Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [COLI]HEY, you. (Mage build info needed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Nott the elemental spell for arcane; enfeeble makes a dragon more effected by magical spells and works great if paired by magical bolt attacks

@Sheliak wonderful ! I've been trying to pioneer a double fodder leveling mage based roughly on kiena's levels but im having no luck

@Vhale wonderful i'd love to hear what you have to input !
@Nott the elemental spell for arcane; enfeeble makes a dragon more effected by magical spells and works great if paired by magical bolt attacks

@Sheliak wonderful ! I've been trying to pioneer a double fodder leveling mage based roughly on kiena's levels but im having no luck

@Vhale wonderful i'd love to hear what you have to input !
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Also @Khoshekh I have quite the many builds (hosted currently in my light flight exclusive lending service but I plan on posting them )
Also @Khoshekh I have quite the many builds (hosted currently in my light flight exclusive lending service but I plan on posting them )
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Khoshekh what up my friend, always happy to show off my badass dragons. @Astriferious [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=544692] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5447/544692_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Meena, she's my healbot (can't help myself, sometimes I have to relive the Warcraft glory days). Super fast so she just spams heals. Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17 I used the stat counters from the other guides to figure out about how much int I would need to heal ~about~ half (little more than half, maybe) of a base level 25 dragon without any extra points in Vit. That's how much int she has. Stones: meditate contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was minmax flight-wise into the golem workshop I would give them the top tier elemental attack) scholar x3 ambush x2 With a QCK of 94 you don't NEED discipline because you're taking a turn so often. boomboomboomboom have yet to die in the golem workshop with her on the team. And the team isn't even minmaxed for elements. No idea about leveling with a mage, though. I restatted long after she was 25. The very popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked. And enemy monsters take damage differently from magic attacks than from scratch and eliminate, so really the numbers should be re-worked anyway to figure out what you need at each level to kill enemies. Although there is no universally high-damage mage attack against all elements like eliminate. So you would probably figure out the average damage of your bolt, (and then special attack, when you level up to it) and scrape along with contuse when weak toward, and destroy face when strong against.
@Khoshekh what up my friend, always happy to show off my ****** dragons.

@Astriferious

544692_350.png

This is Meena, she's my healbot (can't help myself, sometimes I have to relive the Warcraft glory days). Super fast so she just spams heals.

Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17

I used the stat counters from the other guides to figure out about how much int I would need to heal ~about~ half (little more than half, maybe) of a base level 25 dragon without any extra points in Vit. That's how much int she has.

Stones:
meditate
contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was minmax flight-wise into the golem workshop I would give them the top tier elemental attack)
scholar x3
ambush x2

With a QCK of 94 you don't NEED discipline because you're taking a turn so often. boomboomboomboom have yet to die in the golem workshop with her on the team. And the team isn't even minmaxed for elements.

No idea about leveling with a mage, though. I restatted long after she was 25.

The very popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked.

And enemy monsters take damage differently from magic attacks than from scratch and eliminate, so really the numbers should be re-worked anyway to figure out what you need at each level to kill enemies. Although there is no universally high-damage mage attack against all elements like eliminate. So you would probably figure out the average damage of your bolt, (and then special attack, when you level up to it) and scrape along with contuse when weak toward, and destroy face when strong against.
@Sunreon that is quite impressive; ill make sure to mark it down !
@Sunreon that is quite impressive; ill make sure to mark it down !
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Astriferious

My ice mage Soaldsul has just passed lvl 21 with a modified glass cannon build to make him multi purposed for farming higher end venues(like kelp beds/workshop, although it's not as profitable as the harpy's roost).

As far as augment/accessory stones go he follows the Elemental Ravager build you put up there, and it's great for being a magical glass canon so far(as opposed to the common physical glass canon build)

He has meditate/Contuse/Frigid bolt/Aide, which will be later swapped out to Frigid bolt/Congeal/Aide/Reflect(if that's the correct one for bouncing bolts/spells back at opponents). His stats at the moment are 109 Intelligence, 11 agility and 50 quickness(this is excluding his other stats that I haven't put points into). This is also up for change once I get a tincture of dissolution and redistribute his stats for more optimal stats. The only constant is that i'm keeping meditate because it's pretty convenient for building breath fast.

The bolt's pretty good, but it's only slightly better than contuse in terms of damage. It does a little bit more, but you don't get the benefit of damage being reduced. Not that it matters that much, since you get more bang with the bolts over contuse, especially with enemies that have elemental weaknesses to the bolts.

I have a few other mages in the works but they're to early in the process to really give that much good details about them aside from my preference for using flight specific augment stones over hybrid ones(looking at the hybrid ones it might come back to haunt me later for using flight specific augment stones if used correctly).
@Astriferious

My ice mage Soaldsul has just passed lvl 21 with a modified glass cannon build to make him multi purposed for farming higher end venues(like kelp beds/workshop, although it's not as profitable as the harpy's roost).

