Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Greek Mythology Mafia Discussion [END]
@thatonespeedster You don't need to worry about spamming the thread :) as long as you are not purposefully posting the same message over and over, it won't be considered spam. Post as much as you like. Even fluff posting is fine, as it lets others know your character (lurking is more harmful as you might appear sus)
@thatonespeedster You don't need to worry about spamming the thread :) as long as you are not purposefully posting the same message over and over, it won't be considered spam. Post as much as you like. Even fluff posting is fine, as it lets others know your character (lurking is more harmful as you might appear sus)
l6jLd4V.png
OOOOOOOOH we should prolly answer questions or smthn

@Avante Okie :3
OOOOOOOOH we should prolly answer questions or smthn

@Avante Okie :3
1DKhf3D.png
Well then, it might be a bit late but let's ask the basic mafia questions

What are your opinions on:
-Lurking
-Sheeping

We're past D1 so there's no "opinions on D1 lynches"
Well then, it might be a bit late but let's ask the basic mafia questions

-Lurking
-Sheeping

l6jLd4V.png
[quote name="Avante" date=2018-01-06 13:47:29] What are your opinions on: -Lurking -Sheeping [/quote] I think that lurking is excusable under certain circumstances, as I do generally see it as a scummy move, but I know I’ve been guilty of it when I’m especially busy or stressed out. As for sheeping, which is not a term I am very familiar with, I’m going to guess it means bandwagoning? If so, I personally find that hard to judge because people could honestly think it’s correct when it’s not, or be tricked by the maf. If the same group of people are always leading the charge, I’d find that suspicious, though. At the same time, a lot of townies tend to immediately jump on someone with a different opinion or idea that may not necessarily be maf-induced, so, for me, it can go either way.
Avante wrote on 2018-01-06:
-Lurking
-Sheeping

I think that lurking is excusable under certain circumstances, as I do generally see it as a scummy move, but I know I’ve been guilty of it when I’m especially busy or stressed out.

As for sheeping, which is not a term I am very familiar with, I’m going to guess it means bandwagoning? If so, I personally find that hard to judge because people could honestly think it’s correct when it’s not, or be tricked by the maf. If the same group of people are always leading the charge, I’d find that suspicious, though. At the same time, a lot of townies tend to immediately jump on someone with a different opinion or idea that may not necessarily be maf-induced, so, for me, it can go either way.
[quote name= Avante] What are your opinions on: [b]-Lurking -Sheeping[/b] [/quote] Lurking is okay under certain circumstances, such as not knowing what to say or being too busy to respond. Sheeping, however, if it is what Opal believes, is not play in my opinion. Jumping on the bandwagon is one, a fallacy, and two, just not right. You need to examine the situation in your own way and do what you think is right in that case. Note that I'm a bit of a forensics nerd and may post lots of detailed information and may read into the situation too much.
Avante wrote:
-Lurking
-Sheeping

Lurking is okay under certain circumstances, such as not knowing what to say or being too busy to respond.
Sheeping, however, if it is what Opal believes, is not play in my opinion. Jumping on the bandwagon is one, a fallacy, and two, just not right. You need to examine the situation in your own way and do what you think is right in that case.

Note that I'm a bit of a forensics nerd and may post lots of detailed information and may read into the situation too much.

1DKhf3D.png
[quote name="Avante" date=2018-01-06 13:47:29] What are your opinions on: -Lurking -Sheeping [/quote] Lurking is okay, in my opinion. I mean, sometimes people can’t respond if they’re busy or they just have nothing to say. I lurk around in threads a lot because I’m one of those people who blurt out things without thinking irl, and that gets people mad at me. So yeah, sometimes I lurk because I don’t want to anger people. Just post like two or three posts a day though, I guess. Sometimes it’s not sheeping, it’s just that you have the same opinion of that person (would that be counted as sheeping?). I think that if you have an opinion, you should stick with that opinion unless you actually think that your opinion is wrong, not because everybody else has that opinion. For both of them, I feel like it depends on the situation.
-Lurking
-Sheeping

Lurking is okay, in my opinion. I mean, sometimes people can’t respond if they’re busy or they just have nothing to say. I lurk around in threads a lot because I’m one of those people who blurt out things without thinking irl, and that gets people mad at me. So yeah, sometimes I lurk because I don’t want to anger people. Just post like two or three posts a day though, I guess.

