Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Poetry Lovers Mafia Game Thread
Players
@Ainsell @ArtMajor @autumnseas @B00KW0RM @CaptainTsundere @ChaoticPotato @EmbertheSkywing @fearfax @Hiii @hotpants @Leremis @LostLuminary @natsinabucket @RaccoonusDoodus @ShinyDecidueye @Slairisk @softsylveon @SpiderQueen8 @Starwindrider @Storia @StormDreamer @Tanglefire @Lukeh

Subs
@Cognitive @Marketplace @TheSilverScepter

Specs
@Luftschloss @AwkwardTrash @terrify @willowlight @Astaraela

Lukeh has subbed in for Astaraela! Please do not discuss substitutions.

(Also it is still night phase and you may not post in the thread.)
Players
@Ainsell @ArtMajor @autumnseas @B00KW0RM @CaptainTsundere @ChaoticPotato @EmbertheSkywing @fearfax @Hiii @hotpants @Leremis @LostLuminary @natsinabucket @RaccoonusDoodus @ShinyDecidueye @Slairisk @softsylveon @SpiderQueen8 @Starwindrider @Storia @StormDreamer @Tanglefire @Lukeh

Subs

Specs

Lukeh has subbed in for Astaraela! Please do not discuss substitutions.

(Also it is still night phase and you may not post in the thread.)
mafia_mwins_by_adorningmoon-dbngc6s.pngqE8Hr5x.png7KH6nU3.png397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
Night 1 Deaths

Hiii has died, they were Town.

You are a member of the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been killed.

Your Lover is: ChaoticPotato (pair A)
If you or your lover dies, the other will also die of lovesickness and nothing can prevent this.

Poem: anyone lived in a pretty how town by E. E. Cummings

“ stars rain sun moon
(and only the snow can begin to explain
how children are apt to forget to remember
with up so floating many bells down)”

You have the following abilities:

Poem Exchange [1-shot] - Once per game at night, you may swap the poem on your rolecard with another player.

Eat a Poem [1-shot] - Once per game during the day, you may choose to invalidate your lover’s vote. They will not be notified of this.

The bookish dark [passive] - Any investigative abilities will return an “unknown” result.

ChaoticPotato has died of lovesickness, they were Town.

You are a member of the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been killed.

Your Lover is: Hiii (pair A)
If you or your lover dies, the other will also die of lovesickness and nothing can prevent this.

Poem: Secret Tunnel from Avatar: The Last Airbender

“Two lovers, forbidden from one another

A war divides their people

And a mountain divides them apart

Built a path to be together

*And die…*

Secret tunnel!

Secret tunnel!

Through the mountain!

Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel!”

Secret Tiebreaker [passive] - You will break any vote ties between players. Essentially, your vote will count for 1.5 votes.

Lovers Reunited [active] - Target a player at night and free them of any communication restrictions they have.

Ainsell has died, they were Town.

Your Lover is: natsinabucket (pair F)

Poem: The Starry Night by Anne Sexton

“The town does not exist
except where one black-haired tree slips
up like a drowned woman into the hot sky.
The town is silent. The night boils with eleven stars.
Oh starry starry night! This is how
I want to die.”

Into the Starry Night [active] - Each night, protect one player from death. Cannot be used on yourself or your lover, and cannot be used on the same player two nights in a row.

natsinabucket has died of lovesickness, they were Town.

Your Lover is: Ainsell (pair F)

Poem: I Dwell in Possibility by Emily Dickinson

“I dwell in Possibility –
A fairer House than Prose –
More numerous of Windows –
Superior – for Doors –”

Watching Possibilities [active] - At night, choose a player and learn which players visited them that night. Cannot be used on the same night as Track, and cannot be used two times in a row. Disabled if there is one mafia remaining in the game.

Chasing Possibilities [active] - Stay awake at night and track a player to learn who they visited that night. Cannot be used on the same night as Watch, and cannot be used two times in a row. Disabled if there is one mafia remaining in the game.

Please do not post until you are pinged for start of day!
Night 1 Deaths

Hiii has died, they were Town.

Your Lover is: ChaoticPotato (pair A)

Poem: anyone lived in a pretty how town by E. E. Cummings

“ stars rain sun moon
(and only the snow can begin to explain
how children are apt to forget to remember
with up so floating many bells down)”

Poem Exchange [1-shot] - Once per game at night, you may swap the poem on your rolecard with another player.

