Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Invasion on Polus [ DISCUSSION ] TOWNWIN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64
It's few, but there is occasionally a jester that doesn't steal the game. Most of the time, they do.
It's few, but there is occasionally a jester that doesn't steal the game. Most of the time, they do.
https://pfq.link/TheMimic Visit my pokefarm, Please.
I have a discord for fanfic writers. Drop on by!
Fanfic chat
Hello, the name's Viskara but you can call me Visk. I use She/Her and I'm FR+9, which means I'll head to bed as soon as I finished my intro duction. Ice breakers: [B]1[/b]: I feel excited for the game but I'm currently sick as well, so I might not be that super-duper talkative in the next 2 - 3 days. I'll give it my best though. [B]2[/b]: I only played one other multiball game before and it was the first game after my huge hiatus. I didn't know what was happening back then and therefore didn't have much of a strategy. As for now, I don't follow a specific or new formular. I just scum hunt and see what comes out of it. [B]3[/b]: I'm a pretty passionate scum hunter and question asker. I like to press everyone on anything that sounds funky. [B]4[/b]: Backpaddling, waffling, no or little effort for scum hunting, sheeping and lurking. Basically your common scumtells. Though I'd rather not vote someone out D1 based on lurking. Chances are they'll get replaced either way. @TheMimic1013 Happy Birthday! --------- @Polybius0147 Great ice breaker questions, but where are your answers to them? Don't send mixed signs [emoji=coatl winking size=1]
Hello, the name's Viskara but you can call me Visk. I use She/Her and I'm FR+9, which means I'll head to bed as soon as I finished my intro duction.

Ice breakers:

1: I feel excited for the game but I'm currently sick as well, so I might not be that super-duper talkative in the next 2 - 3 days. I'll give it my best though.

2: I only played one other multiball game before and it was the first game after my huge hiatus. I didn't know what was happening back then and therefore didn't have much of a strategy.

As for now, I don't follow a specific or new formular. I just scum hunt and see what comes out of it.

3: I'm a pretty passionate scum hunter and question asker. I like to press everyone on anything that sounds funky.

4: Backpaddling, waffling, no or little effort for scum hunting, sheeping and lurking. Basically your common scumtells. Though I'd rather not vote someone out D1 based on lurking. Chances are they'll get replaced either way.

@TheMimic1013

Happy Birthday!

@Polybius0147

Great ice breaker questions, but where are your answers to them? Don't send mixed signs
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
I forgot to say but happy birthday Mimic!

(Seriously gone now)
I forgot to say but happy birthday Mimic!

(Seriously gone now)
ayo! the name's Cutbug (or you could call me Val), I use any pronouns + ey/em and am FR+3 as shown in my signature! technically my second non-RP mafia game on the site, but I'm pretty experienced with mafia offsite, especially in Town of Salem [emoji=aether laughing size=2] icebreakers courtesy of @/Polybius0147? don't mind if I do [quote]1 how are you FEELING right now?[/quote] pretty hyped! a little nervous as well but like, I'm always nervous in mafia lol [quote]2 Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?[/quote] I'm a Town of Salem veteran, multiball is nothing new to me lmao I guess in terms of strategy my main goal, regardless of alignment but especially as a townie(/crewmate in this instance) where I can't do as much towards directly eliminating opposition, is to make the other parties focus on each other first and then pick off whoever either makes themselves too obvious or is left standing once one faction is eliminated [quote]3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?[/quote] I've got a pretty good memory! if someone's testimony/claims or behavior changes midway through a game I can usually spot it very quickly [quote]4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?[/quote] a bit bold to just come out and say this imo?? in my experience the people who vehemently fight for d1 eliminations in formats where they're not explicitly required are usually either scums who want to start thinning the numbers as soon as possible, or third parties who have an ulterior motive for it such as automatically winning if (x) person gets voted out [emoji=aether confused size=2]
ayo! the name's Cutbug (or you could call me Val), I use any pronouns + ey/em and am FR+3 as shown in my signature! technically my second non-RP mafia game on the site, but I'm pretty experienced with mafia offsite, especially in Town of Salem

