Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 73 74
Lightning Event

I had long since been accustomed to hearing their footsteps, knowing every single sound they make when they announce their appearance. It was the very few things that reassured me that I wasn't alone, after all.

But even I was surprised when they showed up, their eyes shining with unshed tears and a plea that shattered my heart.

"No, you can't say that," I responded in a hopeless, raspy voice, betraying how close I was to breaking into tears. I didn't want them to see me cry. They didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry... please. Please - just for me. I need this. I need them to know." As much as it pained me to speak, as much as I hated the idea of putting them in more danger - the sight of their tears falling was enough to make me give in.

"... okay. Please don't cry... don't cry for me." Not for someone as useless as me.

My goddess... I do my best to reach them in your absence. I hope to solve some of these circular, unnecessary arguments- to move us all forward. ... I am trying, my goddess. I can only hope to see the story you actually wanted through. One of heroes and villains, and, I hope- the triumph of good over evil.

I am as always your right hand, my goddess. ... I miss you. I hope to see you again soon..

I sang their words like a prayer, even if it hurt both my throat and heart to do so. It was worth it, just to see their teary face light up in a smile again. I knew without a doubt they meant every word they said - even if it sounded like a lie on my tongue.

I wish I had the strength to tell them to leave me behind.

I didn't want to be their lie.

You have been delivered a message from an anonymous source. The bolded sentences in the flavor are their word-for-word.

@FeebleNeedle @Achromaticism @ArtMajor @lyrelore @Marketplace @Viskara @StormDreamer @KungFuCutBug @Zikitty @Temmeh @Tanglefire
@CaptainTsundere @Fil @Ainsell @Deify @Riverlight0 @mcpearlie

@Maithax @Kyptoshoe @dandelionfires

@ChaoticPotato @natsinabucket @Xcscientist @Dawntalon427 @Stolen @Magmish @B00KW0RM @swimmergirl0903 @xemug @ChaoticFriendzy @Scorisyn @Stormfate
Lightning Event

I had long since been accustomed to hearing their footsteps, knowing every single sound they make when they announce their appearance. It was the very few things that reassured me that I wasn't alone, after all.

But even I was surprised when they showed up, their eyes shining with unshed tears and a plea that shattered my heart.

"No, you can't say that," I responded in a hopeless, raspy voice, betraying how close I was to breaking into tears. I didn't want them to see me cry. They didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry... please. Please - just for me. I need this. I need them to know." As much as it pained me to speak, as much as I hated the idea of putting them in more danger - the sight of their tears falling was enough to make me give in.

"... okay. Please don't cry... don't cry for me." Not for someone as useless as me.

My goddess... I do my best to reach them in your absence. I hope to solve some of these circular, unnecessary arguments- to move us all forward. ... I am trying, my goddess. I can only hope to see the story you actually wanted through. One of heroes and villains, and, I hope- the triumph of good over evil.

I am as always your right hand, my goddess. ... I miss you. I hope to see you again soon..

I sang their words like a prayer, even if it hurt both my throat and heart to do so. It was worth it, just to see their teary face light up in a smile again. I knew without a doubt they meant every word they said - even if it sounded like a lie on my tongue.

I wish I had the strength to tell them to leave me behind.

I didn't want to be their lie.

You have been delivered a message from an anonymous source. The bolded sentences in the flavor are their word-for-word.

@FeebleNeedle @Achromaticism @ArtMajor @lyrelore @Marketplace @Viskara @StormDreamer @KungFuCutBug @Zikitty @Temmeh @Tanglefire
@CaptainTsundere @Fil @Ainsell @Deify @Riverlight0 @mcpearlie

