Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you save money?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Through sheer will-power. Or laziness. I have goals that I've prioritized for myself and sometimes I won't let myself spend anything until I reach it, but other times, there's just nothing I want enough to spend the money.
Through sheer will-power. Or laziness. I have goals that I've prioritized for myself and sometimes I won't let myself spend anything until I reach it, but other times, there's just nothing I want enough to spend the money.
JViYfKK.png
I think I'm a... natural money-saver or something. I just like having it.

Having a maxed-out lair helps - I can't really spend much money on dragons any more. XD
I think I'm a... natural money-saver or something. I just like having it.

Having a maxed-out lair helps - I can't really spend much money on dragons any more. XD
I began exalting dragons for a profit, and as I saw my treasure increase, I tell myself, "Maybe I can make it to 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, etc." I'm now hovering above and below 4 million treasure.
I began exalting dragons for a profit, and as I saw my treasure increase, I tell myself, "Maybe I can make it to 1 mil, 2 mil, 3 mil, etc." I'm now hovering above and below 4 million treasure.
I just sell the huge amounts of junk in my hoard.
I just sell the huge amounts of junk in my hoard.
olly / 15
sell what i get in the coli and through gathering, and occasionally play fairgrounds when i really need it
and never look in the ah for anything other than what you need because then you'll wind up bringing home two more dragons than you needed, and don't look at them in the workshop as a wc/coatl because then you'll find yourself needing a very expensive scroll for one of them
i....think it's time to clear my hoard out
sell what i get in the coli and through gathering, and occasionally play fairgrounds when i really need it
and never look in the ah for anything other than what you need because then you'll wind up bringing home two more dragons than you needed, and don't look at them in the workshop as a wc/coatl because then you'll find yourself needing a very expensive scroll for one of them
i....think it's time to clear my hoard out
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
@Blitzstrike
@Blitzstrike
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
I'm another of those people with a floating lower limit that I don't let myself drop below. I raise it gradually as time goes on.

I also don't let myself make a lot of purchases, with the exception of festival skins, exalt fodder, and the odd piece of apparel. My largest expense previously was genes but I haven't bought any of those in quite a while. Now the only significant purchases I save up for are lair expansions.
I'm another of those people with a floating lower limit that I don't let myself drop below. I raise it gradually as time goes on.

I also don't let myself make a lot of purchases, with the exception of festival skins, exalt fodder, and the odd piece of apparel. My largest expense previously was genes but I haven't bought any of those in quite a while. Now the only significant purchases I save up for are lair expansions.
CePfUD9.gif
H6F4JRr.png
There was an AI made of dust,
Whose poetry gained it man's trust
If is follows ought,
It'll do what they thought,
In the end we all do what we must.
I just don't let myself go below 1mil. Occasionally I will for 'urgent' things (ooo is that the exact dragon I need that also costs too much money? Let's buy it) but my first priority afterwards is getting back up to a mil. I should try and get to 2mil but I can't do it. xD
I just don't let myself go below 1mil. Occasionally I will for 'urgent' things (ooo is that the exact dragon I need that also costs too much money? Let's buy it) but my first priority afterwards is getting back up to a mil. I should try and get to 2mil but I can't do it. xD
u1CZerW.gif
i've seen seasons come and go, from winter sun to summer snow
I have a lowest amount limit, in case of emergencies. I either don't go under it, or try to earn it back quickly. I also try to justify my purchases. It sometimes doesn't work, or the justifications are sometimes flimsy, but it helps me impulse buying anything new, and overpriced, in the AH.

Like, right now, I'm saving for the 550k lair expansion. I have to save that much money + my fallback money, and I have to justify every purchase I make so that I'm not making the lair expansion harder for myself to achieve.
I have a lowest amount limit, in case of emergencies. I either don't go under it, or try to earn it back quickly. I also try to justify my purchases. It sometimes doesn't work, or the justifications are sometimes flimsy, but it helps me impulse buying anything new, and overpriced, in the AH.

Like, right now, I'm saving for the 550k lair expansion. I have to save that much money + my fallback money, and I have to justify every purchase I make so that I'm not making the lair expansion harder for myself to achieve.
Holocene || they/them || FR+8
pr7Tort.png
If I really REALLY need to save, I'll send it to the Viridian Vault, Nature's in-flight bank. But I rarely do that, as I have pretty good self-control. I'd rather sit on my shinies than spend them...

I have my 1MIL milestone in my inbox, because WHATEVER I NEED I WON'T USE THIS 1MIL. It means a lot to me, and with another half million on my account I can afford pretty much everything I need.
If I really REALLY need to save, I'll send it to the Viridian Vault, Nature's in-flight bank. But I rarely do that, as I have pretty good self-control. I'd rather sit on my shinies than spend them...

I have my 1MIL milestone in my inbox, because WHATEVER I NEED I WON'T USE THIS 1MIL. It means a lot to me, and with another half million on my account I can afford pretty much everything I need.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
1 2 3 4 5 6