Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | here's some dragon population stats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.//cartwheels in

-Sees Jaguar up there-

..Huh. Well then.
.//cartwheels in

-Sees Jaguar up there-

..Huh. Well then.
XOxv5KE.png
This is really cool to see in chart form.
This is really cool to see in chart form.
QFXpYkj.png
@schaadenfreude

This is so cool!!!! Thank you so much for gathering and compiling all this data!!!

I don't know if you've answered this already but how exactly were you guys able to get all the numbers?
@schaadenfreude

This is so cool!!!! Thank you so much for gathering and compiling all this data!!!

I don't know if you've answered this already but how exactly were you guys able to get all the numbers?
wishlist
@Manika
the gathering of the data was not my job. all i did was play around with spreadsheets. but to answer your question: they input the search parameters of dragon gender and 'only active' and 'only exalted' in the dragon search and counted.
@Manika
the gathering of the data was not my job. all i did was play around with spreadsheets. but to answer your question: they input the search parameters of dragon gender and 'only active' and 'only exalted' in the dragon search and counted.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
@schaadenfreude [i]Counted????[/i] I... wow. I applaud their dedication and effort to science and data gathering omg [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/ZU9QbQtuI4Xcc/giphy.gif[/img][/center]
@schaadenfreude

Counted???? I... wow. I applaud their dedication and effort to science and data gathering omg

giphy.gif

wishlist
might as well push this back to the front page so more people can see it!
might as well push this back to the front page so more people can see it!
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
...wow. The dedication.

<3
...wow. The dedication.

<3
[quote]Wildclaws are the other standout to me. Being that rare breeds are so much more appealing to most people on this site, it seems on the surface like they should be more populous. Certainly imperial breedchange scrolls are more difficult to get. However, since wildclaw breedchange scrolls cycle somewhat unpredictably and their cooldown is long, it makes sense. In that way and in general appeal they lose out to coatls, whose scrolls are much easier to obtain.[/quote] I don't know whether this is still the case or not, but back when I was first active, wildclaws were frequently matched up with imps in breeding pairs to pretty much guarantee imp babies. (Since imps were suuuuper valuable, and WCs also valuable but considerably less so than imps.) So that starts everything off with many more imps than wildclaws.
Quote:
Wildclaws are the other standout to me. Being that rare breeds are so much more appealing to most people on this site, it seems on the surface like they should be more populous. Certainly imperial breedchange scrolls are more difficult to get. However, since wildclaw breedchange scrolls cycle somewhat unpredictably and their cooldown is long, it makes sense. In that way and in general appeal they lose out to coatls, whose scrolls are much easier to obtain.

I don't know whether this is still the case or not, but back when I was first active, wildclaws were frequently matched up with imps in breeding pairs to pretty much guarantee imp babies. (Since imps were suuuuper valuable, and WCs also valuable but considerably less so than imps.) So that starts everything off with many more imps than wildclaws.
L1iCjA8.gif
wow wow, thanks for all this work ! it's exactly what i needed for a dragon i'm trying to create -- one with unloved (or at least commonly hated, from what i've seen) colors. now i've got some underused breeds to choose from, too :3
wow wow, thanks for all this work ! it's exactly what i needed for a dragon i'm trying to create -- one with unloved (or at least commonly hated, from what i've seen) colors. now i've got some underused breeds to choose from, too :3

@snugglebug
he
[quote name="schaadenfreude" date=2017-09-25 17:58:42] [quote name="SnowdinTown" date=2017-09-25 17:57:56] [quote name="Frostt" date=2017-09-25 17:55:59] @/schaadenfreude The lightning festival currency should be spread sheets [/quote] YES PLEASE. [/quote] AGREED [/quote] I AM OFFICIALLY DOWN WITH THIS HEADCANON SIGN ME UP- and this honestly makes me feel so bad for the more underrepresented breeds gggggggg- i had a feeling that imperials and skydancers were super popular though haha- (i'm also a little surprised at how small the number of wildclaws is; i've always thought that they were fairly popular.) also my lair is weird then because most of my lair is made up of the more "unpopular" breeds... that's not a bad thing, though, since i like all the breeds equally and think that everyone deserves a little love in my lair- <3
schaadenfreude wrote on 2017-09-25:
SnowdinTown wrote on 2017-09-25:
Frostt wrote on 2017-09-25:
@/schaadenfreude

The lightning festival currency should be spread sheets

YES PLEASE.

AGREED
I AM OFFICIALLY DOWN WITH THIS HEADCANON SIGN ME UP-

and this honestly makes me feel so bad for the more underrepresented breeds gggggggg- i had a feeling that imperials and skydancers were super popular though haha- (i'm also a little surprised at how small the number of wildclaws is; i've always thought that they were fairly popular.) also my lair is weird then because most of my lair is made up of the more "unpopular" breeds... that's not a bad thing, though, since i like all the breeds equally and think that everyone deserves a little love in my lair- <3
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8