Eat a Poem [1-shot] - Once per game during the day, you may choose to invalidate your lover’s vote. They will not be notified of this.

The bookish dark [passive] - Any investigative abilities will return an “unknown” result.

ChaoticPotato has died of lovesickness, they were Town.

Your Lover is: Hiii (pair A)

Poem: Secret Tunnel from Avatar: The Last Airbender

“Two lovers, forbidden from one another

A war divides their people

And a mountain divides them apart

Built a path to be together

*And die…*

Secret tunnel!

Secret tunnel!

Through the mountain!

Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel!”

Secret Tiebreaker [passive] - You will break any vote ties between players. Essentially, your vote will count for 1.5 votes.

Lovers Reunited [active] - Target a player at night and free them of any communication restrictions they have.

Ainsell has died, they were Town.

Your Lover is: natsinabucket (pair F)

Poem: The Starry Night by Anne Sexton

“The town does not exist
except where one black-haired tree slips
up like a drowned woman into the hot sky.
The town is silent. The night boils with eleven stars.
Oh starry starry night! This is how
I want to die.”

Into the Starry Night [active] - Each night, protect one player from death. Cannot be used on yourself or your lover, and cannot be used on the same player two nights in a row.

natsinabucket has died of lovesickness, they were Town.

Your Lover is: Ainsell (pair F)

Poem: I Dwell in Possibility by Emily Dickinson

“I dwell in Possibility –
A fairer House than Prose –
More numerous of Windows –
Superior – for Doors –”

Watching Possibilities [active] - At night, choose a player and learn which players visited them that night. Cannot be used on the same night as Track, and cannot be used two times in a row. Disabled if there is one mafia remaining in the game.

Chasing Possibilities [active] - Stay awake at night and track a player to learn who they visited that night. Cannot be used on the same night as Watch, and cannot be used two times in a row. Disabled if there is one mafia remaining in the game.

Please do not post until you are pinged for start of day!
mafia_mwins_by_adorningmoon-dbngc6s.pngqE8Hr5x.png7KH6nU3.png397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
dandelionfires has been poisoned! They will die at the end of the day unless healed.
dandelionfires has been poisoned! They will die at the end of the day unless healed.
Players

Subs

Specs

Day 2 has begun! Day 2 will end at 18:00 FRT on the 20th.

You may now post!
Players

Subs

Specs

Day 2 has begun! Day 2 will end at 18:00 FRT on the 20th.