Sometimes it’s not sheeping, it’s just that you have the same opinion of that person (would that be counted as sheeping?). I think that if you have an opinion, you should stick with that opinion unless you actually think that your opinion is wrong, not because everybody else has that opinion.

For both of them, I feel like it depends on the situation.
gYfRVnU.png
rani
• fr+3 (est)
wishlist
[quote name= glodkies] Sometimes it’s not sheeping, it’s just that you have the same opinion of that person (would that be counted as sheeping?).[/quote] I don't think it's counted as Sheeping because it's your own opinion and you aren't just following blindly.
glodkies wrote:
Sometimes it’s not sheeping, it’s just that you have the same opinion of that person (would that be counted as sheeping?).

I don't think it's counted as Sheeping because it's your own opinion and you aren't just following blindly.
1DKhf3D.png
[quote name="Avante" date=2018-01-06 13:47:29] What are your opinions on: -Lurking -Sheeping We're past D1 so there's no "opinions on D1 lynches" [/quote] For lurking I think that for newer players it can be hard to get into discussion and might be excusable then, but for long periods of time while voting to stay safe or posting without really trying to help is a high scumlean. For sheeping while I don't like it at all, it can be hard if there has been a long discussion with evidence to tell whose sheeping and whose making a opinion off that evidence. I think the best way to do it is to post a post explaining why you are voting, and that also helps the lurkers speak more. @thatonespeedster To the orange drink maybe it could be just some sort of point to show the drnk has changed. Also, wasn't it not a poison but more of a hallucagian? @thatonespeedster That would make sense but we should try to avoid making lists if what @HarlequinCr0w says is true. Greek mythology is littered with evil gods but only winners write the history XD As for voting I'm really unsure on what to do. I'm not getting any high scumleans of anyone so I'm gonna go with a no lynch for now. Sorry for the long post!
-Lurking
-Sheeping

For lurking I think that for newer players it can be hard to get into discussion and might be excusable then, but for long periods of time while voting to stay safe or posting without really trying to help is a high scumlean.
For sheeping while I don't like it at all, it can be hard if there has been a long discussion with evidence to tell whose sheeping and whose making a opinion off that evidence. I think the best way to do it is to post a post explaining why you are voting, and that also helps the lurkers speak more.

@thatonespeedster

To the orange drink maybe it could be just some sort of point to show the drnk has changed. Also, wasn't it not a poison but more of a hallucagian?

@thatonespeedster
That would make sense but we should try to avoid making lists if what @HarlequinCr0w says is true. Greek mythology is littered with evil gods but only winners write the history XD

As for voting I'm really unsure on what to do. I'm not getting any high scumleans of anyone so I'm gonna go with a no lynch for now. Sorry for the long post!
nMK7dwj.png
Band of Bandits - Nuzlocke/Rollocke Noctua_Link_Item.png
@ExoticBacoe
A hallucinogen is also plausible, we're needing further research. I can do some more digging tonight and tomorrow morning on hallucinogens that can cause these symptoms. We'd have to avoid anything prescription though...unless it's something that can keep someone with narcolepsy awake.
@ExoticBacoe
A hallucinogen is also plausible, we're needing further research. I can do some more digging tonight and tomorrow morning on hallucinogens that can cause these symptoms. We'd have to avoid anything prescription though...unless it's something that can keep someone with narcolepsy awake.
1DKhf3D.png
@thatonespeedster

I would doubt prescription in a demigod camp, they would be more likely to use something herbal unless it someone from outside the camp I guess?

It doesn't just seem to be keeping them wake but also those slashing movements. I
@thatonespeedster

I would doubt prescription in a demigod camp, they would be more likely to use something herbal unless it someone from outside the camp I guess?

It doesn't just seem to be keeping them wake but also those slashing movements. I
nMK7dwj.png
Band of Bandits - Nuzlocke/Rollocke Noctua_Link_Item.png