@Maithax @Kyptoshoe @dandelionfires

@ChaoticPotato @natsinabucket @Xcscientist @Dawntalon427 @Stolen @Magmish @B00KW0RM @swimmergirl0903 @xemug @ChaoticFriendzy @Scorisyn @Stormfate
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
@lyrelore lol abt the arg thing. Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I do/did think that quinn is a player character and I thought that the ains = quinn theory was more plausible than storia = quinn, but I wanted to voice what I was wondering anyway in case it could provoke any more info from ains, esp since they have to speak cryptically. [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-27 11:37:37" ] i can't even begin to understand how this message could be interpreted in a way that suggests that quinn is essence (storia)'s NPC - but then again, they could be an NPC created solely for this mafia game. and i'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding the theory, this game is weird lol[/quote] ains has already responded in the negative, so this is kind of irrelevant, but I’ll still explain my thought process since it was confusing and I typed this up before refreshing to see their update lol. Ainsell implied that storia/essence has a name other than “storia.” To me this implied that her character has a name rather than a title like “goddess.” Ainsell said it was “far closer than everyone thinks,” which made me wonder if it was a name we’d already heard, i.e. Quinn or Quadrivial, and Quadrivial having an obvious active ability (killing) rules them out. OKAY and lightning event when I refreshed. bruh there’s a voice from beyond the veil telling me that I’m wasting time on this pensive.jpg
@lyrelore lol abt the arg thing.
Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I do/did think that quinn is a player character and I thought that the ains = quinn theory was more plausible than storia = quinn, but I wanted to voice what I was wondering anyway in case it could provoke any more info from ains, esp since they have to speak cryptically.
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-27 11:37:37:
i can't even begin to understand how this message could be interpreted in a way that suggests that quinn is essence (storia)'s NPC - but then again, they could be an NPC created solely for this mafia game. and i'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding the theory, this game is weird lol
ains has already responded in the negative, so this is kind of irrelevant, but I’ll still explain my thought process since it was confusing and I typed this up before refreshing to see their update lol. Ainsell implied that storia/essence has a name other than “storia.” To me this implied that her character has a name rather than a title like “goddess.” Ainsell said it was “far closer than everyone thinks,” which made me wonder if it was a name we’d already heard, i.e. Quinn or Quadrivial, and Quadrivial having an obvious active ability (killing) rules them out.
OKAY and lightning event when I refreshed. bruh there’s a voice from beyond the veil telling me that I’m wasting time on this
pensive.jpg
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
[quote name="@CaptainTsundere" date="2023-04-27 12:23:05" ] @/lyrelore lol abt the arg thing. Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I do/did think that quinn is a player character and I thought that the ains = quinn theory was more plausible than storia = quinn, but I wanted to voice what I was wondering anyway in case it could provoke any more info from ains, esp since they have to speak cryptically. [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-27 11:37:37" ] i can't even begin to understand how this message could be interpreted in a way that suggests that quinn is essence (storia)'s NPC - but then again, they could be an NPC created solely for this mafia game. and i'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding the theory, this game is weird lol[/quote] ains has already responded in the negative, so this is kind of irrelevant, but I’ll still explain my thought process since it was confusing and I typed this up before refreshing to see their update lol. Ainsell implied that storia/essence has a name other than “storia.” To me this implied that her character has a name rather than a title like “goddess.” Ainsell said it was “far closer than everyone thinks,” which made me wonder if it was a name we’d already heard, i.e. Quinn or Quadrivial, and Quadrivial having an obvious active ability (killing) rules them out. OKAY and lightning event when I refreshed. bruh there’s a voice from beyond the veil telling me that I’m wasting time on this pensive.jpg [/quote] all right, thank you for understanding even if it is slightly irrelevant now - that makes sense to me now! the name being "far closer than everyone thinks" could certainly mean it's a name that's already been revealed, and i think quinn is the only other name we've gotten besides quadrivial, ham, and the gingerbread man (semi-rhyme my beloved) and yeah, that lightning event. clearly someone is trying to tell us we're involving ourselves in "circular, unnecessary arguments" and the speaker of the message is trying to solve those arguments - and the fact that it's arguments, plural, makes me think that it's at least two - and the two i can think of off the top of my head are the "quinn = pegasus = ains" theory discussion and the cutbug/stasis discussion. ...mysterious message giver are you trying to push us to talk about tangle and her death and her reads and etc instead??
@CaptainTsundere wrote on 2023-04-27 12:23:05:
@/lyrelore lol abt the arg thing.
Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I do/did think that quinn is a player character and I thought that the ains = quinn theory was more plausible than storia = quinn, but I wanted to voice what I was wondering anyway in case it could provoke any more info from ains, esp since they have to speak cryptically.
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-27 11:37:37:
i can't even begin to understand how this message could be interpreted in a way that suggests that quinn is essence (storia)'s NPC - but then again, they could be an NPC created solely for this mafia game. and i'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding the theory, this game is weird lol
ains has already responded in the negative, so this is kind of irrelevant, but I’ll still explain my thought process since it was confusing and I typed this up before refreshing to see their update lol. Ainsell implied that storia/essence has a name other than “storia.” To me this implied that her character has a name rather than a title like “goddess.” Ainsell said it was “far closer than everyone thinks,” which made me wonder if it was a name we’d already heard, i.e. Quinn or Quadrivial, and Quadrivial having an obvious active ability (killing) rules them out.
OKAY and lightning event when I refreshed. bruh there’s a voice from beyond the veil telling me that I’m wasting time on this
pensive.jpg

all right, thank you for understanding even if it is slightly irrelevant now - that makes sense to me now! the name being "far closer than everyone thinks" could certainly mean it's a name that's already been revealed, and i think quinn is the only other name we've gotten besides quadrivial, ham, and the gingerbread man (semi-rhyme my beloved)

and yeah, that lightning event. clearly someone is trying to tell us we're involving ourselves in "circular, unnecessary arguments" and the speaker of the message is trying to solve those arguments - and the fact that it's arguments, plural, makes me think that it's at least two - and the two i can think of off the top of my head are the "quinn = pegasus = ains" theory discussion and the cutbug/stasis discussion.

