Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight change sorrows!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
haha, I'm kind of the flipside of Layz...

I joined Water because I wanted a bit of a smaller community that was also pretty laid-back and not very competitive. And I did get that! And I do love Water and feel really attached to it! But it's a bit... not *quite* ideal on a number of fronts. The eyes are okay but not perfect, especially for some of the darker dragons I like (although Wind eyes are a bit weirdly greenish for me, I prefer Ice, Light and Lightning on that front). I love the idea of our lairs being underwater and the different locations in the Sea of a Thousand Currents (this is me, eager to get a lair upgrade so I can move to the Fishspine Reef), but the oracular part of Water lore just doesn't appeal to me at all. The community is lovely and everyone is really friendly and generous but I still don't quite feel I fit in. :/ The creative part of Wind and that part of its lore really appeal to me, as does the nomadic wandering-in-wandering-out nature of the flight (ask me about my interest patterns sometime). And elementwise I'd usually consider myself air over water over fire and earth. But I'm not sure I like the size and I'm not sure I like the eyes.

Or on another front, I'm a mathematician and the STEM side of Lightning appeals to me very much and I do love Lightning eyes... but the super-organised part of its reputation makes me wonder how well I'd fit in, the lore isn't as much to my taste as Water or Wind's, and the "Stormcatcher says get back to work, you slackers!" thing sort of hits a few sore spots for me.

IDK, it's weird... I began reading this thread going "I totally love Water" and ended it having almost convinced myself to switch to Wind, lol. I only joined this month, so I'll give it a few months and see how I feel... but I guess it's an option to keep in mind.
haha, I'm kind of the flipside of Layz...

I joined Water because I wanted a bit of a smaller community that was also pretty laid-back and not very competitive. And I did get that! And I do love Water and feel really attached to it! But it's a bit... not *quite* ideal on a number of fronts. The eyes are okay but not perfect, especially for some of the darker dragons I like (although Wind eyes are a bit weirdly greenish for me, I prefer Ice, Light and Lightning on that front). I love the idea of our lairs being underwater and the different locations in the Sea of a Thousand Currents (this is me, eager to get a lair upgrade so I can move to the Fishspine Reef), but the oracular part of Water lore just doesn't appeal to me at all. The community is lovely and everyone is really friendly and generous but I still don't quite feel I fit in. :/ The creative part of Wind and that part of its lore really appeal to me, as does the nomadic wandering-in-wandering-out nature of the flight (ask me about my interest patterns sometime). And elementwise I'd usually consider myself air over water over fire and earth. But I'm not sure I like the size and I'm not sure I like the eyes.

Or on another front, I'm a mathematician and the STEM side of Lightning appeals to me very much and I do love Lightning eyes... but the super-organised part of its reputation makes me wonder how well I'd fit in, the lore isn't as much to my taste as Water or Wind's, and the "Stormcatcher says get back to work, you slackers!" thing sort of hits a few sore spots for me.

IDK, it's weird... I began reading this thread going "I totally love Water" and ended it having almost convinced myself to switch to Wind, lol. I only joined this month, so I'll give it a few months and see how I feel... but I guess it's an option to keep in mind.
9cjDdGL.png
I am having SUCH an issue with this right now! I want to eventually be in every flight, knowing full well that yes, this is a five-year venture. I've been in Plague and Earth (both are fantastic), but the next flight is important to me because I want them to have a friendly, active community, but not a forum cluttered with sales, raffles, and giveaways. I've asked around, but no one seems willing to speak frankly as to whether or not their forum is cluttered in this way. Understandable, but still frustrating - I want to meet and interact with new flightmates! But it's impossible to do that if discussions are pushed down by S/R/G's, I've started calling them - or if there isn't really much communication to begin with. And every time I fix my eye on a new flight, I'll inevitably find a post somewhere bemoaning the cluttered forum. So it's been hard. I'm not sure where to go.

Bah. Sorry for ranting, it's just been heavy on my FR-mind lately. Ignore me.
I am having SUCH an issue with this right now! I want to eventually be in every flight, knowing full well that yes, this is a five-year venture. I've been in Plague and Earth (both are fantastic), but the next flight is important to me because I want them to have a friendly, active community, but not a forum cluttered with sales, raffles, and giveaways. I've asked around, but no one seems willing to speak frankly as to whether or not their forum is cluttered in this way. Understandable, but still frustrating - I want to meet and interact with new flightmates! But it's impossible to do that if discussions are pushed down by S/R/G's, I've started calling them - or if there isn't really much communication to begin with. And every time I fix my eye on a new flight, I'll inevitably find a post somewhere bemoaning the cluttered forum. So it's been hard. I'm not sure where to go.