As far as augment/accessory stones go he follows the Elemental Ravager build you put up there, and it's great for being a magical glass canon so far(as opposed to the common physical glass canon build)

He has meditate/Contuse/Frigid bolt/Aide, which will be later swapped out to Frigid bolt/Congeal/Aide/Reflect(if that's the correct one for bouncing bolts/spells back at opponents). His stats at the moment are 109 Intelligence, 11 agility and 50 quickness(this is excluding his other stats that I haven't put points into). This is also up for change once I get a tincture of dissolution and redistribute his stats for more optimal stats. The only constant is that i'm keeping meditate because it's pretty convenient for building breath fast.

The bolt's pretty good, but it's only slightly better than contuse in terms of damage. It does a little bit more, but you don't get the benefit of damage being reduced. Not that it matters that much, since you get more bang with the bolts over contuse, especially with enemies that have elemental weaknesses to the bolts.

I have a few other mages in the works but they're to early in the process to really give that much good details about them aside from my preference for using flight specific augment stones over hybrid ones(looking at the hybrid ones it might come back to haunt me later for using flight specific augment stones if used correctly).
@Magichats yeah sounds like you're getting an elemental ravager (which is essentially a magical glass cannon) and thanks for the imput !
@Magichats yeah sounds like you're getting an elemental ravager (which is essentially a magical glass cannon) and thanks for the imput !
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Astriferious

I have leveled a couple of mages. My progen, Bela, is the one I use most often. She is a "classic" glass cannon, but flipped so the STR is INT. (126 STR, 58 QCK.) I toyed with giving her the farmer build, as quickness doesn't matter that much in the higher levels, but I like her as is, I think. The ability stones I use are contuse, shock, rally, and aid. I use hybrid fragments when leveling, but then switch to scholars at level 17. I think they give more than enough of an advantage, especially considering they aren't that expensive. I also use two ambushes. (More on the stone use below.)

Some things I've discovered...

I love double ambush. I put the mage first, and thus they eat the first turn bug. And one meditate is enough for my mage to be able to use shock the first round before the enemies go, when my fighters are gathering breath themselves, and thus lets me take out an extra enemy early. I much prefer ambush to discipline, because I often have so much breath built (as I rarely need healing used after the first initial wave) that I "waste" it, doing moves that don't need to be done. So why would I want to generate more of it? Especially when my mage can eat up that first turn bug. Also, I have used that first turn of the mage to rally my second fighter to eliminate more effectively. I could maybe see an ambush/discipline mage, but I'd likely never make a two discipline mage on my own / for my own use.

Speaking of shock... I love Lightning dragons for that ability. It works as well as an eliminate when enough INT is behind it and when facing the right enemies. (I've even managed to take out a Yeti with one shock that went critical. I have done this more than once.) Plus, even if I don't take out the enemy, often they will be paralyzed due to the status effects.

Speaking of status effects, an elemental attack causes more damage than a bolt and has a chance for them (when of the right element), so I will always choose it. You can use the calculator mode of this incredibly useful tool to see just how much damage your mage can do with different attacks. (For example, against a jeweled octoflyer, which a Nature mage would be strong against, a level 25 mage with 126 INT would do 1105 damage, but with envenom would do 1466 initial damage with poison doing additional damage on later turns.)

I do keep contuse. It is my mage's version of a scratch, but with the added benefit of reducing damage taken. If I can't use shock effectively while my fighters are building up breath, I will use contuse. I'll use it at other times as well to help out. Especially if faced with three physical fighters like the Kelp Tender / Mammertee packs.

As I said with my stone use above, I don't bother with concentration. It just isn't effective enough. My mage can definitely do damage, but she is much more of a "helper" to the glass cannons, working with their strengths and weaknesses, rather than needing her abilities buffed. I mean, as it is, she heals for almost 800 health points and my fighters only have about 1000 points to heal from, and her shock is as effective as an eliminate (1480 points of damage vs a yeti for shock against 1395 points of damage vs a yeti for eliminate), so buffing her up seems not worth the space the stone would take.

Mind is pretty much useless. I'd never focus on that. All defense doesn't seem worth it either. As I said above, she can heal for almost 800, so she can help everyone (including herself) recover really quickly when hit, even when hit hard, so I don't want to sacrifice her attack power when she can help in both areas.

Mixed mages aren't that useful. I believe Kiena used to mention fighters that gained breath via meditate instead of scratch in this guide? Basically because of the three turns where physical damage is reduced by 75%, meditate to generate breath for physical attacks is inefficient. You'd basically have to alternate rounds where the mixed fighter only meditated with rounds where they could actually use the breath gained by meditate to cause physical damage.
@Astriferious

I have leveled a couple of mages. My progen, Bela, is the one I use most often. She is a "classic" glass cannon, but flipped so the STR is INT. (126 STR, 58 QCK.) I toyed with giving her the farmer build, as quickness doesn't matter that much in the higher levels, but I like her as is, I think. The ability stones I use are contuse, shock, rally, and aid. I use hybrid fragments when leveling, but then switch to scholars at level 17. I think they give more than enough of an advantage, especially considering they aren't that expensive. I also use two ambushes. (More on the stone use below.)