...mysterious message giver are you trying to push us to talk about tangle and her death and her reads and etc instead??
And when creation goes to die,
You can find me in the sky,
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
. tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
OOOH LIGHTNING TRIGGER [emoji=special eyes size=2][emoji=special eyes size=2] [s]I feel so bad for the ModGod though, curse you Storia for making me cry for a cryptic goddess NPC[/s] so! circular arguments, I assume that means we're probably not going to go anywhere with the talks of my stasis or whatever's going on with Ains, and that the message giver possibly wants to figure that out for themself considering they said [i]they[/i] hope to solve the arguments? the talk of infecting roles earlier also makes me wonder why they specified "I am always your right hand, my goddess"—possibly meaning that they're immune to role conversions? although the cult faction was the one we were speculating about [i]being[/i] the one infecting people... but there I go, thinking out loud in circles again so! should we shift the discussion back to Tangle?
OOOH LIGHTNING TRIGGER I feel so bad for the ModGod though, curse you Storia for making me cry for a cryptic goddess NPC

so! circular arguments, I assume that means we're probably not going to go anywhere with the talks of my stasis or whatever's going on with Ains, and that the message giver possibly wants to figure that out for themself considering they said they hope to solve the arguments? the talk of infecting roles earlier also makes me wonder why they specified "I am always your right hand, my goddess"—possibly meaning that they're immune to role conversions? although the cult faction was the one we were speculating about being the one infecting people... but there I go, thinking out loud in circles again

so! should we shift the discussion back to Tangle?
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
@Lyrelore
YOU KNOW, MAYBE I AM. /lh
@Lyrelore
YOU KNOW, MAYBE I AM. /lh
1JiWKRV.png____nonAp0O.png________e9mzZkV.png
OK!!! More ModGod / Messenger lore ( going to refer to these obscure messages as from the Messanger, although I have a suspicion it may be the Pegasus / Quinn / Ains). I have some speculations towards Ains' wincon as well as modgod's name and I wanted to share it now before i start concocting theories over the new lightning event. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-27 09:05:48" ] @/Storia I am not allowed to say your name but I AM allowed to be cryptic and weird about it. So much of this game of stories is based in some truth. Storia is the name someone outside uses- but in here? It's different. And it's far closer than everyone thinks. [/quote] [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-27 11:46:02" ] @CaptainTsundere I can confirm that neither the goddess nor the narrative have said her name. In puzzles and strange questions, it's always worth considering the literal. [/quote] We KNOW Storia is not the name of ModGod's ingame character. But at the same time, the name ingame is something closer than we are thinking. We likely already have all the clues for it, we just need to piece it together. Then we go to the 2nd message: neither the [b]GOODESS[/b] or [b]NARRATIVE[/b] have said her name, but that doesn't lead out other characters that have spoken in the story? Besides ModGod, the other characters that have spoken are: -Quinn, The Anonymous Messenger (Possibly Quinn), CutBug, The person that freed CutBug (I'm calling them "The Fairy" since it matches the description of them), and Quadrivial. (if im forgetting any feel free to correct me) Some of these can be ruled out: CutBug and The Fairy have not spoken to ModGod directly in story. But that doesn't rule out things from the other characters have said. I don't have the time right now to pore over all the flavor text to see if we can find any hints in there but my theory doesn't require that in the first place! Let's look all the way back at Day 1's opening flavor text: [quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-24 02:27:17" ] One job - I only had one job - keep the pen safe. It couldn’t have been easier than that. I promised every character a happy ending, yet I’m too stupid to even complete this simple task. Now, because of my own follies, I knew that if the villains were to win, there was nothing I could do to stop them. Maybe I didn’t lose the pen. Maybe it just left me to seek a more worthy master. “Wait for me, okay? I’ll find a way to get you out. I promise.” I blankly stared as the comforting figure of my only true friend disappeared from view. I didn’t want to disappoint them yet - not while they were still trying so hard. The truth, however, was that I’d rather remain trapped here with my sins than let any world know about them. Here, alone - a complete failure. [/quote] Looking at this exchange between Quinn and ModGod on day 1, it seems like Quinn's goal is to "get them out" (them being ModGod). Meaning Storia's character is trapped and possibly not at their full power. Meanwhile, Quinn aka Possibly Ains wants to free her. This could have both positive or negative consequences. It could mean that ModGod suddenly because a lot more Godlike, gaining even more powers leading to the game changing from semi-b*stard to FULL ON b*stard. or it could mean that maybe ModGod will start helping us out against the mafia (it seems she has a distaste towards seeing her creations destroyed after all). But that's likely Ains' unique wincon that they mentioned: it isn't intrinsically related to the takedown of town or mafia which aligns with what they had previously admitted. Lastly, my ModGod character name speculations. Given the whole loss-of-pen narrative, I am thinking that either their formal name or role is "The Author" or "The Writer", or just Author/Writer. It is the most literal name that we could give them; the closest thing to what they are. not sure if im on the mark with these theories or way off. I know i was saying i was hoping to talk about possible candidates that could have killed tangle earlier before getting swept away in ains theories, but its all been swirling around in my head since earlier and the new lightning ability spurred me to want to write another post on it.
OK!!! More ModGod / Messenger lore ( going to refer to these obscure messages as from the Messanger, although I have a suspicion it may be the Pegasus / Quinn / Ains). I have some speculations towards Ains' wincon as well as modgod's name and I wanted to share it now before i start concocting theories over the new lightning event.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-27 09:05:48:
@/Storia I am not allowed to say your name but I AM allowed to be cryptic and weird about it. So much of this game of stories is based in some truth. Storia is the name someone outside uses- but in here? It's different. And it's far closer than everyone thinks.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-27 11:46:02:
@CaptainTsundere I can confirm that neither the goddess nor the narrative have said her name. In puzzles and strange questions, it's always worth considering the literal.
We KNOW Storia is not the name of ModGod's ingame character. But at the same time, the name ingame is something closer than we are thinking. We likely already have all the clues for it, we just need to piece it together. Then we go to the 2nd message: neither the GOODESS or NARRATIVE have said her name, but that doesn't lead out other characters that have spoken in the story? Besides ModGod, the other characters that have spoken are:

