Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 753 754
A few questions for the TideLord...

1- Do dragons ever explore the waters around Sornieth? What if the Tidelord claimed it for the water dergs out there? Or is it nuetral/beastclan territory?

2- Are water dragons granted better swimming and water breathing skills? It must be hard coming to the surface all the way from the Leviathan Trench, espeically if your a big Snapper.

3- Will we ever know who's gargantuan bones lie in the FishSpine Reef? Were there gods or dragons that we never knew about, and/or went extinct?
A few questions for the TideLord...

1- Do dragons ever explore the waters around Sornieth? What if the Tidelord claimed it for the water dergs out there? Or is it nuetral/beastclan territory?

2- Are water dragons granted better swimming and water breathing skills? It must be hard coming to the surface all the way from the Leviathan Trench, espeically if your a big Snapper.

3- Will we ever know who's gargantuan bones lie in the FishSpine Reef? Were there gods or dragons that we never knew about, and/or went extinct?
no
Canonically, at what time during the breeding process are the element of the eggs determined? During the mating, or when they are laid in the nest? In the case of the former, does location have an impact on their element, such as being in one flight, but lore-wise the dragons are somewhere else at the time of mating?
Canonically, at what time during the breeding process are the element of the eggs determined? During the mating, or when they are laid in the nest? In the case of the former, does location have an impact on their element, such as being in one flight, but lore-wise the dragons are somewhere else at the time of mating?
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
If my skydancer wears a skin or accent that affects it's jewel and the mentioned skydancer has a glimmer gene, which one will be layered first?
If my skydancer wears a skin or accent that affects it's jewel and the mentioned skydancer has a glimmer gene, which one will be layered first?
Is the size of a dragon (length, wingspan, weight) inheritable or do the hatchlings get random sizes?
Is the size of a dragon (length, wingspan, weight) inheritable or do the hatchlings get random sizes?
sa3qela.pngRwGCKzZ.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-07-24 17:28:50] [quote]Can you give an estimate on the height of the Pillar of the World?[/quote] The Pillar is immense; the top nearly brushed the inner atmosphere of the planet. [/quote] uhhhhhhh the [i]ground[/i] brushes the inner atmosphere of the planet is this a typo? [img]http://www.theozonehole.com/images/atmosphere_02.jpg[/img] Here is a convenient diagram of the atmospheric layers for your viewing pleasure. Note the distance markings on the right. Where would you say that the top of the pillar was in relation to the heights depicted here? (note: there is no real "outer boundary" of the atmos, it just sort of fades off as you proceed up. IIRC, 90% of the actual [i]air[/i] in the atmosphere is located in the troposphere, or the first 10km. The rest is just vast distances of exponentially decreasing pressure) EDIT: @Leika : RE: your first question-- there are also vistas for skin/caption contest winners and the MVP vistas, not just ones for the KS and beta players :) EDIT2: @BrightShine: Skins and accents are layered over your dragon's image, regardless of genes. The skin/accent would thus cover over the Glimmer gene.
Aequorin wrote on 2015-07-24:
Quote:
Can you give an estimate on the height of the Pillar of the World?

The Pillar is immense; the top nearly brushed the inner atmosphere of the planet.

uhhhhhhh
the ground brushes the inner atmosphere of the planet

is this a typo?

atmosphere_02.jpg
Here is a convenient diagram of the atmospheric layers for your viewing pleasure. Note the distance markings on the right. Where would you say that the top of the pillar was in relation to the heights depicted here?

(note: there is no real "outer boundary" of the atmos, it just sort of fades off as you proceed up. IIRC, 90% of the actual air in the atmosphere is located in the troposphere, or the first 10km. The rest is just vast distances of exponentially decreasing pressure)

EDIT: @Leika : RE: your first question-- there are also vistas for skin/caption contest winners and the MVP vistas, not just ones for the KS and beta players :)

EDIT2: @BrightShine: Skins and accents are layered over your dragon's image, regardless of genes. The skin/accent would thus cover over the Glimmer gene.
ZT1GQLd.png
Are we likely to see more in-character posts from the deity accounts (not including festival announcements), or is this feature being phased out as the site gets bigger and the staff busier?
Are we likely to see more in-character posts from the deity accounts (not including festival announcements), or is this feature being phased out as the site gets bigger and the staff busier?
How does Baldwin feel about throwing live animals (and sentient creatures) into his cauldron?
How does Baldwin feel about throwing live animals (and sentient creatures) into his cauldron?
JNcM0WQ.png
Why do the Kamaitachis from the Mire wear elemental banners?
Why do the Kamaitachis from the Mire wear elemental banners?
by-knighterrant.png
When a dragon is exalted, their aging process seems to stop. Are the deities sending in hatchlings to fight for them?!
When a dragon is exalted, their aging process seems to stop. Are the deities sending in hatchlings to fight for them?!
How big is Sornieth, more or less? What about the continent that we know (assuming there are other lands that dragons are not aware of)?
How big is Sornieth, more or less? What about the continent that we know (assuming there are other lands that dragons are not aware of)?
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 753 754