Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | really inaccessible for disabled ppl
1 2 3 4
Extensions (like adblock) aren't bannable expenses, scripts are.
[quote name="LilacDreams" date=2015-04-01 06:11:24] Extensions (like adblock) aren't bannable expenses, scripts are. [/quote] @LilacDreams Thank you! I use adblock-because I hate popups and commercials on the sites that I visit (and I've honestly spent more money buying gems then they would likely get from ad revenue from me (I mean look at how many accents I've blown my IRL money on!)).
LilacDreams wrote on 2015-04-01:

@LilacDreams Thank you! I use adblock-because I hate popups and commercials on the sites that I visit (and I've honestly spent more money buying gems then they would likely get from ad revenue from me (I mean look at how many accents I've blown my IRL money on!)).
Multigaze and Permababy collector.
Browse the lair and let me know what you think.
As long the only thing a visual aid extension does is make it easier for you to read websites in your browser and does not make actual changes to the Flight Rising website, you should be fine.
As long the only thing a visual aid extension does is make it easier for you to read websites in your browser and does not make actual changes to the Flight Rising website, you should be fine.
As a dyslexic I think this font change is in really bad taste, I was planning on spending my day off on FR and now I've either got to download extensions and fiddle with them or just give up completely. Not cool, mods. Not cool at all.
As a dyslexic I think this font change is in really bad taste, I was planning on spending my day off on FR and now I've either got to download extensions and fiddle with them or just give up completely. Not cool, mods. Not cool at all.
mc661j.png
Looks like the font size was raised a little.
Looks like the font size was raised a little.
My writing project.
Comic Sans is literally the simplest and cleanest font in the world. yes, its SMALL, but you can zoom in.

theres no need to act like youre being picked on. its a really simple solution to make the font bigger
Comic Sans is literally the simplest and cleanest font in the world. yes, its SMALL, but you can zoom in.

theres no need to act like youre being picked on. its a really simple solution to make the font bigger
CFD73y7.png
[quote name="Felahr" date=2015-04-01 06:54:52] Comic Sans is literally the simplest and cleanest font in the world. yes, its SMALL, but you can zoom in. theres no need to act like youre being picked on. its a really simple solution to make the font bigger [/quote] MAKING IT BIGGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM. IT LITERALLY GIVES ME HEADACHES TO READ NO MATTER WHAT SIZE IT IS. Oh my god how hard is that to understand.
Felahr wrote on 2015-04-01:

MAKING IT BIGGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM. IT LITERALLY GIVES ME HEADACHES TO READ NO MATTER WHAT SIZE IT IS.

Oh my god how hard is that to understand.
lets_make_some_science_by_lynntv-d6qzmxd.gif021_zpswugdkw7b.png
As someone who also has dyslexia, Comic Sans is easier for me to read than the standard font rofl

I'm having a good time, having a good time!

Edit bc FR won't let me post my emoticon orz
As someone who also has dyslexia, Comic Sans is easier for me to read than the standard font rofl

I'm having a good time, having a good time!

Edit bc FR won't let me post my emoticon orz
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
[quote name="Envelin" date=2015-04-01 03:37:48] I'm on mobile and only the banner is comic sans. So...if you try it on mobile, maybe it'll be different for you too? [/quote] @Envelin Comic Sans is only a default font in Windows I believe (maybe it's in OSX?). So if you're not running something with it already installed, the site is set to display text in another sans-serif font in order as displayed in the font family coding. Staff have gone through and added Comic Sans MS to the start of the code for today; normally there's a less late 90s web design or 14 year old girl option as the default. (I [i]loved[/i] Comic Sans when I was 14. I submitted practically everything in Comic Sans. We all have to wake up one day) I run Ubuntu and 'standard' fonts actually aren't installed on most Linux OS, so I tend to just get generic serif/sans-serif fonts on websites unless the creators have used a webfont. (A font who has the information stored as part of the webpage instead of relying on it being installed on your computer/device) No Comic Sans here. Edit: Hopefully my explanation makes more sense now.
Envelin wrote on 2015-04-01:
I'm on mobile and only the banner is comic sans. So...if you try it on mobile, maybe it'll be different for you too?
@Envelin

Comic Sans is only a default font in Windows I believe (maybe it's in OSX?). So if you're not running something with it already installed, the site is set to display text in another sans-serif font in order as displayed in the font family coding. Staff have gone through and added Comic Sans MS to the start of the code for today; normally there's a less late 90s web design or 14 year old girl option as the default. (I loved Comic Sans when I was 14. I submitted practically everything in Comic Sans. We all have to wake up one day)

I run Ubuntu and 'standard' fonts actually aren't installed on most Linux OS, so I tend to just get generic serif/sans-serif fonts on websites unless the creators have used a webfont. (A font who has the information stored as part of the webpage instead of relying on it being installed on your computer/device) No Comic Sans here.

Edit: Hopefully my explanation makes more sense now.
Wait, is this post not also an April fools joke?
Wait, is this post not also an April fools joke?
wY86E88.gif
1 2 3 4