-Quinn, The Anonymous Messenger (Possibly Quinn), CutBug, The person that freed CutBug (I'm calling them "The Fairy" since it matches the description of them), and Quadrivial. (if im forgetting any feel free to correct me)

Some of these can be ruled out: CutBug and The Fairy have not spoken to ModGod directly in story. But that doesn't rule out things from the other characters have said. I don't have the time right now to pore over all the flavor text to see if we can find any hints in there but my theory doesn't require that in the first place!

Let's look all the way back at Day 1's opening flavor text:
Storia wrote on 2023-04-24 02:27:17:
One job - I only had one job - keep the pen safe. It couldn’t have been easier than that. I promised every character a happy ending, yet I’m too stupid to even complete this simple task. Now, because of my own follies, I knew that if the villains were to win, there was nothing I could do to stop them.

Maybe I didn’t lose the pen. Maybe it just left me to seek a more worthy master.

“Wait for me, okay? I’ll find a way to get you out. I promise.”

I blankly stared as the comforting figure of my only true friend disappeared from view. I didn’t want to disappoint them yet - not while they were still trying so hard.

The truth, however, was that I’d rather remain trapped here with my sins than let any world know about them. Here, alone - a complete failure.
Looking at this exchange between Quinn and ModGod on day 1, it seems like Quinn's goal is to "get them out" (them being ModGod). Meaning Storia's character is trapped and possibly not at their full power. Meanwhile, Quinn aka Possibly Ains wants to free her. This could have both positive or negative consequences. It could mean that ModGod suddenly because a lot more Godlike, gaining even more powers leading to the game changing from semi-b*stard to FULL ON b*stard. or it could mean that maybe ModGod will start helping us out against the mafia (it seems she has a distaste towards seeing her creations destroyed after all). But that's likely Ains' unique wincon that they mentioned: it isn't intrinsically related to the takedown of town or mafia which aligns with what they had previously admitted.

