Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 73 74
[quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2023-04-30 07:06:01" ] Based on what Ainsell said about the mod's identity being closer than we might think or something... @/Storia Is your name Essence or Nixie? [/quote] [font=century gothic][size=4]Alas, I'm bound to the same rules as you are. My name remains a secret to all.
@dandelionfires wrote on 2023-04-30 07:06:01:
Based on what Ainsell said about the mod's identity being closer than we might think or something...
@/Storia Is your name Essence or Nixie?

Alas, I'm bound to the same rules as you are. My name remains a secret to all.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
@dandelionfires

Welcome! I hope you have a good stay!

Regarding multiple maf abilities, I've only played mafia games containing only one maf person, who maximal has another scum buddy to support. I guess my inexperience in absolute chaos games shows here lol.

Thanks for the information though! My initial thought was that maybe not all mafs can kill.
@dandelionfires

Welcome! I hope you have a good stay!

Regarding multiple maf abilities, I've only played mafia games containing only one maf person, who maximal has another scum buddy to support. I guess my inexperience in absolute chaos games shows here lol.

Thanks for the information though! My initial thought was that maybe not all mafs can kill.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
A few thoughts on some currently living players:

Fil [Role Revealed, Gingerbread Man, The Chimera] – town unless deception or tampering is at play. Willing to take this at face value unless they start acting really scummy or something.

ArtMajor – Feels town to me, but based on past games I am bad at reading Art lol

Ainsell – Ainsell is pretty solidly a 3p somehow aligned with the mod. It’s important to remember, that although Ainsell has said they decided to ally themself with town, they are not a town player. It’s lucky for us that they decided to be helpful, and they’re a smart player capable of making really good contributions, but I think relying on them to lead or direct scumhunting would be a mistake. If what they said is true and their wincon is not incompatible with town or maf, they are likely a survival type role. That means there might reach a point where it is more advantageous for Ains to step back from scumhunting, for fear of antagonizing the mafia, or even to “switch sides” and ally themself with mafia instead of town to end the game faster and/or stay alive. Tbh I kind of see this a bit already with them going with the “easy” option of a Mcpearle vote. I don’t blame them either. Why stir the pot as a 3p, after all? I think we might see a lot of voting with the majority from Ains. My main point here is that while 3p isn’t maf, it’s also important to remember that 3p isn’t town either.

Lyrelore – was leaning town, but now leaning more towards scum due to the back-and-forth on Storm. Also, on D1 claimed to be pro D1 voting but when it came to it, almost steered the discussion away from narrowing in on a vote and voted no elim.

Viskara - Getting slightly confused town vibes here, but not confident in that read.

Marketplace – feeling good about townreading Market. Was the only one willing to put a vote on someone on D1, and the whole Tangle and Storm thing seems to all but confirm them as town.

CaptainTsundere – I was getting town vibes from Cap's posts but their voting pattern (if you can call it a pattern after 2 days) felt off to me so I actually did a bit of an ISO on Cap which I will post later (running out of time now aak!) In summary: I am squinting at their lack of a vote on D1. They had some pretty good arguments in favor of D1 voting in their first few posts, but never followed up on that with any further discussion of voting. Kind of feels like you were just saying “the right things” about D1 elims with no intention to back it up with actions. Then there's the vote on mcpearlie which felt sheepish to me. (Many of the mcpearlie votes felt sheepish; I have a whole nother post about this lol)

FeebleNeedle - Cryptically implied they were planning something for D3; curious to see what that is. Interesting that they seemed confident in surviving the night phase.

Deify – Just really trusting of storm and doesn’t want her to die. I need to take a better look at Deify.

StormDreamer – I need to do a whole separate post on Storm I think. A lot of things about their roleclaim don't sit right with me.

Zikitty – was leaning town; though they’ve only posted a few times their posts have been pretty insightful. However their vote reasoning is pinging me as off in their last post of D2, possibly just because I disagree with it. Could be picking up on the game really quickly, or could be coached by maf team. Openly admits to skimming posts.

