Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That was money well spend.. Why Ice ppl
1 2 3
I think not too long ago, there was a similar thread by someone whose WC hatchling had been bought for 100 1000 gems (?) and then got exalted immediately (and unnamed -_-).
So I guess the answer to the question of 'Why?' would be 'Because someone was too stingy to pay 100 1000 gems for their exalt fodder' :P.
(Seriously, though, I don't understand why people do something like that, either :(.)

edit: corrected amount of gems bc my memory works like a sieve, obviously
I think not too long ago, there was a similar thread by someone whose WC hatchling had been bought for 100 1000 gems (?) and then got exalted immediately (and unnamed -_-).
So I guess the answer to the question of 'Why?' would be 'Because someone was too stingy to pay 100 1000 gems for their exalt fodder' :P.
(Seriously, though, I don't understand why people do something like that, either :(.)

edit: corrected amount of gems bc my memory works like a sieve, obviously
@Morganite

It was 1000 gems for a TG iri/shim/crackle wildclaw.
@Morganite

It was 1000 gems for a TG iri/shim/crackle wildclaw.
[quote name="titian" date="2014-01-09 15:00:03"] As for me, I'm interested that people buy and exalt certain colors to create artificial scarcity! I wish people would do that with a few dragons I have for sale, to be honest, because they don't like they're going to sell any other way =P[/quote] You're clearly not breeding in my favorite range ;)
titian wrote on 2014-01-09 15:00:03:
As for me, I'm interested that people buy and exalt certain colors to create artificial scarcity! I wish people would do that with a few dragons I have for sale, to be honest, because they don't like they're going to sell any other way =P

You're clearly not breeding in my favorite range ;)
@AboveClouds I think you're right (I think there was some talk in the thread about that person having burned 10$). Sry, I didn't remember correctly :(.
@AboveClouds I think you're right (I think there was some talk in the thread about that person having burned 10$). Sry, I didn't remember correctly :(.
I can sympathize with this. I sold a mid iri/mid shim/maize circuit guardian a little while ago for 50k. It was sent to the grand Tidelord soon after. They didn't level it, as it was still a hatchling, and even if it matched all three exalt bonuses that day, it still wouldn't have earned any profit. Someone simply had too much money to burn, I suppose..although, it could have also been a breeding competitor...
I can sympathize with this. I sold a mid iri/mid shim/maize circuit guardian a little while ago for 50k. It was sent to the grand Tidelord soon after. They didn't level it, as it was still a hatchling, and even if it matched all three exalt bonuses that day, it still wouldn't have earned any profit. Someone simply had too much money to burn, I suppose..although, it could have also been a breeding competitor...
ZhydIqY.png
I'm currently project breeding and will be exalting the babies that don't come out right and then the parents when I finally have the right babies I need. Not because I don't want other people to breed similar colours but because I don't want to try to find mates later on only to find out they are related due to selling off babies somewhere back in the pedigree. There can be many reasons for exalting something, maybe they bought it and then checked the pedigree and discovered it was related the the dragon they planned to breed it to? Exalting it will mean less babies coming from it that would also be related, making it harder to find a mate.
I'm currently project breeding and will be exalting the babies that don't come out right and then the parents when I finally have the right babies I need. Not because I don't want other people to breed similar colours but because I don't want to try to find mates later on only to find out they are related due to selling off babies somewhere back in the pedigree. There can be many reasons for exalting something, maybe they bought it and then checked the pedigree and discovered it was related the the dragon they planned to breed it to? Exalting it will mean less babies coming from it that would also be related, making it harder to find a mate.
@Elizlareth

Yeah, but after five generations it doesn't really matter if they're related. /shrug
@Elizlareth

Yeah, but after five generations it doesn't really matter if they're related. /shrug
Like the last time this kind of discussion came up, the simplest explanation is still:

For the lulz.
Like the last time this kind of discussion came up, the simplest explanation is still:

For the lulz.
ccDyspX.png
Wow, that is insane! If the person just wanted lair space, that dragon could've EASILY sold quickly for at LEAST 10k.

And while I do get that users can do whatever they want with dragons they buy, I can understand your disappointment. If there's a dragon I really, REALLY like, I usually sell it at a higher price so there's less chance people will buy it as exalt fodder.

Of course, I suppose if you're a user with a lot of treasure, these prices are pocket change, so eh.
Wow, that is insane! If the person just wanted lair space, that dragon could've EASILY sold quickly for at LEAST 10k.

And while I do get that users can do whatever they want with dragons they buy, I can understand your disappointment. If there's a dragon I really, REALLY like, I usually sell it at a higher price so there's less chance people will buy it as exalt fodder.

Of course, I suppose if you're a user with a lot of treasure, these prices are pocket change, so eh.
I spent 450k on gened imperials to breed them for certain colours/gender. I then obtained the dragon I wanted through different means. Soon, I'll be exlating the planned parents, because I don't have anything anymore to do with them.
I spent 450k on gened imperials to breed them for certain colours/gender. I then obtained the dragon I wanted through different means. Soon, I'll be exlating the planned parents, because I don't have anything anymore to do with them.
ZPPY.png
1 2 3