Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Plea to Players Giving Away Dragons
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I agree with giving away dragons that you expect to be exalt fodder. If something is dear to you, then don't give it away. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to give away ugly dergs. I myself bred some of my Oilslick line and Noc line for the sole purpose of the giveaway. I don't really care if they get exalted either though, i mean, the oil slicks sell for 30kt normally but the breeding pair is solid and the cooldown is only 15days. I want my newbies to have pretty dergs they can preen over, and still be able to exalt. Or heck, they can AH them if they want for good money.
I agree with giving away dragons that you expect to be exalt fodder. If something is dear to you, then don't give it away. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to give away ugly dergs. I myself bred some of my Oilslick line and Noc line for the sole purpose of the giveaway. I don't really care if they get exalted either though, i mean, the oil slicks sell for 30kt normally but the breeding pair is solid and the cooldown is only 15days. I want my newbies to have pretty dergs they can preen over, and still be able to exalt. Or heck, they can AH them if they want for good money.
"If love's a sickness, then my dear i believe you've caught the Plague" #plagueisweenies2k15
S7TbD3M.pngtumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png
SV2g5fA.png
S7TbD3M.png
I can understand "don't exalt it right away, but mostly to distinguish the dragon from a pile of cash. It is rude to take something for free and immediately get rid of it, but it's also rude to insist that someone hold onto that gift for forever.

"What are you doing trying to throw away that binky?!"
"Mom I'm 35 I don't need it -"
"I GAVE THAT TO YOU WITH LOVE IN MY HEART HOW DARE YOU"
I can understand "don't exalt it right away, but mostly to distinguish the dragon from a pile of cash. It is rude to take something for free and immediately get rid of it, but it's also rude to insist that someone hold onto that gift for forever.

"What are you doing trying to throw away that binky?!"
"Mom I'm 35 I don't need it -"
"I GAVE THAT TO YOU WITH LOVE IN MY HEART HOW DARE YOU"
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
That reminds me of when I got here and still didn't know what to do with my life on FR. In fact I didn't even know what type of dregs I even wanted, nor do I know now.

I remember getting this amazing Guardian that was a no exalt and she stayed with me till 2 weeks ago.
I felt pretty guilty yet it's something I didn't want and no one else wanted so I did it.

I agree that you shouldn't exalt the dreg right away... but if you don't have a taste in it later on then you have every right. Your still grateful for the learning experience of even having it and breeding, training, or customizing them.
That reminds me of when I got here and still didn't know what to do with my life on FR. In fact I didn't even know what type of dregs I even wanted, nor do I know now.

I remember getting this amazing Guardian that was a no exalt and she stayed with me till 2 weeks ago.
I felt pretty guilty yet it's something I didn't want and no one else wanted so I did it.

I agree that you shouldn't exalt the dreg right away... but if you don't have a taste in it later on then you have every right. Your still grateful for the learning experience of even having it and breeding, training, or customizing them.
je67dzK.gif
Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can receive, remember???

Plus, it keeps the population down so that the site doesn't become flooded with dragons, which could cause the market to crash.

So please do exalt!

It's a good thing!
Exalting is the highest honor a dragon can receive, remember???

Plus, it keeps the population down so that the site doesn't become flooded with dragons, which could cause the market to crash.

So please do exalt!

It's a good thing!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
Well put. Plus it can be more rewarding to save up for a dragon and search through the auction house to find a dragon you like. But there are always people who may not have the same amount of patience as others.
Well put. Plus it can be more rewarding to save up for a dragon and search through the auction house to find a dragon you like. But there are always people who may not have the same amount of patience as others.
RCD2mOL.pngNt9DYxN.png
@TiggerPup91
dragons I was given as a newbie and still have:
one, two, three, four, five, and six.

Most of my old perma-dragons were either given to me at a steep discount or gifted/bred for me when I was new ;_;

e: because i can't count
@TiggerPup91
dragons I was given as a newbie and still have:
one, two, three, four, five, and six.

Most of my old perma-dragons were either given to me at a steep discount or gifted/bred for me when I was new ;_;

e: because i can't count
BoVzcWO.gif
Eh, I've seen a lot of those "don't exalt" threads and I just backspace out. More trouble than it's worth.
Eh, I've seen a lot of those "don't exalt" threads and I just backspace out. More trouble than it's worth.
CVYnSFU.png
I agree with this. Very strongly.
I agree with this. Very strongly.
tumblr_inline_ny7iueBT5H1qmzhvw_540.png
This is great, I think people should do this.
I still hate it when people say "don't exalt the dragons". It's your dragon now, you can do whatever you want with it. If it ends up not fitting into your lair, then you have every right to exalt it.
This is just a bunch of pixels, anyway.
This is great, I think people should do this.
I still hate it when people say "don't exalt the dragons". It's your dragon now, you can do whatever you want with it. If it ends up not fitting into your lair, then you have every right to exalt it.
This is just a bunch of pixels, anyway.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.png
This.
*standing ovation*
I agree with the mindset thing that exalting is bad because its really what happened to me when I was new; free beautiful dragons but with a harsh NO EXALTING OR ELSE stuff. It really got to me that exalting is bad and the past owners will be so mad if I did. That was the reason when the first time I exalted a dragon was like 2-3 months after i joined. So PLEASE, if you are really giving away dragons, please keep in mind that no matter how beautiful or ugly your dragons this doesnt gurantee it being free of exaltation. If you give it to them, its heirs now and they can do what they want with it. It was your choice of it giving the dragon away anyway :)
This.
*standing ovation*
I agree with the mindset thing that exalting is bad because its really what happened to me when I was new; free beautiful dragons but with a harsh NO EXALTING OR ELSE stuff. It really got to me that exalting is bad and the past owners will be so mad if I did. That was the reason when the first time I exalted a dragon was like 2-3 months after i joined. So PLEASE, if you are really giving away dragons, please keep in mind that no matter how beautiful or ugly your dragons this doesnt gurantee it being free of exaltation. If you give it to them, its heirs now and they can do what they want with it. It was your choice of it giving the dragon away anyway :)
No88Iil.gif6Mp9Ctr.gifpv1gzGu.gifmF0lXVs.gif7WztnsO.gifGl1zSGo.gifV65Xcnk.gifHqXMdD7.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14