Storia – 3p??? *mysterious mod noises in the distance*

KungFuCutBug and Temmeh are kind of flying under the radar for me, I'll need to take a closer look at them later.

---

Just refreshed and saw Marketplace's post! This is good info. Personally I was already sus of Storm and trusting of Market so I'm inclined to trust this. I'm not surprised that your ability "misfired". Mafia probably has a redirector type role and as a townie with a known ability you would be a prime target for redirection.
A few thoughts on some currently living players:

Fil [Role Revealed, Gingerbread Man, The Chimera] – town unless deception or tampering is at play. Willing to take this at face value unless they start acting really scummy or something.

ArtMajor – Feels town to me, but based on past games I am bad at reading Art lol

Ainsell – Ainsell is pretty solidly a 3p somehow aligned with the mod. It’s important to remember, that although Ainsell has said they decided to ally themself with town, they are not a town player. It’s lucky for us that they decided to be helpful, and they’re a smart player capable of making really good contributions, but I think relying on them to lead or direct scumhunting would be a mistake. If what they said is true and their wincon is not incompatible with town or maf, they are likely a survival type role. That means there might reach a point where it is more advantageous for Ains to step back from scumhunting, for fear of antagonizing the mafia, or even to “switch sides” and ally themself with mafia instead of town to end the game faster and/or stay alive. Tbh I kind of see this a bit already with them going with the “easy” option of a Mcpearle vote. I don’t blame them either. Why stir the pot as a 3p, after all? I think we might see a lot of voting with the majority from Ains. My main point here is that while 3p isn’t maf, it’s also important to remember that 3p isn’t town either.

Lyrelore – was leaning town, but now leaning more towards scum due to the back-and-forth on Storm. Also, on D1 claimed to be pro D1 voting but when it came to it, almost steered the discussion away from narrowing in on a vote and voted no elim.

Viskara - Getting slightly confused town vibes here, but not confident in that read.

Marketplace – feeling good about townreading Market. Was the only one willing to put a vote on someone on D1, and the whole Tangle and Storm thing seems to all but confirm them as town.

CaptainTsundere – I was getting town vibes from Cap's posts but their voting pattern (if you can call it a pattern after 2 days) felt off to me so I actually did a bit of an ISO on Cap which I will post later (running out of time now aak!) In summary: I am squinting at their lack of a vote on D1. They had some pretty good arguments in favor of D1 voting in their first few posts, but never followed up on that with any further discussion of voting. Kind of feels like you were just saying “the right things” about D1 elims with no intention to back it up with actions. Then there's the vote on mcpearlie which felt sheepish to me. (Many of the mcpearlie votes felt sheepish; I have a whole nother post about this lol)

FeebleNeedle - Cryptically implied they were planning something for D3; curious to see what that is. Interesting that they seemed confident in surviving the night phase.

Deify – Just really trusting of storm and doesn’t want her to die. I need to take a better look at Deify.

StormDreamer – I need to do a whole separate post on Storm I think. A lot of things about their roleclaim don't sit right with me.

Zikitty – was leaning town; though they’ve only posted a few times their posts have been pretty insightful. However their vote reasoning is pinging me as off in their last post of D2, possibly just because I disagree with it. Could be picking up on the game really quickly, or could be coached by maf team. Openly admits to skimming posts.

Storia – 3p??? *mysterious mod noises in the distance*

KungFuCutBug and Temmeh are kind of flying under the radar for me, I'll need to take a closer look at them later.

