Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Holiday Dominance Wars [Opinion Poll]
If the flight in question is going to be nice enough to organize a bunch of games, raffles, and giveaways during their holiday, the least you can do is let them have dominance for the week

I say keep it
If the flight in question is going to be nice enough to organize a bunch of games, raffles, and giveaways during their holiday, the least you can do is let them have dominance for the week

I say keep it
TrickoTreatlogosmall_zps7e979b21.png

light_banner.png
Keep things traditional. I think it's a fair tribute.
Keep things traditional. I think it's a fair tribute.
@lizziecat1279
It's a nice tradition, which I would love to see continue.
@lizziecat1279
It's a nice tradition, which I would love to see continue.
sss.gif
@lizziecat1279 I say we should keep the tradition. That way if nothing else less populated flights or flights that have less focus on exalting, will at least get one week of the year when they can get the benefits that comes with dominance.
@lizziecat1279 I say we should keep the tradition. That way if nothing else less populated flights or flights that have less focus on exalting, will at least get one week of the year when they can get the benefits that comes with dominance.
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
I vote for keeping the tradition, for the sake of the poll; but I'd like to point out that a poll stating that "so many of the users want to keep the tradition" isn't going to deter those who are serious about attempting to steal a dominance away from another flight...

I think the true proof of the community's will in this matter would be how we as a whole react to an actual attempt to steal dominance away from a flight that is actively trying to secure it for their holiday.
I vote for keeping the tradition, for the sake of the poll; but I'd like to point out that a poll stating that "so many of the users want to keep the tradition" isn't going to deter those who are serious about attempting to steal a dominance away from another flight...

I think the true proof of the community's will in this matter would be how we as a whole react to an actual attempt to steal dominance away from a flight that is actively trying to secure it for their holiday.
eswSnrS.png
fdUVIfW.png
JvUa9ma.png
WOnbzPI.png

Like my profile dragon? She's up for auction!
I really like the tradition. Nature probably wouldn't have gotten this dominance had they had to fight for it (I hear nature isnt a very pushy flight). Besides, there is an entire month where there is no festival so four weeks of pushing (and there are literally only 11 weeks out of the year that have events).

I believe fire also had to fight for their dominance last year, could be wrong, I believe that they almost had it taken from them but they snagged it back at the last second.
I really like the tradition. Nature probably wouldn't have gotten this dominance had they had to fight for it (I hear nature isnt a very pushy flight). Besides, there is an entire month where there is no festival so four weeks of pushing (and there are literally only 11 weeks out of the year that have events).

I believe fire also had to fight for their dominance last year, could be wrong, I believe that they almost had it taken from them but they snagged it back at the last second.
@Luxio We aren't super active in terms of regularly pushing for dom (like plague or whatever) so impromptu pushes don't tend to do very well, but when we push we push! If anything this week we had fewer dragons exalted from us because of the simple reason of one of our biggest organizers had a trip that she forgot about that she just got back from like yesterday.
And I think you might be thinking of Lightning, since I don't remember hearing anything about fire flight having to fight for it (though to be fair I wasn't super active then either)

@tiffdawriter This isn't so much to say "oh hey look how many people are opposed to holiday dominance wars" but rather to see just how many people would actually support something like this, since over on *********** there were a lot of anonymous posts claiming that a "bunch of people" would support this. Whether it's because they don't want the public backlash or because they haven't seen this or whatever, my curiousity was in the actual amount of people who would publicly support holiday dominance wars.
I do think the opinion of "holiday dominance wars ok for a flight that encourages it" is a very valid one, and I hope that if holiday dominance wars DO become a thing, they go in that direction rather than just someone randomly being like "let's steal dominance from the celebrating flight yay"
@Luxio We aren't super active in terms of regularly pushing for dom (like plague or whatever) so impromptu pushes don't tend to do very well, but when we push we push! If anything this week we had fewer dragons exalted from us because of the simple reason of one of our biggest organizers had a trip that she forgot about that she just got back from like yesterday.
And I think you might be thinking of Lightning, since I don't remember hearing anything about fire flight having to fight for it (though to be fair I wasn't super active then either)

@tiffdawriter This isn't so much to say "oh hey look how many people are opposed to holiday dominance wars" but rather to see just how many people would actually support something like this, since over on *********** there were a lot of anonymous posts claiming that a "bunch of people" would support this. Whether it's because they don't want the public backlash or because they haven't seen this or whatever, my curiousity was in the actual amount of people who would publicly support holiday dominance wars.
I do think the opinion of "holiday dominance wars ok for a flight that encourages it" is a very valid one, and I hope that if holiday dominance wars DO become a thing, they go in that direction rather than just someone randomly being like "let's steal dominance from the celebrating flight yay"
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@lizziecat1279 whenever sounds good to me.
@lizziecat1279 whenever sounds good to me.
raffle5.png
@lizziecat1279 We should keep the tradition. I prefer the sense of general community and there are seriously only 11 weeks out of the year when it happens.
@lizziecat1279 We should keep the tradition. I prefer the sense of general community and there are seriously only 11 weeks out of the year when it happens.
Keep the tradition. c:
Keep the tradition. c:
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Hololive, Ironmouse, magical girls, danmei... more here!
dffb87fc9d72507bf3d01e777169c007b48cfd3c.gif43e6ac3f92fbd2e9ee694696efce382153f7a2b3.gif tumblr_inline_p9l68fcpHz1rhwzwl_75sq.giftumblr_inline_p9l68gACCF1rhwzwl_75sq.gif 43e6ac3f92fbd2e9ee694696efce382153f7a2b3.gifdffb87fc9d72507bf3d01e777169c007b48cfd3c.gif
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
tumblr_mspwgyWa6g1s8mgkyo1_100.gif