Bah. Sorry for ranting, it's just been heavy on my FR-mind lately. Ignore me.
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
I do kinda miss natures green eyes, but right now I'm pretty happy being in Earth flight.
I do kinda miss natures green eyes, but right now I'm pretty happy being in Earth flight.
nXKI4pB.png
I'm Lightning at heart (and was apart of the flight for nearly a year) but with about 75% of my breeding pairs needing pink eyes, I finally had to make the switch. :( Arcane is a lovely flight and the people are very kind, but it just feels doesn't feel right after being apart of lightning for so long.
I'm Lightning at heart (and was apart of the flight for nearly a year) but with about 75% of my breeding pairs needing pink eyes, I finally had to make the switch. :( Arcane is a lovely flight and the people are very kind, but it just feels doesn't feel right after being apart of lightning for so long.
ICW8UfZ.png
I love Light, everyone's so nice, the lore's fascinating, the eyes are pretty, and the personality description fits me perfectly but Ice flight man... I really like the eyes. I don't know what it is about Ice but I'm really interested in it. If only I knew more about the community and lore. I'm gonna stay in Light for at least a few more months before I start seriously considering switching flights though. I'm also sorta interested in Lightning though as that was the other flight I was considering when I joined. Other flights also seem to have more interesting forums than Light's which is pretty important to me because I really, really like forums. Maybe Light's are just a little boring due to Brightstone planning though. If that's the case then I'll find out what they're really like soon.
I love Light, everyone's so nice, the lore's fascinating, the eyes are pretty, and the personality description fits me perfectly but Ice flight man... I really like the eyes. I don't know what it is about Ice but I'm really interested in it. If only I knew more about the community and lore. I'm gonna stay in Light for at least a few more months before I start seriously considering switching flights though. I'm also sorta interested in Lightning though as that was the other flight I was considering when I joined. Other flights also seem to have more interesting forums than Light's which is pretty important to me because I really, really like forums. Maybe Light's are just a little boring due to Brightstone planning though. If that's the case then I'll find out what they're really like soon.
c31cd73353e8e18a174efbb6ef9aa809.gif
I love Ice to bits - between the puns and the cool eye color I'm having a tough time leaving! I've never felt like I was that connected to the community, though, and it's a bit late to start now that I've been there an entire year. :P Light was one of my top choices when I first joined, so I think I'll be heading there next! I love the eyes and the lore seems really cool.
I love Ice to bits - between the puns and the cool eye color I'm having a tough time leaving! I've never felt like I was that connected to the community, though, and it's a bit late to start now that I've been there an entire year. :P Light was one of my top choices when I first joined, so I think I'll be heading there next! I love the eyes and the lore seems really cool.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
I was originally in Nature but then I got a strong urge to switch to either Plague or Shadow because I like dark stuff. I decided on Shadow but sometimes I get the urge to switch again. I don't really have an explanation for it all, it just happens.
I was originally in Nature but then I got a strong urge to switch to either Plague or Shadow because I like dark stuff. I decided on Shadow but sometimes I get the urge to switch again. I don't really have an explanation for it all, it just happens.
I don't pay attention to lore, but if Lightning's wasn't what it currently is and more like what I thought it would be when I joined, which is awesome chaos and destruction and rebirth and basically awesome explosions I just really love Thor ok?, I might have.

As it stands, I like Lightning eyes the best for all purpose pretty, so I'll never move.
I don't pay attention to lore, but if Lightning's wasn't what it currently is and more like what I thought it would be when I joined, which is awesome chaos and destruction and rebirth and basically awesome explosions I just really love Thor ok?, I might have.

As it stands, I like Lightning eyes the best for all purpose pretty, so I'll never move.
I get that. I choose Arcane because it actually suits my personality pretty well. Love the community, love the artwork, even fine with the eye color.
But...
Auntie Plague (I'm one to think Space Daddy is the brother of the Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper, so I call them Auntie Plague and Auntie Glade) is also calling to me. I really, really want to go but I don't want to leave behind Arcane. My head is going to explode, I swear.
I get that. I choose Arcane because it actually suits my personality pretty well. Love the community, love the artwork, even fine with the eye color.
But...
Auntie Plague (I'm one to think Space Daddy is the brother of the Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper, so I call them Auntie Plague and Auntie Glade) is also calling to me. I really, really want to go but I don't want to leave behind Arcane. My head is going to explode, I swear.
@KingAlex: Don't feel bad about leaving us, just make sure you make a thread so we can throw you a proper party and say goodbye! As long as you had fun during your stay, that's all that matters.

As for me, I don't think I could ever permanently go someplace else, Earth suits my personality too well. If I were to travel to another flight, it would be either Wind (my sun sign is Taurus/Gemini cusp and FR is creating a nice little war between them), or Shadow because I've met some really awesome people from Shadow and I think I could be comfortable there.
@KingAlex: Don't feel bad about leaving us, just make sure you make a thread so we can throw you a proper party and say goodbye! As long as you had fun during your stay, that's all that matters.

As for me, I don't think I could ever permanently go someplace else, Earth suits my personality too well. If I were to travel to another flight, it would be either Wind (my sun sign is Taurus/Gemini cusp and FR is creating a nice little war between them), or Shadow because I've met some really awesome people from Shadow and I think I could be comfortable there.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14