Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do All Dragons Breathe Fire?
1 2 3 4
@Ikthyrion

Oxygen? x3

(nature dragons breath could generate oxygen)
@Ikthyrion

Oxygen? x3

(nature dragons breath could generate oxygen)
17539_s.gif
@Fennekin New headcanon: plague dragons have really bad breath that rots whatever it touches. |D

I think, depending on a dragon's magical prowess, they'd probably be able to control their element, like people are saying (nature being able to summon vines or grow plants at an accelerated rate, ice dragons summoning blizzards and forming glaciers, etc) and as per the coli, fire off a "bolt" of pure elemental energy? Meanwhile, physical dragons are pretty much restricted to infusing their claws with their element to lend elemental damage to their attacks.
@Fennekin New headcanon: plague dragons have really bad breath that rots whatever it touches. |D

I think, depending on a dragon's magical prowess, they'd probably be able to control their element, like people are saying (nature being able to summon vines or grow plants at an accelerated rate, ice dragons summoning blizzards and forming glaciers, etc) and as per the coli, fire off a "bolt" of pure elemental energy? Meanwhile, physical dragons are pretty much restricted to infusing their claws with their element to lend elemental damage to their attacks.
*Sticks up hand* me me me me me, I breathe fire, look at my name :D
*Sticks up hand* me me me me me, I breathe fire, look at my name :D
wind_contest.png
Flight Rising Time +7 (GMT)
@BreathingFlames

LOL
@BreathingFlames

LOL
If i'm comprehending how the battle mechanics work in this game, it's not so much that every dragon breathes their own type of fire

it's more like they have control over certain types of magic

Like Pokemon for example. Rock dragons can pick up boulders to throw them or have a rigid body of rock get you!

or water dragons seem like they can blow out jets of water and summon a large body of it to crash down on the opponent

Wind dragons seem to blow or summon large balls/ gusts of air to slam into enemies and summon up tornadoes
If i'm comprehending how the battle mechanics work in this game, it's not so much that every dragon breathes their own type of fire

it's more like they have control over certain types of magic

Like Pokemon for example. Rock dragons can pick up boulders to throw them or have a rigid body of rock get you!

or water dragons seem like they can blow out jets of water and summon a large body of it to crash down on the opponent

Wind dragons seem to blow or summon large balls/ gusts of air to slam into enemies and summon up tornadoes
I think that earth dragons breathe out a high pressure stream of sand, like a sandstorm.
Light dragons have laser breath.
Wind dragons have compressed air (which can cut through steel) breath.
Water dragons have compressed water breath.
Arcane dragons have warp/black hole/quantum physics breath.
Nature dragons have poison breath (because of their special ability)
Plague dragons have disease breath (different from poison breath since it contains viruses and bacteria instead of neurotoxins and hemotoxins)
I think that earth dragons breathe out a high pressure stream of sand, like a sandstorm.
Light dragons have laser breath.
Wind dragons have compressed air (which can cut through steel) breath.
Water dragons have compressed water breath.
Arcane dragons have warp/black hole/quantum physics breath.
Nature dragons have poison breath (because of their special ability)
Plague dragons have disease breath (different from poison breath since it contains viruses and bacteria instead of neurotoxins and hemotoxins)
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
space for a new post
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I use Fairy Tail for my fire-breathing headcanons XD
I use Fairy Tail for my fire-breathing headcanons XD
April14.png
Considering your MP is called Breath, I'd assume a lot of the magic has to do with breathing, actually.

However, I also assume that a lot of the "bolts" are the better illustrations of what manifests. Rather than spewing fire or a bundle of the jungle or gushing water or concussive wind from their bellies or throats, their breath exhales and 'summons' the element, and the exhale directs it.

The larger spells like Congeal and Fossilize... I think those would look a lot more like Avatar-style element bending that's triggered via exhale. They always look like something that manifests under the enemy's feet rather than something spewed from the dragon's body.

Mostly, I think a lot of the magic of the dragons is element summoning magic, rather than their bodies naturally producing flame like in traditional dragons.
Considering your MP is called Breath, I'd assume a lot of the magic has to do with breathing, actually.

However, I also assume that a lot of the "bolts" are the better illustrations of what manifests. Rather than spewing fire or a bundle of the jungle or gushing water or concussive wind from their bellies or throats, their breath exhales and 'summons' the element, and the exhale directs it.

The larger spells like Congeal and Fossilize... I think those would look a lot more like Avatar-style element bending that's triggered via exhale. They always look like something that manifests under the enemy's feet rather than something spewed from the dragon's body.

Mostly, I think a lot of the magic of the dragons is element summoning magic, rather than their bodies naturally producing flame like in traditional dragons.
itUKoww.pngFyaVcOZ.pngpP2K51Q.pngpkt5tJ1.png3taVtCs.png3fSUhqQ.png
I imagine that with dragons like fire or ice, it's from the mouth like fire breath or ice breath. But with dragons that it doesn't really make sense for it to be breath, like shadow, it's more a physical thing (think Peruvian instant darkness powder)
I imagine that with dragons like fire or ice, it's from the mouth like fire breath or ice breath. But with dragons that it doesn't really make sense for it to be breath, like shadow, it's more a physical thing (think Peruvian instant darkness powder)
olly / 15
I imagine that with Plague dragons, they could exhale something like a toxic, green gas that contains flesh-eating bacteria. So when it makes contact, Plague Breath could just peel skin and rot flesh to to the bone. And maybe when it's left untreated, it could turn into gangrene, or something similar to frostbite!

And as for others, maybe Shadow could breath black tendrils to cover the opponent and sap their energy, and Nature could just be the ability to create barbed vines at will to wrap around an opponent? Not sure how this stuff doing to work in aerial combat XD
I imagine that with Plague dragons, they could exhale something like a toxic, green gas that contains flesh-eating bacteria. So when it makes contact, Plague Breath could just peel skin and rot flesh to to the bone. And maybe when it's left untreated, it could turn into gangrene, or something similar to frostbite!

And as for others, maybe Shadow could breath black tendrils to cover the opponent and sap their energy, and Nature could just be the ability to create barbed vines at will to wrap around an opponent? Not sure how this stuff doing to work in aerial combat XD
483.png Cmz8k8j.pngChimiraxCmz8k8j.png
tRvB8Xn.png
zNcyhot.png
Wn6vGC1.png
g6CyIfP.png

1 2 3 4