icebreakers courtesy of @/Polybius0147? don't mind if I do
Quote:
1 how are you FEELING right now?
pretty hyped! a little nervous as well but like, I'm always nervous in mafia lol
Quote:
2 Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?
I'm a Town of Salem veteran, multiball is nothing new to me lmao
I guess in terms of strategy my main goal, regardless of alignment but especially as a townie(/crewmate in this instance) where I can't do as much towards directly eliminating opposition, is to make the other parties focus on each other first and then pick off whoever either makes themselves too obvious or is left standing once one faction is eliminated
Quote:
3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
I've got a pretty good memory! if someone's testimony/claims or behavior changes midway through a game I can usually spot it very quickly
Quote:
4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?
a bit bold to just come out and say this imo?? in my experience the people who vehemently fight for d1 eliminations in formats where they're not explicitly required are usually either scums who want to start thinning the numbers as soon as possible, or third parties who have an ulterior motive for it such as automatically winning if (x) person gets voted out
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
(sorry for taking so long on my introduction btw, got distracted

also don't mind the edit I just had to add my timezone, I promise I won't edit my posts from here on in as I know that's typically frowned upon)
(sorry for taking so long on my introduction btw, got distracted

also don't mind the edit I just had to add my timezone, I promise I won't edit my posts from here on in as I know that's typically frowned upon)
tRNevRC.gif

tRNevRC.gif
[quote name="@rantoons" date="2023-10-13 16:47:49" ] Errrr kinda trending towards backtracking on my mega townpoints given earlier to you based on this[/quote] Honestly, I find it wild that you gave Dilemma mega town points to begin with. Announcing there is most likely a cult in this game isn't town or maf per se. While Dilemma could very well just have acted in good faith, it might as well could be a tactic to fish for towny points. I right now don't have any strong feelings about Dilemma.
@rantoons wrote on 2023-10-13 16:47:49:
Errrr kinda trending towards backtracking on my mega townpoints given earlier to you based on this

Honestly, I find it wild that you gave Dilemma mega town points to begin with. Announcing there is most likely a cult in this game isn't town or maf per se. While Dilemma could very well just have acted in good faith, it might as well could be a tactic to fish for towny points.

I right now don't have any strong feelings about Dilemma.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
[quote name="Viskara" date="2023-10-13 17:29:33" ] [quote name="@rantoons" date="2023-10-13 16:47:49" ] Errrr kinda trending towards backtracking on my mega townpoints given earlier to you based on this[/quote] Honestly, I find it wild that you gave Dilemma mega town points to begin with. Announcing there is most likely a cult in this game isn't town or maf per se. While Dilemma could very well just have acted in good faith, it might as well could be a tactic to fish for towny points. I right now don't have any strong feelings about Dilemma. [/quote] Same here. This reveal can go so many ways beyond a town claim. Too many reasons to give out this info to the public. If anything, Dilemma might have placed a target on their back by this cult if they are not part of it.
Viskara wrote on 2023-10-13 17:29:33:
@rantoons wrote on 2023-10-13 16:47:49:
Errrr kinda trending towards backtracking on my mega townpoints given earlier to you based on this

Honestly, I find it wild that you gave Dilemma mega town points to begin with. Announcing there is most likely a cult in this game isn't town or maf per se. While Dilemma could very well just have acted in good faith, it might as well could be a tactic to fish for towny points.

I right now don't have any strong feelings about Dilemma.
Same here. This reveal can go so many ways beyond a town claim. Too many reasons to give out this info to the public. If anything, Dilemma might have placed a target on their back by this cult if they are not part of it.
https://pfq.link/TheMimic Visit my pokefarm, Please.
I have a discord for fanfic writers. Drop on by!
Fanfic chat
Hello, I'm Fil. I'm actually particularly busy right (I'm on water break for training), so I can't be very active until later today. I'm tired and a little worn out.

I'm not sure what multiball it. I heard of it before, and I forgot what it meant. I think it means there's multiple factions.

