Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do All Dragons Breathe Fire?
1 2 3 4
So I've been wondering this for a while now.

There's official art of the Mirror and the Guardian fighting, and the Mirror is breathing fire if I remember. But in the coliseum, each flight has their own elemental "breath" attack.

So does that mean only Fire dragons breathe fire? Would Wind dragons breathe gusts of wind, and Water dragons spew boiling hot water?

My headcannon is that all dragons breathe fire, but every fire is imbued with elemental magic of that dragon's flight.

In the sidescrolling RPG Dragonfable, your pet dragon breathes fire no matter the element but the fire is colored differently. For example, Wind fire is lime green, Water fire is dark blue, and Darkness fire is black.

What are your thoughts?
So I've been wondering this for a while now.

There's official art of the Mirror and the Guardian fighting, and the Mirror is breathing fire if I remember. But in the coliseum, each flight has their own elemental "breath" attack.

So does that mean only Fire dragons breathe fire? Would Wind dragons breathe gusts of wind, and Water dragons spew boiling hot water?

My headcannon is that all dragons breathe fire, but every fire is imbued with elemental magic of that dragon's flight.

In the sidescrolling RPG Dragonfable, your pet dragon breathes fire no matter the element but the fire is colored differently. For example, Wind fire is lime green, Water fire is dark blue, and Darkness fire is black.

What are your thoughts?
Good question.

On one hand, one of the trademarks of dragons is being able to breathe fire, something like fire. Then one would assume that all of them do breathe fire.

On the other hand, it doesn't sense to assume this on FR because of the elemental features. Would it make sense for non-fire dragons to breathe fire? If they do, isn't that a bit unfair to fire dragons? And also, if they do, why isn't this feature used in the coli, or anywhere else?

This especially bugs me concerning the coli. Offense dragons use scratch, and other physical attacks. Magic dragons can use bolts and gusts and such, and one could picture that as their "fire" attack, coming from the mouth. But what about the physical, melee dragons? A "slash" from the mouth? Nah.

So, as you can see, it's less worrisome to believe that not all FR dragons can breathe fire, although, I admit, it's not something I would prefer to believe.
I just love the fact that dragons breathe fire, is all.
Good question.

On one hand, one of the trademarks of dragons is being able to breathe fire, something like fire. Then one would assume that all of them do breathe fire.

On the other hand, it doesn't sense to assume this on FR because of the elemental features. Would it make sense for non-fire dragons to breathe fire? If they do, isn't that a bit unfair to fire dragons? And also, if they do, why isn't this feature used in the coli, or anywhere else?

This especially bugs me concerning the coli. Offense dragons use scratch, and other physical attacks. Magic dragons can use bolts and gusts and such, and one could picture that as their "fire" attack, coming from the mouth. But what about the physical, melee dragons? A "slash" from the mouth? Nah.

So, as you can see, it's less worrisome to believe that not all FR dragons can breathe fire, although, I admit, it's not something I would prefer to believe.
I just love the fact that dragons breathe fire, is all.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
No in my view.

The mirror in that case was a fire mirror, fighting against a lightning guardian. Breathing fire is exclusive to fire flight dragons. Other dragons have their other elemental attacks/breaths.
No in my view.

The mirror in that case was a fire mirror, fighting against a lightning guardian. Breathing fire is exclusive to fire flight dragons. Other dragons have their other elemental attacks/breaths.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
@Takora

Then what do Earth dragons breathe? Rocks? I feel like that'd be.....awfully uncomfortable XD

Plague? Nature? What breathe would they have?
@Takora

Then what do Earth dragons breathe? Rocks? I feel like that'd be.....awfully uncomfortable XD

Plague? Nature? What breathe would they have?
I don't think so. The old dom pic also showed the guardian with lightning behind it, illustrating that it was using some lightning attack. I'm sure water dergs can shoot water, plague can shoot out pestilence, etc.
I don't think so. The old dom pic also showed the guardian with lightning behind it, illustrating that it was using some lightning attack. I'm sure water dergs can shoot water, plague can shoot out pestilence, etc.
18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png910.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png18?cb=20081027135117.png
@Kuhli
Not every element has "breath" attacks so to say. Earth dragons barfing rocks would be stupid.
@Kuhli
Not every element has "breath" attacks so to say. Earth dragons barfing rocks would be stupid.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
I think that only fire-element dragons would do that - other dragons might have different powers, not linked exclusively to the traditional "hey i breathe ___" archetype.

Example: Nature dragons might be able to summon vines to ensnare enemies, or Earth dragons could shape the earth, whether by splitting it, raising it up, or lowering it.
I think that only fire-element dragons would do that - other dragons might have different powers, not linked exclusively to the traditional "hey i breathe ___" archetype.

Example: Nature dragons might be able to summon vines to ensnare enemies, or Earth dragons could shape the earth, whether by splitting it, raising it up, or lowering it.
he/they | sorry i barely post lol
@Juba @Takora

Oooh, so Earth dragons could be like the Earthbenders from Avatar? With geokinesis/terrkinesis?

And Nature could control vines and plants?

Still, what would Plague control?

omg what if Plague could reanimate corpses and use them as zombie fodder :o
@Juba @Takora

Oooh, so Earth dragons could be like the Earthbenders from Avatar? With geokinesis/terrkinesis?

And Nature could control vines and plants?

Still, what would Plague control?

omg what if Plague could reanimate corpses and use them as zombie fodder :o
It would be cool to breath purple fire
It would be cool to breath purple fire
17539_s.gif
@Kuhli Plague dragons might have a breath that's just... breathing on another dragon, and the air released could have spores or toxins that infect other dragons. Airborne diseases and the like.

Light dragons might be able to blind others by intensifying the light around them - either briefly or for long enough that they can escape.

Shadow dragons might have something similar, where clouds go across the sun and everything gets really dark.
@Kuhli Plague dragons might have a breath that's just... breathing on another dragon, and the air released could have spores or toxins that infect other dragons. Airborne diseases and the like.

Light dragons might be able to blind others by intensifying the light around them - either briefly or for long enough that they can escape.

Shadow dragons might have something similar, where clouds go across the sun and everything gets really dark.
he/they | sorry i barely post lol
1 2 3 4