Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1 2 3 4
@Misplaced I'd imagine they get hungry, and eat most of them. (I say most because they might leave the head and parts of the body which could form into an emperor) Or if they're corrupted by the shade maybe they'll just kill dragons for fun.
@Misplaced I'd imagine they get hungry, and eat most of them. (I say most because they might leave the head and parts of the body which could form into an emperor) Or if they're corrupted by the shade maybe they'll just kill dragons for fun.
.... I'm never going to complain about 1 egg nests again ....
.... I'm never going to complain about 1 egg nests again ....
Yup, I agree that the predator thing is unlikely because you need the bodies for an Emperor. But it still gives me ideas. What if one of the parents gets infected with some disease and all of them catch it and die... then you´d have two large heads and several small heads on an Emperor?
Yup, I agree that the predator thing is unlikely because you need the bodies for an Emperor. But it still gives me ideas. What if one of the parents gets infected with some disease and all of them catch it and die... then you´d have two large heads and several small heads on an Emperor?
I think this scenario makes it a credible theory that Imperials are incredibly overprotective of nests, to the point of paranoia, or kidding Guardians into taking their eggs as their Charge.
I think this scenario makes it a credible theory that Imperials are incredibly overprotective of nests, to the point of paranoia, or kidding Guardians into taking their eggs as their Charge.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
I need mini emperor dragons in my life.
I need mini emperor dragons in my life.
USERbanner.png
O.o

*Looks at four egg imp nest* sitting innocuously in lair.

...Mini emperor anyone? ^.^''
O.o

*Looks at four egg imp nest* sitting innocuously in lair.

...Mini emperor anyone? ^.^''
Oh dear... that's pretty sad to think about :c.
Oh dear... that's pretty sad to think about :c.
YAInbwx.gif lynn
any prons | fr +3
toyhou.se | carrd
[quote name="Pippers" date="2014-07-09 22:19:22"] "GET IT OUT OF HERE [b]OH MYSELF[/b] WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT IT'S CHEWING ON ITS OWN FACES GET IT OUT!"[/quote] Headcannon for what gods yell.
Pippers wrote on 2014-07-09 22:19:22:
"GET IT OUT OF HERE OH MYSELF WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT IT'S CHEWING ON ITS OWN FACES GET IT OUT!"

Headcannon for what gods yell.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@Misplaced
@Missooni

Predators can also kill others to defend their territory or prevent having a future competitor for food. So, in this scenario they could be getting rid of the offspring as a way to shoo the progenitors off their old territory, or even eliminating them before they wander into their lands looking for more space for the clan (or themselves, if that's your cannon).
@Misplaced
@Missooni

Predators can also kill others to defend their territory or prevent having a future competitor for food. So, in this scenario they could be getting rid of the offspring as a way to shoo the progenitors off their old territory, or even eliminating them before they wander into their lands looking for more space for the clan (or themselves, if that's your cannon).
Make no wonder Imperials are gloomy buggers - the emotional weight they have to carry, knowing just what they or their loved ones could turn into. And if they're not born with the knowledge, imagine the mother of all "Now you're getting older, Child" conversations they have to have.

Though the idea of Imperials as cuckoos, spreading their eggs between the nests of other dragons to prevent an emperor nestling - that has merit. Maybe, instead of sneaking them in, they could pay the parents of the host nest a bit of treasure to "foster" for them, but it would be increasingly difficult to maintain secrecy about why they need to do it, so they have to think up ever more elaborate stories and try to keep them all straight in their heads so they don't contradict themselves.

The deck is really stacked against an Imperial seeking a happy, carefree life, isn't it? An entire breed of bitter disenchanted depression-prone paranoics. Poor sods.
Make no wonder Imperials are gloomy buggers - the emotional weight they have to carry, knowing just what they or their loved ones could turn into. And if they're not born with the knowledge, imagine the mother of all "Now you're getting older, Child" conversations they have to have.

Though the idea of Imperials as cuckoos, spreading their eggs between the nests of other dragons to prevent an emperor nestling - that has merit. Maybe, instead of sneaking them in, they could pay the parents of the host nest a bit of treasure to "foster" for them, but it would be increasingly difficult to maintain secrecy about why they need to do it, so they have to think up ever more elaborate stories and try to keep them all straight in their heads so they don't contradict themselves.

The deck is really stacked against an Imperial seeking a happy, carefree life, isn't it? An entire breed of bitter disenchanted depression-prone paranoics. Poor sods.
Attermire Scar
1 2 3 4