Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 280 281
@After I like this idea!
@After I like this idea!
Z7cgb70.png
I know this is a belated whine... but it TOTALLY missed my FR anniversary! It was on LWD and I was busy this date and didn't get home until late. I can't believe I forgot! I guess I could still celebrate a few days late right? Whelp.

I have a few dragons who are lined up to receive some genes and outfits, and I'm sure that will be good inspiration to continue working on their stories ^^
I know this is a belated whine... but it TOTALLY missed my FR anniversary! It was on LWD and I was busy this date and didn't get home until late. I can't believe I forgot! I guess I could still celebrate a few days late right? Whelp.

I have a few dragons who are lined up to receive some genes and outfits, and I'm sure that will be good inspiration to continue working on their stories ^^
earthshieldr.png
aeljrhjekhbehs I forgot today's a LWD
Uh
*Casually dies in the corner* I need to wriiite
Well, better at least try to get something done
aeljrhjekhbehs I forgot today's a LWD
Uh
*Casually dies in the corner* I need to wriiite
Well, better at least try to get something done
wORSkxL.png
Well, I almost forgot that today was LWD. I wrote about this dragon, Myfanwy, my protector of hatchlings. [img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19294798] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192948/19294798_350.png [/url][/img]
Well, I almost forgot that today was LWD. I wrote about this dragon, Myfanwy, my protector of hatchlings.

[img][/img] 19294798_350.png
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
Mrrgh. Bedtime. But I got some stuff written about Dormin getting Their Illuminated Scroll!

I will be back tomorrow to post it once I let it sit overnight and give it a once over tomorrow morning.

Edited to add: Hmm. Actually, I think I'll keep it off site for now. It might make a good epilogue to the FR/SotC crossover.

Oh god I'm actually going to do it this year for NaNo aren't I
Mrrgh. Bedtime. But I got some stuff written about Dormin getting Their Illuminated Scroll!

I will be back tomorrow to post it once I let it sit overnight and give it a once over tomorrow morning.

Edited to add: Hmm. Actually, I think I'll keep it off site for now. It might make a good epilogue to the FR/SotC crossover.

Oh god I'm actually going to do it this year for NaNo aren't I
jtgoRWq.png
@SparkyLurkdragon
NaNoWriMo? That is ambitious! I admire anyone that steps up to the challenge o.o
I have so many writing ideas that are just that - ideas. It's hard work!
@SparkyLurkdragon
NaNoWriMo? That is ambitious! I admire anyone that steps up to the challenge o.o
I have so many writing ideas that are just that - ideas. It's hard work!
earthshieldr.png
@Talismarr

It's a lot of fun! I don't always have longform ideas, but this story would be. Previously I've used NaNoWriMo to do roughs of some co-authored Sonic the Hedgehog fics, and last year I did a Metroid AU that stalled out.

The camaraderie in the forums there is also a big help.
@Talismarr

It's a lot of fun! I don't always have longform ideas, but this story would be. Previously I've used NaNoWriMo to do roughs of some co-authored Sonic the Hedgehog fics, and last year I did a Metroid AU that stalled out.

The camaraderie in the forums there is also a big help.
jtgoRWq.png
@After Holy dang I really need this
Can you add me to the pinglist so I don't forget?
@After Holy dang I really need this
Can you add me to the pinglist so I don't forget?
15128.png
@Rowlets - Well hello again! Certainly, you're on the list! :D
@Rowlets - Well hello again! Certainly, you're on the list! :D
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.

Hello hello! How wonderful it is to be back for another Lore Whining Day! Vacation was fun, but wow, no time to write whatsoever, haha. With much enthusiasm, I bring you your reminder ping: tomorrow, July 4, is a Lore Whining Day!

It's also 'MERICA DAY for those of us in the states, ahaha. I think I'll skip all the potential questions about festivities and parties though and try a topic I've been thinking about recently: familiars! How does your clan handle them? In your lore, are familiars little more than pets, or are they intelligent partners that bond more strongly with their dragons? Do any of them speak Draconic or otherwise communicate with dragons via their own special language? Do they have other roles or duties around the clan? How do members of the Beastclans factor into this? And something I'm personally curious about, how do you deal with elemental familiars such as the Sprites and Bears? How intelligent are they, and how magically powerful do you think they are? Do they have any special roles due to their (potentially) strong elemental ties?

I'll be busy doing Camp NaNo with a different project for most of this month, but hopefully I can make time to squeeze in some dragons tomorrow regardless. Been updating my Toyhouse lately and it's been helping me add a bit more lore to various dergs here and there, which is fantastic! I'm hoping it continues as I upload more, both dragons and familiars alike. My wallet won't stop me from having a Light Sprite in lore, aha!

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Parda @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @Liberosis @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Scatterspark @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Seamancer @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @remuslupn @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @RisingFlames @cherryj016 @evosoul @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Viiirus @Starrlight @Frenkle @elsendor @SullenPrince @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @myrese @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @hazy @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @TheHeroicOne @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @luckgandor @Redlington @SilverFoxDemon @MaryahStevens @anandapanda @ScarletTheDragon @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @NightTerr0rs @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @Calciferr @MissGoldenPixel @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @grapefruity @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @

Hello hello! How wonderful it is to be back for another Lore Whining Day! Vacation was fun, but wow, no time to write whatsoever, haha. With much enthusiasm, I bring you your reminder ping: tomorrow, July 4, is a Lore Whining Day!

It's also 'MERICA DAY for those of us in the states, ahaha. I think I'll skip all the potential questions about festivities and parties though and try a topic I've been thinking about recently: familiars! How does your clan handle them? In your lore, are familiars little more than pets, or are they intelligent partners that bond more strongly with their dragons? Do any of them speak Draconic or otherwise communicate with dragons via their own special language? Do they have other roles or duties around the clan? How do members of the Beastclans factor into this? And something I'm personally curious about, how do you deal with elemental familiars such as the Sprites and Bears? How intelligent are they, and how magically powerful do you think they are? Do they have any special roles due to their (potentially) strong elemental ties?

I'll be busy doing Camp NaNo with a different project for most of this month, but hopefully I can make time to squeeze in some dragons tomorrow regardless. Been updating my Toyhouse lately and it's been helping me add a bit more lore to various dergs here and there, which is fantastic! I'm hoping it continues as I upload more, both dragons and familiars alike. My wallet won't stop me from having a Light Sprite in lore, aha!

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Dhay @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @Mythie @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @JollyRoger @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Parda @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @Liberosis @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Scatterspark @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Seamancer @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @remuslupn @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @RisingFlames @cherryj016 @evosoul @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Viiirus @Starrlight @Frenkle @elsendor @SullenPrince @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @myrese @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @hazy @Kitiara @casuallySleepy @TheHeroicOne @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @luckgandor @Redlington @SilverFoxDemon @MaryahStevens @anandapanda @ScarletTheDragon @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @NightTerr0rs @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @Calciferr @MissGoldenPixel @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @grapefruity @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 280 281