Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you save money?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I bank it by buying items on the auction house for their autosell value- not mispriced things of course, but some people put battle stones up for their autosell value, and some of the more common familiars. It's fun but I imagine for most people, the effort wouldn't be worth the time :D
I bank it by buying items on the auction house for their autosell value- not mispriced things of course, but some people put battle stones up for their autosell value, and some of the more common familiars. It's fun but I imagine for most people, the effort wouldn't be worth the time :D
I set limits for myself. Once I hit a certain milestone, that's the base amount of treasure I want to have.

Bsclly, absurd amounts of self control.
I set limits for myself. Once I hit a certain milestone, that's the base amount of treasure I want to have.

I just don't really spend. Make sure what I do spend is gained back as soon as possible. Only spending a bit after I make a huge sale so I don't feel like I'm spending a lot.
I just don't really spend. Make sure what I do spend is gained back as soon as possible. Only spending a bit after I make a huge sale so I don't feel like I'm spending a lot.
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
I just make more than I spend so my total is usually increasing. Then a festival rolls around and all of it disappears.
I just make more than I spend so my total is usually increasing. Then a festival rolls around and all of it disappears.
tumblr_oq86i7RK4Z1wnxxc9o1_100.pnggJ2sy5O.pngsnowpea_potted_imp_sig_by_jeanawei-dbl45ag.png4RNC92e.pngtumblr_oq86pf429u1wnxxc9o1_100.png
I exalt. I didn't, for the longest time, but now? I have a HUGE project that involves a WC scroll, Iridescent, and Shimmer. So I have a big, big goal. "No Spendtember" just isn't my style, so I devised a plan (that is being WRECKED by Starfall, just so we're all aware. xD)

My "base amount" of money is 1 mil, so that's my buffer for Bar, Daub, and Starfall. But, when it comes to MAKING money? Here's the game plan:
  • I turn my "junk" items into gems using Oszs' Junk 4 Gems daily.
  • I record all fodder I exalt and the profit I made from each.
  • For every 100k I make from fodder, 50k goes into gems.
  • I have a store, if anyone needs swipp items/food! I prefer gems, but I'll do treasure if that's your thing.
  • Lair Cleanout/Derg-Selling. It rarely works, but... I need a good quarter of my lair... not in my lair anymore. So I'll keep trying. xD Too pretty to exalt!

I just never, never spend gems. It's a learned habit from other sites. If it's cash currency, I try never to spend it. *shrug* Gems have become my bank.
I exalt. I didn't, for the longest time, but now? I have a HUGE project that involves a WC scroll, Iridescent, and Shimmer. So I have a big, big goal. "No Spendtember" just isn't my style, so I devised a plan (that is being WRECKED by Starfall, just so we're all aware. xD)

My "base amount" of money is 1 mil, so that's my buffer for Bar, Daub, and Starfall. But, when it comes to MAKING money? Here's the game plan:
  • I turn my "junk" items into gems using Oszs' Junk 4 Gems daily.
  • I record all fodder I exalt and the profit I made from each.
  • For every 100k I make from fodder, 50k goes into gems.
  • I have a store, if anyone needs swipp items/food! I prefer gems, but I'll do treasure if that's your thing.
  • Lair Cleanout/Derg-Selling. It rarely works, but... I need a good quarter of my lair... not in my lair anymore. So I'll keep trying. xD Too pretty to exalt!

I just never, never spend gems. It's a learned habit from other sites. If it's cash currency, I try never to spend it. *shrug* Gems have become my bank.
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
i don't spend it
i don't spend it

qOZdpfT.png
not very well

atm im hovering around 150k-200k, i cant seem to get above 200k without spending it all cries

i recently decided to apparel up several of my dragons, and im like "oh ill just buy one piece of apparel every day". and then i buy another bc its not that much! and then next thing you know i have nothing
not very well

atm im hovering around 150k-200k, i cant seem to get above 200k without spending it all cries

i recently decided to apparel up several of my dragons, and im like "oh ill just buy one piece of apparel every day". and then i buy another bc its not that much! and then next thing you know i have nothing
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
[quote name="Esterie" date="2014-09-24 19:20:37"][center][color=#6C997B][font=Georgia] >try >fail >cry Rinse and repeat. :I[/font][/color][/center][/quote] My FR life.
Esterie wrote on 2014-09-24 19:20:37:
>try
>fail
>cry

Rinse and repeat. :I

My FR life.
7az1aeY.gif
[quote name="bec" date="2014-09-24 21:37:10"]I set limits for myself. Once I hit a certain milestone, that's the base amount of treasure I want to have. Bsclly, absurd amounts of self control.[/quote] This! My marker is around the million now, and I'll just keep trying to make it higher. Of course, as a Gen1 collector it could hypothetically all be gone in minutes for genes, so. It also helps to not buy anything unless you REALLY NEED IT in your lair. I also don't apparel hunt for a specific dragon, I always just throw on what I've already got.
bec wrote on 2014-09-24 21:37:10:

This! My marker is around the million now, and I'll just keep trying to make it higher.

Of course, as a Gen1 collector it could hypothetically all be gone in minutes for genes, so.

It also helps to not buy anything unless you REALLY NEED IT in your lair. I also don't apparel hunt for a specific dragon, I always just throw on what I've already got.
Right now I'm trying not to open the mini-packs that drop in the coli, so I've got stacks of leafy pack, fishscale baskets, burlap sacks, featherfall packs and longneck packs that I'll only open if I get desperate for money. Each stack of 99 gives from about 10000 to about 30000 treasure.
Right now I'm trying not to open the mini-packs that drop in the coli, so I've got stacks of leafy pack, fishscale baskets, burlap sacks, featherfall packs and longneck packs that I'll only open if I get desperate for money. Each stack of 99 gives from about 10000 to about 30000 treasure.
1 2 3 4 5 6