You may now post!
[b][i][u]PREWRITTEN POST:[/u][/i][/b] Okay, I somehow didn’t die. Thank you mystery ½ vote. I have an idea of who it was but, ehh… not gonna call them out until they admit to it. Now, onto the actual vote results: Shiny was town, [i]buuttt[/i] Captain was mafia. Looking at the two wagons, myself and Shiny, would it make sense me being maf? No, it doesn’t. Why would mafia want a second wagon on a mafia member? [i]If[/i] I was mafia, then either way, mafia would lose a player D1. Why would mafia bus a player D1? It doesn’t make sense. I would suggest looking at everyone who voted for me ([i]not[/i] in order of importance, just based on where they are at on the voting thread page): - Tanglefire - Storia - Spiderqueen8 - StormDreamer - Autumnseas - LostLuminary ----- I also did an ISO of Captain over the night (which… I mean, I wish there were more than 6 posts, but, ehh… better than nothing): [quote name="CaptainTsundere" date="2024-04-18 13:31:47" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 13:05:09" ] [quote name="@/CaptainTsundere" date="2024-04-18 13:02:53" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:38:02" ] [quote name="softsylveon" date="2024-04-18 12:35:33" ] That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own [/quote] @/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can? [/quote] I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours [/quote] Can you share some commentary on just what you've seen so far? Even if you think you might change your mind later, heck if I haven't changed my mind a hundred times in mafia games[/quote] Sure. I feel good about: B00KW0RM, embertheskywing, nats. I’m neutral on tangle. I’m neutral on potato, I haven’t played with them enough to verify what people have said about their playstyle re; mod elims and interactions with raccoon, but I’m taking it into consideration. I strongly disagree with the position raccoon took re: mod elim and i didn't like their subsequent interactions with tangle. otherwise, I don’t feel that good about ainsell, honestly they’re giving me the same vibe as 3p ainsell from a previous game together. something also weirded me out about their town reads of fearfax, and then i noticed that fearfax immediately jumped in to support storia’s character after storia drew a link between potato and raccoon’s interactions. I’m considering the possibilities of both raccoon – potato and ainsell – fearfax – storia right now. I marked down hotpants and leremis’ original posts on mod elims as pinging me off for being softly sheepy and weirdly noncommittal, respectively. that's my position on things as of page..... 20 ish. [/quote] I find it interesting that they marked Tangle as neutral. I feel like that was just a safe, noncommittal answer in case they flipped mafia when Shiny was voted. The town read (lean? Least squinty? It isn’t very clear) on Storia is also making me squint (not a whole lot atp because saying someone is town isn’t very damning to me) at Storia. [quote name="CaptainTsundere" date="2024-04-18 15:55:24" ] [center]-snip[/center] [quote name="@/RaccoonusDoodus" date="2024-04-18 15:32:14" ] [quote name="@/Slairisk" date="2024-04-18 15:19:01" ] [B]I don't think ChaoticPotato is automatically town since 1. it could be that scum has an ability to help town to look more towny(which I've seen) and 2. it could also mean that the players requesting the help are scum and the person offering help isn't actually a helper(Which I've also seen). Both of the scenarios are unlikely but we should keep them in mind.[/b] [/quote] :eyes: Honestly, valid. May still need to keep an eye on Potat. It was kind of weird she was pretty much town confirmed after that ability claim. Though, food for thought, she could have just told Tangle in maf chat. So, yes, weird, I'm still going to hesitantly town read Potato[/quote] I know you’re scumleaning on tangle, but couldn’t that equally be a play from maf!syl since they’d presumably also know tangle couldn’t talk to them? also, if they’re scumteam I’d think that potato was totally bluffing about the ability. it doesn’t sound like a maf ability imo. [/quote] I’ll… [i](sigh)[/i]... give Potato more town points here. Cap seemed to be throwing scum onto someone fairly townread, but since Cap flipped red, I’m not sure Potat will. I also notice them trying to pull sus off of Tangle, and since we already know they aren’t paired as lovers, they are possibly paired as maf. Though, shifting it to Syl doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. If they really are lovers, Syl getting killed/elimed would still elim/kill Tangle. (The rest of this quoted post just kind of seemed like scum trying to be helpful if the miselim went through) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3330494/54#post_56618310]This[/url] post just kind of “explains” the reason to vote for me. I have no reason to argue these points right now as Cap was elimed. If anyone wants me to address any of them, please ping me :3 Also, welcome @Lukeh :]
PREWRITTEN POST:

Okay, I somehow didn’t die. Thank you mystery ½ vote. I have an idea of who it was but, ehh… not gonna call them out until they admit to it.

Now, onto the actual vote results:

Shiny was town, buuttt Captain was mafia. Looking at the two wagons, myself and Shiny, would it make sense me being maf? No, it doesn’t. Why would mafia want a second wagon on a mafia member? If I was mafia, then either way, mafia would lose a player D1. Why would mafia bus a player D1? It doesn’t make sense.

I would suggest looking at everyone who voted for me (not in order of importance, just based on where they are at on the voting thread page):

- Tanglefire
- Storia
- Spiderqueen8
- StormDreamer
- Autumnseas
- LostLuminary

I also did an ISO of Captain over the night (which… I mean, I wish there were more than 6 posts, but, ehh… better than nothing):

CaptainTsundere wrote on 2024-04-18 13:31:47:
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 13:05:09:
@/CaptainTsundere wrote on 2024-04-18 13:02:53:
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:38:02:
softsylveon wrote on 2024-04-18 12:35:33:
That said, I'm about to place a pressure vote of my own

@/CaptainTsundere hey even if you're not fully caught up yet please, like, Say A Thing? When you can?

