Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Runes market crash.
1 2
So while I'm sure everyone is tired of the runes gene sniping/selling/hype/etc, I have to bring up a thing.

Runes popped in the marketplace and I bought two this morning, hoping to resell so I have enough treasure to actually buy some for myself. I go to check the current AH value, and it's literally crashing as we speak. Every time I've checked it in the last hour, the lowest price keeps dropping, down to 160kT as of the last time I checked it, maybe 10 minutes ago. Even with a dom bonus, I'm pretty sure this makes it cheaper than the marketplace right now? You actually lose money selling it that low? I wish I had checked the AH first, but I figured it'd still be inflated.

For people who wanted runes for their dergs and not for resale, good news! Now is the time to buy it off the auction house. >.>
So while I'm sure everyone is tired of the runes gene sniping/selling/hype/etc, I have to bring up a thing.

Runes popped in the marketplace and I bought two this morning, hoping to resell so I have enough treasure to actually buy some for myself. I go to check the current AH value, and it's literally crashing as we speak. Every time I've checked it in the last hour, the lowest price keeps dropping, down to 160kT as of the last time I checked it, maybe 10 minutes ago. Even with a dom bonus, I'm pretty sure this makes it cheaper than the marketplace right now? You actually lose money selling it that low? I wish I had checked the AH first, but I figured it'd still be inflated.

For people who wanted runes for their dergs and not for resale, good news! Now is the time to buy it off the auction house. >.>
j3zsWMV.png
yeah, treasure genes always crash fairly quickly. treasure's more available, so more people can buy treasure scrolls in a shorter amount of time. and then there ends up being too many on the market and that leads to a price crash.

it should come up a bit eventually, though; i think a lot of scrolls tend to hover around base MP price, so some profit can still be made if you happen to get it at a discount.
yeah, treasure genes always crash fairly quickly. treasure's more available, so more people can buy treasure scrolls in a shorter amount of time. and then there ends up being too many on the market and that leads to a price crash.

it should come up a bit eventually, though; i think a lot of scrolls tend to hover around base MP price, so some profit can still be made if you happen to get it at a discount.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1xqSZy9_4I

favorite youtube video

when im having a bad day i watch and laugh as these idiots lose 10 trillion in under an hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1xqSZy9_4I

favorite youtube video

when im having a bad day i watch and laugh as these idiots lose 10 trillion in under an hour
Eh25y1w.png
@DasMyoot Way too many people have been massbuying them since it's been released, and because you can buy them from the MP yourself with a little luck, the people at 160kt are just desperate to sell and at least get some of their treasure back.

I've been stalking the gene myself in the AH because I needed it for one of my permadragon, and I noticed 3 people who would constantly stock them up at 190kt which is very kind of them. But since the Runes hype has died down a lot, people are now fighting just to sell them. They keep on lowering the prices because not too many people are buying the gene anymore.
@DasMyoot Way too many people have been massbuying them since it's been released, and because you can buy them from the MP yourself with a little luck, the people at 160kt are just desperate to sell and at least get some of their treasure back.

I've been stalking the gene myself in the AH because I needed it for one of my permadragon, and I noticed 3 people who would constantly stock them up at 190kt which is very kind of them. But since the Runes hype has died down a lot, people are now fighting just to sell them. They keep on lowering the prices because not too many people are buying the gene anymore.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
@DasMyoot
I think it was once mentioned that the devs do this on purpose? For the first days, they'll let a new gene appear in the MP at normal rate, so snipers can profit. But after a while they'll increase the rate, so there's like, 15 or so genes appearing at once, giving everyone a chance at them, until the hype for the gene falls again.
@DasMyoot
I think it was once mentioned that the devs do this on purpose? For the first days, they'll let a new gene appear in the MP at normal rate, so snipers can profit. But after a while they'll increase the rate, so there's like, 15 or so genes appearing at once, giving everyone a chance at them, until the hype for the gene falls again.
Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
@Silence they were appearing in stacks of 50+ the first couple of days, which is perfectly normal, and occasionally even outside of 'allowed' restock times which was very odd.
@Silence they were appearing in stacks of 50+ the first couple of days, which is perfectly normal, and occasionally even outside of 'allowed' restock times which was very odd.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
@Sciencing
Really? Wow, I've never seen that. I guess seeing them in large quantities just means the market is getting saturated with it.

@Sciencing
Really? Wow, I've never seen that. I guess seeing them in large quantities just means the market is getting saturated with it.

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
Honestly thanks for pointing out that the price was so low- one of my dergs just got her runes I've been wanting for her!
Honestly thanks for pointing out that the price was so low- one of my dergs just got her runes I've been wanting for her!
197MS.png359MS.png405MS.pngtumblr_inline_ou7t1inV3R1r2ao8y_540.png059MS.png155MS.png135MS.png
@Silence

I believe the devs said that for the first two weeks, MP items appear both more frequently and in larger stacks. Things then return to normal after a while. This gives snipers a window of huge profit, then the market saturates and people stop sniping. Then if it's good apparel and you're me you go back to sniping it because once the frequency drops it gets expensive again, ahaha.
@Silence

I believe the devs said that for the first two weeks, MP items appear both more frequently and in larger stacks. Things then return to normal after a while. This gives snipers a window of huge profit, then the market saturates and people stop sniping. Then if it's good apparel and you're me you go back to sniping it because once the frequency drops it gets expensive again, ahaha.
CgtyAYW.png
He/they, FR +2
@Silence

Back in 2014 when the site started to have registration Windows close together and more people joining, the players were complaining with so many new people on when new things came out stacks sizes were way to small to compared to demand. And it was, after the long break of generally only 1000 players on at a time it changed to over 2000+ players. So to help with the big first week rush staff changed things to stock 3x as much the first week and then goes to normal stocking range. It helped, something like rune would still be at first day prices for 2 weeks instead of things being down already.
@Silence

Back in 2014 when the site started to have registration Windows close together and more people joining, the players were complaining with so many new people on when new things came out stacks sizes were way to small to compared to demand. And it was, after the long break of generally only 1000 players on at a time it changed to over 2000+ players. So to help with the big first week rush staff changed things to stock 3x as much the first week and then goes to normal stocking range. It helped, something like rune would still be at first day prices for 2 weeks instead of things being down already.
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
1 2