Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 126 127
fmpov the best thing to do is just to be patient and largely defer to other playesr whilst i get my grasp of the gamestate
i have no incentive to gain pushing my world view when i havent played with any of you before
fmpov the best thing to do is just to be patient and largely defer to other playesr whilst i get my grasp of the gamestate
i have no incentive to gain pushing my world view when i havent played with any of you before
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-19 20:57:02" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-19 20:55:03" ] [quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-19 20:51:53" ] @/Tanglefire You asked LostLuminary to give an answer that isn't "an answer that looks very perfected in wolfchat" What is an answer that is not very perfected in wolfchat? [/quote] Idk, maybe showing some posts/notes to show they are a buildup When I read their post explanation today it feels like the post very carefully address them being rush and then immediately direct it onto “is it not right to vote when I’m unsure?” which doesn’t feel like how a town would word it. It’s hard to explain adfhkl I hope you get what I mean [/quote] Genuinely it sounds like a newbie thing... I'm not sure why this is very indicative of mafia? 8 of you voted out Shiny because of one badly worded post, yet she flipped town. She was a newbie too. [/quote] @Tanglefire I think I was missed [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-19 20:57:02:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-19 20:55:03:
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-19 20:51:53:
@/Tanglefire You asked LostLuminary to give an answer that isn't "an answer that looks very perfected in wolfchat"

What is an answer that is not very perfected in wolfchat?

Idk, maybe showing some posts/notes to show they are a buildup

When I read their post explanation today it feels like the post very carefully address them being rush and then immediately direct it onto “is it not right to vote when I’m unsure?” which doesn’t feel like how a town would word it. It’s hard to explain adfhkl I hope you get what I mean

Genuinely it sounds like a newbie thing... I'm not sure why this is very indicative of mafia?

8 of you voted out Shiny because of one badly worded post, yet she flipped town. She was a newbie too.

@Tanglefire I think I was missed
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
By solving I mean killing btw
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-19 21:03:23" ] By solving I mean killing btw [/quote] ill have a better answer for you tommorow but i dont think that my judgement today should be followed and / or trusted taken into account sure but not the former
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-19 21:03:23:
ill have a better answer for you tommorow but i dont think that my judgement today should be followed and / or trusted
taken into account sure but not the former
Here's part one, posted now because I'm quite nervous about how long this is taking.

Town
Me: Yeah.
softsylveon: Through a roundabout way which I hesitate to go into detail about, it has come to my attention that softsylveon is definitely not mafia. I can give you more information that proves additional knowledge, but earlier warnings in the thread (like Cap's ability) seem to point towards being vague for as long as possible.
Tanglefire: You are accusing me, but it is for good reasons that I understand. You're wrong, but I think it's more a quirk of fate (busy day + long car drive + voting for the person the mafia probably wanted me to) than a nefarious mafia plot to end me specifically. Your confirmed lover also works in your favor -- I know that mafia/town pairings are a possibility, but I'd assume that she wouldn't have claimed you as lovers if she'd gotten off vibes during your chats. And, well, I'd also be eliminating the other person I'm most confident (only person I'm really confident about?) about if I voted for you.

Storia: This was a fair bit ago, but early on in the game I trusted her based on other's comments about how she acted in games as mafia vs. how she acted in this one. Looking back, ShinyDecidueye was the one who talked about that, so I still maintain that trust.
Raccoon: Despite my earlier vote, it does make a lot of sense for him to be town based on the Cap reveal.

Scum
This is the part that I find quite difficult! Since I do agree with the idea that the mafia would be pushing for a Raccoon vote (despite, y'know, doing that -- hindsight is 20/20) I suppose it makes sense to start with those that voted for Raccoon.

autumnseas: I feel bad and uncertain about putting this name here solely for the Raccoon vote. I did a search of the forums and there wasn't much else to go off of. In all honesty, putting this name here feels a lot like when I voted for Raccoon. I'm doing this because I'm supposed to put some sort of scum here. Leaving it blank (even if this is part one) would be suspicious.

[Tanlge, this isn't too relevant, but I'm quite pleased that you thought my post was nicely written -- even if you feel that it doesn't explain much. It was not written beforehand.]
Here's part one, posted now because I'm quite nervous about how long this is taking.

Town
Me: Yeah.
softsylveon: Through a roundabout way which I hesitate to go into detail about, it has come to my attention that softsylveon is definitely not mafia. I can give you more information that proves additional knowledge, but earlier warnings in the thread (like Cap's ability) seem to point towards being vague for as long as possible.
Tanglefire: You are accusing me, but it is for good reasons that I understand. You're wrong, but I think it's more a quirk of fate (busy day + long car drive + voting for the person the mafia probably wanted me to) than a nefarious mafia plot to end me specifically. Your confirmed lover also works in your favor -- I know that mafia/town pairings are a possibility, but I'd assume that she wouldn't have claimed you as lovers if she'd gotten off vibes during your chats. And, well, I'd also be eliminating the other person I'm most confident (only person I'm really confident about?) about if I voted for you.

Storia: This was a fair bit ago, but early on in the game I trusted her based on other's comments about how she acted in games as mafia vs. how she acted in this one. Looking back, ShinyDecidueye was the one who talked about that, so I still maintain that trust.
Raccoon: Despite my earlier vote, it does make a lot of sense for him to be town based on the Cap reveal.