---

Just refreshed and saw Marketplace's post! This is good info. Personally I was already sus of Storm and trusting of Market so I'm inclined to trust this. I'm not surprised that your ability "misfired". Mafia probably has a redirector type role and as a townie with a known ability you would be a prime target for redirection.
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.pngGG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
[quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-30 07:22:17" ] [quote name="@/dandelionfires" date="2023-04-30 07:06:01" ] Based on what Ainsell said about the mod's identity being closer than we might think or something... @/Storia Is your name Essence or Nixie? [/quote] [font=century gothic][size=4]Alas, I'm bound to the same rules as you are. My name remains a secret to all. [/quote] Oh makes sense lol! Not gonna dwell on this in that case. I have to go for a bit, but before I do I have one more question for our lovely mod: @Storia Are all successful role flips accurate?
Storia wrote on 2023-04-30 07:22:17:
@/dandelionfires wrote on 2023-04-30 07:06:01:
Based on what Ainsell said about the mod's identity being closer than we might think or something...
@/Storia Is your name Essence or Nixie?

Alas, I'm bound to the same rules as you are. My name remains a secret to all.

Oh makes sense lol! Not gonna dwell on this in that case.

I have to go for a bit, but before I do I have one more question for our lovely mod:

@Storia Are all successful role flips accurate?
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.pngGG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
the thing is my ability did not misfire onto some other player, it misfired onto me. i feel like that would be worse for mafia to have express confirmation of deify not being town. i don't know any specifics of this redirector, like if it's randomized. it probably is, because i feel like they would've expected me to compare to fil instead of an unconfirmed town, and my ability cannot target me under normal circumstances.

in short, i think the redirector is randomized. they would not intentionally bonk my ability to compare someone against me. i know my alignment, and mafia also probably knows my alignment based on how i've been talking.
the thing is my ability did not misfire onto some other player, it misfired onto me. i feel like that would be worse for mafia to have express confirmation of deify not being town. i don't know any specifics of this redirector, like if it's randomized. it probably is, because i feel like they would've expected me to compare to fil instead of an unconfirmed town, and my ability cannot target me under normal circumstances.

in short, i think the redirector is randomized. they would not intentionally bonk my ability to compare someone against me. i know my alignment, and mafia also probably knows my alignment based on how i've been talking.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
*by role flips I just mean death flips, when player info is revealed by the mod after the player's death
*by role flips I just mean death flips, when player info is revealed by the mod after the player's death
[quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2023-04-30 07:44:04" ] @/Storia Are all successful role flips accurate? [/quote] [font=century gothic][size=4]How I wish I could be sure.
@dandelionfires wrote on 2023-04-30 07:44:04:
@/Storia Are all successful role flips accurate?

How I wish I could be sure.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
hello!! i'm sorry mc aaaaaa you really were town :')

welcome dandelion!

also huff nobody came to un-stasis me despite cutbug being un-stasis-ed n1 this is unfair treatment ;;w;; /lh /j (i know i was suspicious so i do see why i was stasis-ed and not un-stasis-ed)

(am actually glad for the stasis, though! i had no night abilities anyway so it was essentially just a protection, even though i'm pretty sure the original intention was to roleblock me. thank you anyway!)

i'm not sure how to feel re: market's investigation results. on one hand, i am slightly inclined to believe deify isn't mafia because a town/mafia lover pairing would suck so i think deify could be a 3p? @deify please explain ;;w;;

though, i'd like to ask: what did you mean by your activity misfiring when you targeted feeble? also, what did you mean by "since it targeted me"? my interpretation of this was that you were originally wanted to check if feeble and you had the same alignment, but it somehow turned into (by a redirection / busdrive?) a parity check between deify and you instead. and your result was that you and deify had different alignments?
hello!! i'm sorry mc aaaaaa you really were town :')

welcome dandelion!

also huff nobody came to un-stasis me despite cutbug being un-stasis-ed n1 this is unfair treatment ;;w;; /lh /j (i know i was suspicious so i do see why i was stasis-ed and not un-stasis-ed)

(am actually glad for the stasis, though! i had no night abilities anyway so it was essentially just a protection, even though i'm pretty sure the original intention was to roleblock me. thank you anyway!)

