Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Plea to Players Giving Away Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Well said. Especially about making sure these newcomers don't feel that exalting is a bad thing to do. I don't want to push dragons on newcomers, but rather make sure they're stocked with food and other fun stuff to put on their dragons that they acquire.

I think sometimes newer users think every dragon they see is the new best dragon ever (heaven knows I did!) and I think that they can get overloaded fast, then realize some of the new ones they took on earlier on really weren't something that appealed to them in the long run. So I want to make sure that I don't push dragons on a new user, and instead offer one if they would like it.

Or I might even do a give-away for dragons, and in order to adopt them they have to write a short bio/backstory in order to take in the dragon ^^ To make sure there's a touch of sentimental value there and to get the creative juices flowing to do some Clan Lore (that's my favorite part of the game! The backstories!)

Well said. Especially about making sure these newcomers don't feel that exalting is a bad thing to do. I don't want to push dragons on newcomers, but rather make sure they're stocked with food and other fun stuff to put on their dragons that they acquire.

I think sometimes newer users think every dragon they see is the new best dragon ever (heaven knows I did!) and I think that they can get overloaded fast, then realize some of the new ones they took on earlier on really weren't something that appealed to them in the long run. So I want to make sure that I don't push dragons on a new user, and instead offer one if they would like it.

Or I might even do a give-away for dragons, and in order to adopt them they have to write a short bio/backstory in order to take in the dragon ^^ To make sure there's a touch of sentimental value there and to get the creative juices flowing to do some Clan Lore (that's my favorite part of the game! The backstories!)

1kz7OWt.png
I personally don't care if people exalt my offspring. They're either not the color combo I was going for, or an ugly mix of genes and colors that I would exalt myself anyways, if nobody bought them. I expect people to exalt what I sell, and feel very happy when someone actually keeps a dragon that I didn't want. I do check offspring lists every so often, usually the prettier clutches, to see where they ended up.
I personally don't care if people exalt my offspring. They're either not the color combo I was going for, or an ugly mix of genes and colors that I would exalt myself anyways, if nobody bought them. I expect people to exalt what I sell, and feel very happy when someone actually keeps a dragon that I didn't want. I do check offspring lists every so often, usually the prettier clutches, to see where they ended up.
tumblr_inline_nwu3otaP9J1t7d5o3_500.giftumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png
Hear, hear. I picked up several dragons when I joined, both from the Auction House and from giveaways, and all but two of them have been exalted. I didn't remember which ones were given the "do not exalt" clause and I'm getting more active in dom, so to me it was better to train and exalt than to try to sell it in FR's slightly broken economy.
Hear, hear. I picked up several dragons when I joined, both from the Auction House and from giveaways, and all but two of them have been exalted. I didn't remember which ones were given the "do not exalt" clause and I'm getting more active in dom, so to me it was better to train and exalt than to try to sell it in FR's slightly broken economy.
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
[quote name="Felahr" date=2015-04-06 19:06:25] Most times I agree with you, but some dragons are special and are gifted to newbies in the hopes that they will appreciate the gift. There was a spiral that was gifted to me when I was new, the very first nice thing anyone did for me, on my first day, and I kept him until recently when I gave him back to the gifter, who has told me that Elo will go to another newbie in this registration window. I would be, and they would be, devastated if someone accepted Elo and then exalted him. If you decide you dont want something that a lovingly given present, give it back so someone else can enjoy it. You dont get to beg for a gift and then sell it for cash. Thats tasteless and rude. [/quote] Giveaways usually don't involve begging. Someone posts a thread says "here, pick a dragon, newbies if you want to", a newbie comes along and says "I'd like this one" and they get a dragon, no begging involved. Also, what if a user says "don't exalt, give it back to me if you don't want it" and then quits/disappears? Does the user give the dragon to someone else, and if they do, do they also have to tell the person to not exalt, since that was the first player's terms? Personally, if I'm gifting dragons, it's dragons that I think are pretty but don't really care what happens to them. If you really care what happens to a dragon, keep it for yourself. Edit: Just want to add -- I think encouraging exalting is a good idea. I see people saying "but what if someone wants it one day". They're waiting for a day that will never arrive, and with a dragon that most likely can be easily reproduced.
Felahr wrote on 2015-04-06:
Most times I agree with you, but some dragons are special and are gifted to newbies in the hopes that they will appreciate the gift. There was a spiral that was gifted to me when I was new, the very first nice thing anyone did for me, on my first day, and I kept him until recently when I gave him back to the gifter, who has told me that Elo will go to another newbie in this registration window. I would be, and they would be, devastated if someone accepted Elo and then exalted him. If you decide you dont want something that a lovingly given present, give it back so someone else can enjoy it.

You dont get to beg for a gift and then sell it for cash. Thats tasteless and rude.

Giveaways usually don't involve begging. Someone posts a thread says "here, pick a dragon, newbies if you want to", a newbie comes along and says "I'd like this one" and they get a dragon, no begging involved.

Also, what if a user says "don't exalt, give it back to me if you don't want it" and then quits/disappears? Does the user give the dragon to someone else, and if they do, do they also have to tell the person to not exalt, since that was the first player's terms?

Personally, if I'm gifting dragons, it's dragons that I think are pretty but don't really care what happens to them. If you really care what happens to a dragon, keep it for yourself.

Edit: Just want to add -- I think encouraging exalting is a good idea. I see people saying "but what if someone wants it one day". They're waiting for a day that will never arrive, and with a dragon that most likely can be easily reproduced.
bless
bless
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
yES.
yES.
SVbOCPL.png
I agree fully^^ If one wishes to make sure a dragon is never exalted, then keep it yourself and never exalt

Once someone else owns it, they can do as they please with their dragon
I agree fully^^ If one wishes to make sure a dragon is never exalted, then keep it yourself and never exalt

Once someone else owns it, they can do as they please with their dragon
Hear, hear.
Hear, hear.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I think this is a great idea.

Some people use registration windows to give away dragons that they don't care about enough to keep themselves, but don't want to exalt, so they guilt trip the newbies into keeping them.

It can be really bad if a newb's early interactions include people harassing them about exalting a dragon that they decided wasn't really their style, and just picked up because if was free and they weren't aware that dragons are, by this point, fill a page for 10k.
I think this is a great idea.

Some people use registration windows to give away dragons that they don't care about enough to keep themselves, but don't want to exalt, so they guilt trip the newbies into keeping them.

It can be really bad if a newb's early interactions include people harassing them about exalting a dragon that they decided wasn't really their style, and just picked up because if was free and they weren't aware that dragons are, by this point, fill a page for 10k.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
It is rude if people take dragon from a giveaway just to get free exalt fodder (unless that's the point), but other than that, I don't care. It's not my dragon anymore, so it's none of my business what the new owner does with it. If I don't want other people to do anything with it, I can't give it away. Simple as that.

And "special" is highly subjective.
It is rude if people take dragon from a giveaway just to get free exalt fodder (unless that's the point), but other than that, I don't care. It's not my dragon anymore, so it's none of my business what the new owner does with it. If I don't want other people to do anything with it, I can't give it away. Simple as that.

And "special" is highly subjective.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14