Some things I've discovered...

I love double ambush. I put the mage first, and thus they eat the first turn bug. And one meditate is enough for my mage to be able to use shock the first round before the enemies go, when my fighters are gathering breath themselves, and thus lets me take out an extra enemy early. I much prefer ambush to discipline, because I often have so much breath built (as I rarely need healing used after the first initial wave) that I "waste" it, doing moves that don't need to be done. So why would I want to generate more of it? Especially when my mage can eat up that first turn bug. Also, I have used that first turn of the mage to rally my second fighter to eliminate more effectively. I could maybe see an ambush/discipline mage, but I'd likely never make a two discipline mage on my own / for my own use.

Speaking of shock... I love Lightning dragons for that ability. It works as well as an eliminate when enough INT is behind it and when facing the right enemies. (I've even managed to take out a Yeti with one shock that went critical. I have done this more than once.) Plus, even if I don't take out the enemy, often they will be paralyzed due to the status effects.

Speaking of status effects, an elemental attack causes more damage than a bolt and has a chance for them (when of the right element), so I will always choose it. You can use the calculator mode of this incredibly useful tool to see just how much damage your mage can do with different attacks. (For example, against a jeweled octoflyer, which a Nature mage would be strong against, a level 25 mage with 126 INT would do 1105 damage, but with envenom would do 1466 initial damage with poison doing additional damage on later turns.)

I do keep contuse. It is my mage's version of a scratch, but with the added benefit of reducing damage taken. If I can't use shock effectively while my fighters are building up breath, I will use contuse. I'll use it at other times as well to help out. Especially if faced with three physical fighters like the Kelp Tender / Mammertee packs.

As I said with my stone use above, I don't bother with concentration. It just isn't effective enough. My mage can definitely do damage, but she is much more of a "helper" to the glass cannons, working with their strengths and weaknesses, rather than needing her abilities buffed. I mean, as it is, she heals for almost 800 health points and my fighters only have about 1000 points to heal from, and her shock is as effective as an eliminate (1480 points of damage vs a yeti for shock against 1395 points of damage vs a yeti for eliminate), so buffing her up seems not worth the space the stone would take.

Mind is pretty much useless. I'd never focus on that. All defense doesn't seem worth it either. As I said above, she can heal for almost 800, so she can help everyone (including herself) recover really quickly when hit, even when hit hard, so I don't want to sacrifice her attack power when she can help in both areas.

Mixed mages aren't that useful. I believe Kiena used to mention fighters that gained breath via meditate instead of scratch in this guide? Basically because of the three turns where physical damage is reduced by 75%, meditate to generate breath for physical attacks is inefficient. You'd basically have to alternate rounds where the mixed fighter only meditated with rounds where they could actually use the breath gained by meditate to cause physical damage.
@meridith44 though pairing a certain built + using rally during the first three turns should turn that a bit back , it was mostly something to mention

Your findings are incredibly helpful thank you!
@meridith44 though pairing a certain built + using rally during the first three turns should turn that a bit back , it was mostly something to mention

Your findings are incredibly helpful thank you!
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Astriferious

My mage is modified a glass cannon with scholars instead of berserkers and QCK 59, but I find INT 123 is plenty. Rather than go up to INT 126, those points are used to give VIT 23 - he needs to heal himself less so he's got more breath and turns to heal the others.

He's got one ambush and one discipline, meditate, aid, rally, reflect and his elemental attack (disorient). Reflect is really only used against manta bosses. He takes the first eaten turn but there's plenty of time to build up breath before anyone loses too much health.

I'm training up second healer, also from wind, because I really like the chance of the enemy attacking itself or other enemies rather than my team! Although I've learnt not to use it on the manta bosses, because having reflect on all my dragons means I want them sending spells at me, not scratches. Wind is also very strong against lightning so he can take down swift volts and copper coil creepers in two turns.

Both healers were trained with level 25s in the Kelp Beds and no acuity/hybrid stones until level 17, then I stuck the scholars on and moved into the Golem Workshop.
@Astriferious

My mage is modified a glass cannon with scholars instead of berserkers and QCK 59, but I find INT 123 is plenty. Rather than go up to INT 126, those points are used to give VIT 23 - he needs to heal himself less so he's got more breath and turns to heal the others.

He's got one ambush and one discipline, meditate, aid, rally, reflect and his elemental attack (disorient). Reflect is really only used against manta bosses. He takes the first eaten turn but there's plenty of time to build up breath before anyone loses too much health.

I'm training up second healer, also from wind, because I really like the chance of the enemy attacking itself or other enemies rather than my team! Although I've learnt not to use it on the manta bosses, because having reflect on all my dragons means I want them sending spells at me, not scratches. Wind is also very strong against lightning so he can take down swift volts and copper coil creepers in two turns.

Both healers were trained with level 25s in the Kelp Beds and no acuity/hybrid stones until level 17, then I stuck the scholars on and moved into the Golem Workshop.
Going to stalk this thread for mage ideas. ^^
Going to stalk this thread for mage ideas. ^^
HzGpUHb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11