arcane and lightning stories connected.
So this is why the elements are rampant...They built a reactor on a magical magic line, and after it exploded, which shook mountains or whatever, magic was released everywhere. Cool. Arcane and lightning stories connected.
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
Hmm, since some cacti are psychoactive, I wonder if cactus tea is lighting dragons' equivalent of coffee.
Hmm, since some cacti are psychoactive, I wonder if cactus tea is lighting dragons' equivalent of coffee.
What do Arcane dragons call magical shards? Starbucks.
[quote name="TwilitBard" date="2018-03-12 12:28:42" ] They're recreating the arcanist incident and it DOESN'T SOUND GOOD [quote] "This will be the most grand reactor ever constructed."[/quote] REMEMBER LAST TIME WHEN [s]HUMANS[/s] SECOND-AGERS DID THAT [/quote] I went [i]"........ohhhhhh heck"[/i] when I read that because I was thinking exactly that [quote]I just thought of something. I assume that building a reactor on a Ley lines, is what caused there to be a magical surge. Assuming that Ley Lines are basically rivers of magic, and lightning effectively dammed one up. If that's the case, then when the Magisters travel to investigate the desert, they will almost certainly need to pass though The Windswept Plateau. Which had its winds completely disappear for about a month. This kind of gives lightning at least a month to freely build this reactor, and even that's assuming that traveling though fire won't also cause delays. What with a rebellion happening, I can't imagine it would be easy to travel.(Plus they potentially would be interested in this sudden energy surge and demand to know why they weren't told. ) The other route they can take is though Plague and Water, two elements which have not had a story yet.[/quote] @MidnightWatcher OH HOLY HECK That's got to be it. Hypothesis accepted (until another story reveals otherwise)!
TwilitBard wrote on 2018-03-12 12:28:42:
They're recreating the arcanist incident and it DOESN'T SOUND GOOD
Quote:
"This will be the most grand reactor ever constructed."
REMEMBER LAST TIME WHEN HUMANS SECOND-AGERS DID THAT

I went "........ohhhhhh heck" when I read that

because I was thinking exactly that
Quote:

@MidnightWatcher

OH HOLY HECK

That's got to be it. Hypothesis accepted (until another story reveals otherwise)!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7