I am not caught up at all, I'm really trying but I'm only up to like page 20. I missed like three days of discourse in 12 hours

Can you share some commentary on just what you've seen so far? Even if you think you might change your mind later, heck if I haven't changed my mind a hundred times in mafia games

Sure. I feel good about: B00KW0RM, embertheskywing, nats. I’m neutral on tangle. I’m neutral on potato, I haven’t played with them enough to verify what people have said about their playstyle re; mod elims and interactions with raccoon, but I’m taking it into consideration. I strongly disagree with the position raccoon took re: mod elim and i didn't like their subsequent interactions with tangle. otherwise, I don’t feel that good about ainsell, honestly they’re giving me the same vibe as 3p ainsell from a previous game together. something also weirded me out about their town reads of fearfax, and then i noticed that fearfax immediately jumped in to support storia’s character after storia drew a link between potato and raccoon’s interactions. I’m considering the possibilities of both raccoon – potato and ainsell – fearfax – storia right now. I marked down hotpants and leremis’ original posts on mod elims as pinging me off for being softly sheepy and weirdly noncommittal, respectively. that's my position on things as of page..... 20 ish.

I find it interesting that they marked Tangle as neutral. I feel like that was just a safe, noncommittal answer in case they flipped mafia when Shiny was voted.

The town read (lean? Least squinty? It isn’t very clear) on Storia is also making me squint (not a whole lot atp because saying someone is town isn’t very damning to me) at Storia.

CaptainTsundere wrote on 2024-04-18 15:55:24:
-snip
@/RaccoonusDoodus wrote on 2024-04-18 15:32:14:
@/Slairisk wrote on 2024-04-18 15:19:01:
I don't think ChaoticPotato is automatically town since 1. it could be that scum has an ability to help town to look more towny(which I've seen) and 2. it could also mean that the players requesting the help are scum and the person offering help isn't actually a helper(Which I've also seen). Both of the scenarios are unlikely but we should keep them in mind.

:eyes:

Honestly, valid. May still need to keep an eye on Potat. It was kind of weird she was pretty much town confirmed after that ability claim.

Though, food for thought, she could have just told Tangle in maf chat. So, yes, weird, I'm still going to hesitantly town read Potato
I know you’re scumleaning on tangle, but couldn’t that equally be a play from maf!syl since they’d presumably also know tangle couldn’t talk to them? also, if they’re scumteam I’d think that potato was totally bluffing about the ability. it doesn’t sound like a maf ability imo.

I’ll… (sigh)... give Potato more town points here. Cap seemed to be throwing scum onto someone fairly townread, but since Cap flipped red, I’m not sure Potat will.

I also notice them trying to pull sus off of Tangle, and since we already know they aren’t paired as lovers, they are possibly paired as maf. Though, shifting it to Syl doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. If they really are lovers, Syl getting killed/elimed would still elim/kill Tangle.

(The rest of this quoted post just kind of seemed like scum trying to be helpful if the miselim went through)

This post just kind of “explains” the reason to vote for me. I have no reason to argue these points right now as Cap was elimed. If anyone wants me to address any of them, please ping me :3

Also, welcome @Lukeh :]
XvyfO6H.png FmPtENn.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random.

Any Pronouns - FR time

Ya like FNAF? (Mafia game)
Oh my goodness WHAT??? That is a lot of death.
Oh my goodness WHAT??? That is a lot of death.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
Who killed my sister >:[

Like bruh.... she was the one person defending me?
Who killed my sister >:[

Like bruh.... she was the one person defending me?
XvyfO6H.png FmPtENn.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random.

Any Pronouns - FR time

Ya like FNAF? (Mafia game)
????? what? misfired vig shot? what the hell happened here?

at least now i know where the .5 vote came from
????? what? misfired vig shot? what the hell happened here?

at least now i know where the .5 vote came from
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
i'm gonna be away this whole day (at IKEA wooooo) but i just wanna say i sussed nat in my privchat and she died and TURNED OUT TO BE TOWN and now i do not trust anyone at all
i'm gonna be away this whole day (at IKEA wooooo) but i just wanna say i sussed nat in my privchat and she died and TURNED OUT TO BE TOWN and now i do not trust anyone at all
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
i was SUPPOSED to have a giant prewritten readlist ready by now... but alas. there are just so many of you. i will continue working on it and probably ignore other thread convo for a bit. but wow that was a bloody night

also who tf poisoned the MOD
i was SUPPOSED to have a giant prewritten readlist ready by now... but alas. there are just so many of you. i will continue working on it and probably ignore other thread convo for a bit. but wow that was a bloody night

also who tf poisoned the MOD
harvest - he/she/it/any pronouns - fr+3