i'm not sure how to feel re: market's investigation results. on one hand, i am slightly inclined to believe deify isn't mafia because a town/mafia lover pairing would suck so i think deify could be a 3p? @deify please explain ;;w;;

though, i'd like to ask: what did you mean by your activity misfiring when you targeted feeble? also, what did you mean by "since it targeted me"? my interpretation of this was that you were originally wanted to check if feeble and you had the same alignment, but it somehow turned into (by a redirection / busdrive?) a parity check between deify and you instead. and your result was that you and deify had different alignments?
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-30 07:52:51" ] though, i'd like to ask: what did you mean by your activity misfiring when you targeted feeble? also, what did you mean by "since it targeted me"? my interpretation of this was that you were originally wanted to check if feeble and you had the same alignment, but it somehow turned into (by a redirection / busdrive?) a parity check between deify and you instead. and your result was that you and deify had different alignments? [/quote] yes, actually! i actually wanted to check if feeble and deify had the same alignment, but yeah it got redirected to check if deify and i had the same alignment. we didn't.
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-30 07:52:51:
yes, actually! i actually wanted to check if feeble and deify had the same alignment, but yeah it got redirected to check if deify and i had the same alignment. we didn't.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Ok first off welcome Dandelion!! Secondly, new name, another message yes, but there's something that stuck out to me a bit more. Something came to mind when I was reading the lore yesterday, and uhhhh I have a concerning theory. I think...by failing to catch the maf...we're pushing the goddess over to the scumteam? Or at least pushing her away from us. Specifically the lines about there not being anymore hope, and how everything has been lost. ESPECIALLY with mcpearlie's identity as a Kirin. Kirin are the Japanese Unicorn, also known as the Quilin, but they're a bit more than that. Kirin represent peace and tranquility. Some had the ability to incinerate evil. They are symbols of justice, kindness, and benevolence. And going through their mythology, a *very* common theme, is that they could recognize evil and punish it with fire. Obviously this is huge spitballing here but uhhhh We may have just lost our vig!esque role?? Now, if we haven't, if your role could fall under the vig banner, PLEASE dont say anything, let me just spitball my theory here. Also uhm,... Kirin are associated with [b]air[/b] and [b]fire[/b]. Mcpearlie was [b][u]drowned[/u][/b] ----- Sorry I went through a huge unicorn phase as a kid and know a little too much about Kirin hjkahdjfkhakjh So this reveal was kiinnda deeply unsettling with how the lynch happened. hhjkhjdsk [quote name="@Viskara" date="2023-04-30 06:24:11" ] Since Storm was now put into stasis, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is a player's ability rather than a (or Cutbugs) passive, since that was a theory some of us had previously. I also believe the targeted person isn't "random" enough for the stasis to be a random event. [/quote] [quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2023-04-30 07:06:01" ] Thoughts on Stasis: After N1, I was thinking Stasis might be an affect applied by what I'll call the "mod faction" either randomly or triggered by a keyword. After all, other player actions are not announced like this. And "trapped in stasis" seems to align with what is going on with our narrator/POV character. However Storm being Stasis-ed seems unlikely to be random, given that they were the player most focused on the previous day. Thoughts, anyone? [/quote] I do agree here, Storm was kinda the biggest ??? going into n2, so it makes sense that a player would have frozen them. And uhm...well given the Basilisk reveal I think we know who that player was, but I'm not *entirely* solid on that theory, since Basilisks were more known for *killing* via their gaze, but i mean Harry Potter snek make brain go brrrrrrr So for me either Achro was freezing, or there's a different snake-themed mythos out there doing the freezing and Achro's powers were unrelated. Trying not to speculate too much with this one since there is a shot that the freezing person is still here. ----- [quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2023-04-30 07:35:52" ] ArtMajor – Feels town to me, but based on past games I am bad at reading Art lol[/quote] hhjaksdhfjasdh i knowwwww Was it tangle earlier in the game who said something similar? I swear I'm not trying to be so hard to read, something in my brain has just decided "yes, let's do our best to appear neutral, this is a good strategy" hjkhkjghjk -skull- ----- [quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-30 07:44:35" ] the thing is my ability did not misfire onto some other player, it misfired onto me. i feel like that would be worse for mafia to have express confirmation of deify not being town. i don't know any specifics of this redirector, like if it's randomized. it probably is, because i feel like they would've expected me to compare to fil instead of an unconfirmed town, and my ability cannot target me under normal circumstances. in short, i think the redirector is randomized. they would not intentionally bonk my ability to compare someone against me. i know my alignment, and mafia also probably knows my alignment based on how i've been talking. [/quote] I do agree it would have been really stupid to willingly redirect onto yourself, and honestly by default mafia would know your alignment because "Well you aren't maf team so you're either town or 3p" but I do get what you're talking about here ^w^'''
Ok first off welcome Dandelion!!