Speaking of day 1 elims, I'm fairly ambivalent on it. If everyone's on board, I'm on board. Info is pretty valuable, and day 1 elim provides good talking points. However, this may change with some good argumentation and when I'm no longer tired.
Hello, I'm Fil. I'm actually particularly busy right (I'm on water break for training), so I can't be very active until later today. I'm tired and a little worn out.

I'm not sure what multiball it. I heard of it before, and I forgot what it meant. I think it means there's multiple factions.

Speaking of day 1 elims, I'm fairly ambivalent on it. If everyone's on board, I'm on board. Info is pretty valuable, and day 1 elim provides good talking points. However, this may change with some good argumentation and when I'm no longer tired.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Hey all I'm Artemis! She/her, FR +1. Those who have played with me before might remember that I'm not the chattiest but try to answer questions and share any thoughts I think are worth sharing. (My issue is generally that I have a high threshold for when my thoughts are worth anything. This is a tendency I do try to mitigate, to varying results.)

Neil's questions-

1: Still mourning my baseball team, mostly
2: I haven't played multiball, no
3: The big things about my scumhunting are that I'm a) cautious and b) an analyzer. 'A' is something that gets me scumread a lot, but I think it's an asset to town to have people who won't immediately jump on a wagon or hurry to vote at random. 'B' is something that helps more as the game continues - I like to comb through a dead player's posts and interactions in thr context of their flip. I've also sometimes been able to catch minor inconsistencies that otherwise slipped under the radar.
4: I don't like to elim at random d1 - I'm not opposed to D1 elims in principle but do often struggle to pull the trigger based on nothing concrete. Sometimes a good candidate emerges, and I don't oppose it if that's the case!

I'm only on page 2 but something that I want to comment on -

I disagree that sharing the existence of a cult is unlikely to come from mafia. Depending on the mechanics of the cult, they may be dangerous to maf as well, and it could benefit maf to have us hunting for cult, both as a distraction from maf and to get the cult out of the way
Hey all I'm Artemis! She/her, FR +1. Those who have played with me before might remember that I'm not the chattiest but try to answer questions and share any thoughts I think are worth sharing. (My issue is generally that I have a high threshold for when my thoughts are worth anything. This is a tendency I do try to mitigate, to varying results.)

Neil's questions-

1: Still mourning my baseball team, mostly
2: I haven't played multiball, no
3: The big things about my scumhunting are that I'm a) cautious and b) an analyzer. 'A' is something that gets me scumread a lot, but I think it's an asset to town to have people who won't immediately jump on a wagon or hurry to vote at random. 'B' is something that helps more as the game continues - I like to comb through a dead player's posts and interactions in thr context of their flip. I've also sometimes been able to catch minor inconsistencies that otherwise slipped under the radar.
4: I don't like to elim at random d1 - I'm not opposed to D1 elims in principle but do often struggle to pull the trigger based on nothing concrete. Sometimes a good candidate emerges, and I don't oppose it if that's the case!

I'm only on page 2 but something that I want to comment on -

I disagree that sharing the existence of a cult is unlikely to come from mafia. Depending on the mechanics of the cult, they may be dangerous to maf as well, and it could benefit maf to have us hunting for cult, both as a distraction from maf and to get the cult out of the way
Artemis | She/her | FR+1
[quote name="@Fil" date="2023-10-13 18:38:52" ] I'm not sure what multiball it. I heard of it before, and I forgot what it meant. I think it means there's multiple factions.[/quote] multiple [i]evil[/i] factions, to be specific! like mafia vs coven in Town of Salem 1, and to a lesser extent coven vs the horsemen of the apocalypse in ToS2 (though the horsemen are technically considered "neutral" roles, for all intents and purposes they're still their own faction)
@Fil wrote on 2023-10-13 18:38:52:
multiple evil factions, to be specific! like mafia vs coven in Town of Salem 1, and to a lesser extent coven vs the horsemen of the apocalypse in ToS2 (though the horsemen are technically considered "neutral" roles, for all intents and purposes they're still their own faction)
tRNevRC.gif

tRNevRC.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64