Lastly, my ModGod character name speculations. Given the whole loss-of-pen narrative, I am thinking that either their formal name or role is "The Author" or "The Writer", or just Author/Writer. It is the most literal name that we could give them; the closest thing to what they are.

not sure if im on the mark with these theories or way off. I know i was saying i was hoping to talk about possible candidates that could have killed tangle earlier before getting swept away in ains theories, but its all been swirling around in my head since earlier and the new lightning ability spurred me to want to write another post on it.
sorry for the accidental ping captain!! forgot to remove it
sorry for the accidental ping captain!! forgot to remove it
No promises on the discussion of cutbug's stasis, from what I've seen there is a HECK of a lot of info in the flavor text.
No promises on the discussion of cutbug's stasis, from what I've seen there is a HECK of a lot of info in the flavor text.
1JiWKRV.png____nonAp0O.png________e9mzZkV.png
[quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-27 12:30:46" ] ...mysterious message giver are you trying to push us to talk about tangle and her death and her reads and etc instead?? [/quote] i said this in my previous long winded post but if we are planning to shift the conversation back to the murder of tangle, a good place to start would be one of their last messages where they gave their reads of a bunch of individuals. I already gave my thoughts on that a few pages back so feel free to look back there and add anything on.
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-27 12:30:46:
...mysterious message giver are you trying to push us to talk about tangle and her death and her reads and etc instead??
i said this in my previous long winded post but if we are planning to shift the conversation back to the murder of tangle, a good place to start would be one of their last messages where they gave their reads of a bunch of individuals. I already gave my thoughts on that a few pages back so feel free to look back there and add anything on.
HAHSJDFHAKDJS Ok 42 notifs to sort through, not to bad all things considering I was out for like 4 hours at work but uhhhh I'll be honest here, I've just done a quick skim to get the thoughts understood, and I'll be backreading properly as needed but some thoughts. [b]@Ainsell[/b] I think Ainsell is being honest here. They're aligned with modgod, in likely some sort of 3p alignment. The proof? The lightning event. Ainsell stated something just before it happened about "not trying to distract from the cutbug situation" but wanting to "lock this down first", and then what's stated in the lightning event? "I hope to solve some of these circular arguments". [b]@Storia[/b] [quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-27 08:53:30" ] [quote name="@/FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-27 08:48:32" ] @/Storia Are you the only version of yourself? As in, is there another Storia that we can’t see? [/quote] [font=century gothic][size=4]I am not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that isn't even my name. It could be the name of something else. No one knows. Once again, do not trust anyone. Not me, not even yourself. [/quote] Something about this tells me that someone in this game chose "Storia" as one of their names as a joke, but is now deeply intrenched in lore ((-squints at ainsell /j)) ----- Uhhhh on stuff that's already been *said* I agree that Fil should keep quiet about their abilities, and same with whoever healed Cutbug as ey are claiming not to have done it emselves. Which kinda makes sense tbh, since a self "Awaken from stasis" is INCREDIBLY specific, so unless Cut is a 3p intended to counter a specific person in the game, which doesn't make sense unless there's MULTIPLE people who can do stasis, which again, doesn't make much sense, so I'm inclined atm to believe Cut didn't self-anti-stasis. I also agree with lyre (and anyone else who said it, lyre's just the first one i saw when i went back to look for the name) that quadrivial is most likely a player. They actively performed a kill, it doesn't make sense for an npc to have done that.
HAHSJDFHAKDJS
Ok 42 notifs to sort through, not to bad all things considering I was out for like 4 hours at work but uhhhh

I'll be honest here, I've just done a quick skim to get the thoughts understood, and I'll be backreading properly as needed but some thoughts.

@Ainsell
I think Ainsell is being honest here. They're aligned with modgod, in likely some sort of 3p alignment. The proof? The lightning event. Ainsell stated something just before it happened about "not trying to distract from the cutbug situation" but wanting to "lock this down first", and then what's stated in the lightning event? "I hope to solve some of these circular arguments".

@Storia
Storia wrote on 2023-04-27 08:53:30:
@/FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-27 08:48:32:
@/Storia

Are you the only version of yourself? As in, is there another Storia that we can’t see?

I am not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that isn't even my name. It could be the name of something else. No one knows. Once again, do not trust anyone. Not me, not even yourself.

Something about this tells me that someone in this game chose "Storia" as one of their names as a joke, but is now deeply intrenched in lore ((-squints at ainsell /j))

Uhhhh on stuff that's already been *said* I agree that Fil should keep quiet about their abilities, and same with whoever healed Cutbug as ey are claiming not to have done it emselves. Which kinda makes sense tbh, since a self "Awaken from stasis" is INCREDIBLY specific, so unless Cut is a 3p intended to counter a specific person in the game, which doesn't make sense unless there's MULTIPLE people who can do stasis, which again, doesn't make much sense, so I'm inclined atm to believe Cut didn't self-anti-stasis.

I also agree with lyre (and anyone else who said it, lyre's just the first one i saw when i went back to look for the name) that quadrivial is most likely a player. They actively performed a kill, it doesn't make sense for an npc to have done that.
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 73 74