Secondly, new name, another message yes, but there's something that stuck out to me a bit more.

Something came to mind when I was reading the lore yesterday, and uhhhh I have a concerning theory.
I think...by failing to catch the maf...we're pushing the goddess over to the scumteam? Or at least pushing her away from us.
Specifically the lines about there not being anymore hope, and how everything has been lost.

ESPECIALLY with mcpearlie's identity as a Kirin.
Kirin are the Japanese Unicorn, also known as the Quilin, but they're a bit more than that.

Kirin represent peace and tranquility. Some had the ability to incinerate evil. They are symbols of justice, kindness, and benevolence. And going through their mythology, a *very* common theme, is that they could recognize evil and punish it with fire.

Obviously this is huge spitballing here but uhhhh
We may have just lost our vig!esque role??

Now, if we haven't, if your role could fall under the vig banner, PLEASE dont say anything, let me just spitball my theory here.

Also uhm,...

Kirin are associated with air and fire.

Mcpearlie was drowned

Sorry I went through a huge unicorn phase as a kid and know a little too much about Kirin hjkahdjfkhakjh So this reveal was kiinnda deeply unsettling with how the lynch happened. hhjkhjdsk

@Viskara wrote on 2023-04-30 06:24:11:

Since Storm was now put into stasis, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is a player's ability rather than a (or Cutbugs) passive, since that was a theory some of us had previously.
I also believe the targeted person isn't "random" enough for the stasis to be a random event.
@dandelionfires wrote on 2023-04-30 07:06:01:

Thoughts on Stasis: After N1, I was thinking Stasis might be an affect applied by what I'll call the "mod faction" either randomly or triggered by a keyword. After all, other player actions are not announced like this. And "trapped in stasis" seems to align with what is going on with our narrator/POV character. However Storm being Stasis-ed seems unlikely to be random, given that they were the player most focused on the previous day. Thoughts, anyone?

I do agree here, Storm was kinda the biggest ??? going into n2, so it makes sense that a player would have frozen them. And uhm...well given the Basilisk reveal I think we know who that player was, but I'm not *entirely* solid on that theory, since Basilisks were more known for *killing* via their gaze, but i mean Harry Potter snek make brain go brrrrrrr

So for me either Achro was freezing, or there's a different snake-themed mythos out there doing the freezing and Achro's powers were unrelated.

Trying not to speculate too much with this one since there is a shot that the freezing person is still here.

@dandelionfires wrote on 2023-04-30 07:35:52:

hhjaksdhfjasdh i knowwwww
Was it tangle earlier in the game who said something similar? I swear I'm not trying to be so hard to read, something in my brain has just decided "yes, let's do our best to appear neutral, this is a good strategy" hjkhkjghjk -skull-

Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-30 07:44:35:

I do agree it would have been really stupid to willingly redirect onto yourself, and honestly by default mafia would know your alignment because "Well you aren't maf team so you're either town or 3p" but I do get what you're talking about here ^w^'''

artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 73 74