Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising is BEES
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
:D I see 'em! Thanks guys! gj Undel!
:D I see 'em! Thanks guys! gj Undel!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Anyone find the other Bee yet? :O

Found it! Also in Training Grounds

ZuL9ojM.png
Anyone find the other Bee yet? :O

Found it! Also in Training Grounds

ZuL9ojM.png
1kz7OWt.png
@Jaena
It's not all that hard. If you're serious, I recommend getting a copy of "Guide to Bees & Honey" by Ted Hooper. It's a little dry at times but it's all useful and/or interesting stuff written by like.. THE bee guy. Guy got an MBE for knowing his **** after all, he knows what he's talking about. Well, he knows about bees anyway.
After reading it, if you're still interested you'll have a crapton more knowledge at your fingertips and a better idea of what you're getting yourself into. And all for the price of a book that's interesting in it's own right.

You need a little capital to start off with if you want to buy an actual hive, a nuc or swarm and equipment.. but a local apiary should help put you on the right track. Mine let us borrow some suits and equipment and we were taught how to manage the apiary's bees.
You'll have to actually join the apiary and pay fees of course to keep renting the land or buying equipment and stuff of course, but it's a hell of a lot better to decide it's a bad idea after attending for a month than after you've bought all the kit.

So yeah. Book, then apiary beekeeping club. Pretty standard way of getting into it.
@Jaena
It's not all that hard. If you're serious, I recommend getting a copy of "Guide to Bees & Honey" by Ted Hooper. It's a little dry at times but it's all useful and/or interesting stuff written by like.. THE bee guy. Guy got an MBE for knowing his **** after all, he knows what he's talking about. Well, he knows about bees anyway.
After reading it, if you're still interested you'll have a crapton more knowledge at your fingertips and a better idea of what you're getting yourself into. And all for the price of a book that's interesting in it's own right.

You need a little capital to start off with if you want to buy an actual hive, a nuc or swarm and equipment.. but a local apiary should help put you on the right track. Mine let us borrow some suits and equipment and we were taught how to manage the apiary's bees.
You'll have to actually join the apiary and pay fees of course to keep renting the land or buying equipment and stuff of course, but it's a hell of a lot better to decide it's a bad idea after attending for a month than after you've bought all the kit.

So yeah. Book, then apiary beekeeping club. Pretty standard way of getting into it.
JMMULK0.png
Thanks for the headsup @Rhea

Just went there and snagged myself a new Bumble familiar (as well as two others!)
Thanks for the headsup @Rhea

Just went there and snagged myself a new Bumble familiar (as well as two others!)
hqJ7HMJ.jpg
@Tinkertal Wow, that's a really detailed a thought-out post, but mine was a quote from an Eddie Izzard skit ;__;

Bees are cool, though, just not my cup of...honey
@Tinkertal Wow, that's a really detailed a thought-out post, but mine was a quote from an Eddie Izzard skit ;__;

Bees are cool, though, just not my cup of...honey
cZLsLHr.png
OH MY LANTA. I'm so excited for new familiars! Maybe I should take a break from my pursuit of KS familiars and instead focus on getting "caught up" on my other familiars. o.o Qirigs, these bumbles, the dappled dunhoof. I'm not super worried about the cobras - they're my long-term leisurely pursuit. *rolls happily* I love having goals to aim for; so happy to see new familiars!
OH MY LANTA. I'm so excited for new familiars! Maybe I should take a break from my pursuit of KS familiars and instead focus on getting "caught up" on my other familiars. o.o Qirigs, these bumbles, the dappled dunhoof. I'm not super worried about the cobras - they're my long-term leisurely pursuit. *rolls happily* I love having goals to aim for; so happy to see new familiars!
@Jaena
Is 'kay. Bees aren't quite for everyone. Though eating warm honeycomb that's been out of the hive for less on a hot English summer's day with tea and cake? Yessss...

But I'm serious if anyone else in the thread's interested in bees. Get that book and try going to a local beekeeping club. Should sort itself out from there.
@Jaena
Is 'kay. Bees aren't quite for everyone. Though eating warm honeycomb that's been out of the hive for less on a hot English summer's day with tea and cake? Yessss...

But I'm serious if anyone else in the thread's interested in bees. Get that book and try going to a local beekeeping club. Should sort itself out from there.
JMMULK0.png
@Rhea Lookit :D [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZuL9ojM.png[/IMG] [item=Coral Carpenter] [item=Perdita bee] is what they drop!
@Rhea

Lookit :D

ZuL9ojM.png
Coral Carpenter
Perdita Bee is what they drop!
1kz7OWt.png
@Dragoness Ooooh, so they aren't split up. Time for some hardcore farming in the training grounds then. ^^
@Dragoness Ooooh, so they aren't split up. Time for some hardcore farming in the training grounds then. ^^
[img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/4991e8349e63402bcaed73a9f7cdbb17/tumblr_my52p8WlDh1sbxtq7o1_250.png[/img]
tumblr_my52p8WlDh1sbxtq7o1_250.png
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20