Scum
This is the part that I find quite difficult! Since I do agree with the idea that the mafia would be pushing for a Raccoon vote (despite, y'know, doing that -- hindsight is 20/20) I suppose it makes sense to start with those that voted for Raccoon.

autumnseas: I feel bad and uncertain about putting this name here solely for the Raccoon vote. I did a search of the forums and there wasn't much else to go off of. In all honesty, putting this name here feels a lot like when I voted for Raccoon. I'm doing this because I'm supposed to put some sort of scum here. Leaving it blank (even if this is part one) would be suspicious.

[Tanlge, this isn't too relevant, but I'm quite pleased that you thought my post was nicely written -- even if you feel that it doesn't explain much. It was not written beforehand.]
im heading to sleep now, see yall tmr
im heading to sleep now, see yall tmr
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-19 21:03:08" ] [quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-19 20:57:02" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-19 20:55:03" ] [quote name="Starwindrider" date="2024-04-19 20:51:53" ] @/Tanglefire You asked LostLuminary to give an answer that isn't "an answer that looks very perfected in wolfchat" What is an answer that is not very perfected in wolfchat? [/quote] Idk, maybe showing some posts/notes to show they are a buildup When I read their post explanation today it feels like the post very carefully address them being rush and then immediately direct it onto “is it not right to vote when I’m unsure?” which doesn’t feel like how a town would word it. It’s hard to explain adfhkl I hope you get what I mean [/quote] Genuinely it sounds like a newbie thing... I'm not sure why this is very indicative of mafia? 8 of you voted out Shiny because of one badly worded post, yet she flipped town. She was a newbie too. [/quote] @/Tanglefire I think I was missed [emoji=coatl sad size=1] [/quote] Well I didn’t vote for shiny you gotta ask why those who did failed to read them as a newbie town But I don’t like how you’re jumping to “because we yeeted a town for newbie-ish actions, the next possibly newbie-isn action we yeet is also town” Ive already explained why it reads as wolfy as me. I can be wrong. Fine sure you read it as newbie that’s on you. The bolded quote that lukeh quoted may actually ne more newbie. But if we look at this post in singular I don’t really think so.
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-19 21:03:08:
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-19 20:57:02:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-19 20:55:03:
Starwindrider wrote on 2024-04-19 20:51:53:
@/Tanglefire You asked LostLuminary to give an answer that isn't "an answer that looks very perfected in wolfchat"

What is an answer that is not very perfected in wolfchat?

Idk, maybe showing some posts/notes to show they are a buildup

When I read their post explanation today it feels like the post very carefully address them being rush and then immediately direct it onto “is it not right to vote when I’m unsure?” which doesn’t feel like how a town would word it. It’s hard to explain adfhkl I hope you get what I mean

Genuinely it sounds like a newbie thing... I'm not sure why this is very indicative of mafia?

8 of you voted out Shiny because of one badly worded post, yet she flipped town. She was a newbie too.

@/Tanglefire I think I was missed

Well I didn’t vote for shiny you gotta ask why those who did failed to read them as a newbie town
But I don’t like how you’re jumping to “because we yeeted a town for newbie-ish actions, the next possibly newbie-isn action we yeet is also town”

Ive already explained why it reads as wolfy as me. I can be wrong. Fine sure you read it as newbie that’s on you. The bolded quote that lukeh quoted may actually ne more newbie. But if we look at this post in singular I don’t really think so.
@Tanglefire I do agree that the bolded section Lukeh pointed out is newbie-like. In fact I said something similar.

With that statement in consideration, do you still think as strongly of Lost being mafia?
@Tanglefire I do agree that the bolded section Lukeh pointed out is newbie-like. In fact I said something similar.

With that statement in consideration, do you still think as strongly of Lost being mafia?
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[quote name="Lukeh" date="2024-04-19 21:04:22" ] [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2024-04-19 21:03:23" ] By solving I mean killing btw [/quote] ill have a better answer for you tommorow but i dont think that my judgement today should be followed and / or trusted taken into account sure but not the former [/quote] …nice play I’m just surprised you didn’t ask to resolve raccoon first because with how you’re reading, once raccoon flip it’s clear whether there are bussing and where wolves are, and therefore everyone else is solvable
Lukeh wrote on 2024-04-19 21:04:22:
Tanglefire wrote on 2024-04-19 21:03:23:
ill have a better answer for you tommorow but i dont think that my judgement today should be followed and / or trusted
taken into account sure but not the former

…nice play

I’m just surprised you didn’t ask to resolve raccoon first because with how you’re reading, once raccoon flip it’s clear whether there are bussing and where wolves are, and therefore everyone else is solvable

[quote name="Lukeh" date="2024-04-19 21:02:52" ] fmpov the best thing to do is just to be patient and largely defer to other playesr whilst i get my grasp of the gamestate i have no incentive to gain pushing my world view when i havent played with any of you before [/quote] wrong we played like once remember Emoreon?
Lukeh wrote on 2024-04-19 21:02:52:

wrong we played like once
remember Emoreon?
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 126 127